Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Lagos City-wide Crusade Records Over 40,000 Converts, Diverse Miracles - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos City-wide Crusade Records Over 40,000 Converts, Diverse Miracles (1135 Views)

Lady Converts A Muslim Uber Driver & Leads Him To Christ. See Reactions / Pastor Wf Kumuyi Storms Badagry In Lagos City Wide Crusade / Lagos City-wide Crusade With CAN And Pastor Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos City-wide Crusade Records Over 40,000 Converts, Diverse Miracles by ojoadeola: 12:45am On Oct 04, 2015
WHEN the just concluded Lagos City-Wide Crusade kicked off on September 8, not many people envisaged that the General Superintendent, Deeper Christian Life Ministry (DCLM), Pastor William Kumuyi, 74, could withstand the rigour of the 18-day non-stop event, let alone travelling from one location to the other with all the stress involved. But he did, in what some participants described as utmost sacrifice for the salvation of souls.

The results were overwhelming, as the crusade, organised by the DCLM, in conjunction with the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) recorded over 40,000 converts to the Christian faith, aside diverse miracles that took place.

In Ikorodu, alone, over 4,682 people made decision for Christ, while in Badagry, over 5,000 people received salvation. In Epe, information gathered revealed that about 4,000 people got converted, while in Agege over 1,500 people reconciled themselves with God.

In Surulere, a 22-year old man, Uche Nwaogbola, deaf and dumb from birth, spoke for the first time. His teacher in the deaf and dumb class, Ms Lovett Osondu, was amazed, saying: “It is a miracle.” Martins Nwankwo, who was paralysed and bed-ridden, was also miraculously healed at the Surulere crusade.

In Shomolu crusade, which held at the University of Lagos, a 200-level Law student, Miss Ayomide Akinbode, testified to her miraculous healing. A year ago, according to her, she noticed a lump in her breast and visited several hospitals without a solution but after Pastor Kumuyi’s prayer, the lump disappeared.

Chairman of CAN, Isolo, Ejigbo and Oshodi Province, Archbishop Peter Febusoro, who was overwhelmed with the manifestation of God’s power, pointed out that the crusade not only brought unity within the Christendom, but also helped to rebuild lives, which were in shackles.

Febusoro said: “It was a well organised crusade. Everything was in order. Everybody that came saw the presence of the Holy Spirit. I just think that such a thing could be coming up once in awhile so that people can be revived. It will help to reshape the lives of people in the state because a lot of things have been happening in terms of criminal activities, immoral acts and other vices.

“The crusade could tackle these acts. Like in Isolo, most people who attended the crusade would have by now changed from their wayward ways of doing things and come to God. Pastor Kumuyi talked on so many things that would touch the lives of the people,” the CAN chairman stated, hoping that other churches will capitalise on it to achieve what the crusade was envisioned.

“That is why I said that I hope the crusade would come once in a while because it will bring unity among the Christendom. Christians were not as united as the other religion. But with this crusade, we have seen unity. For me, it is a joy,” he stressed.

The Managing Director of Jones-Olu Nigeria Enterprises, Jones Bagbe, was particularly concerned about the follow-up of the converts to establish and sustain their conviction in Christ, noting that it would enhance positive socio-moral disposition in Lagos State.

According to him, the level of immorality, criminality, cultism and waywardness in the state is on the high side, but the crusade had brought a lease of life to many families.

Bagbe said: “The impact of the crusade can never be overemphasised, looking at the participation and the joy that pervade every arena where the crusade was held. It will drastically reduce the level of criminality in the society. Therefore, the crusade has been a huge success, judging from the report so far received and the testimonies that were shared in the various locations, as well as the response to altar calls.

“By now the first and the second batches of the crusade must have conducted their water baptism for the converts, and this is one of the ways to measure the spiritual impact of the crusade,” he noted.

The Lagos State Moderator of Deeper Christian Life Ministry (DCLM), Pastor Joseph Fasanmi, had, earlier at a press conference, stated that the crusade was to address not only the alarming rate of robberies, cultism, drug abuse and corruption, among other ills, in the state, but also to usher people into the kingdom of God.

Fasanmi explained that respective governments in Lagos State, since the advent of democracy in 1999, had made significant efforts to improve the socio-political and economic situation, noting that their collective actions could not “sufficiently lift the state because of the people’s attitudinal dispositions, moral and spiritual make-up.”

He pointed out that unless the “heart of man was changed and turned around by God” to undertake salutary and positive designs, government’s measure would ultimately be feeble and less impactful.

According to him; “the leaders, themselves, are outcrops of a depressed environment, and cannot be expected to provide enduring solutions to the multifaceted challenges facing mankind and summed up in one word – sin. We make bold to state that it is only a completely changed heart of man by God through the gospel that can bring about a fundamental and unadulterated transformation in our broad landscape.

“All those that have conquered the basic challenges of development have done so because, at one time or the other in their chequered history, they had embraced the commanding imperatives of the gospel,” he added.

Kumuyi, while noting that the crusade was a divine assignment, stated: “I think the secret is the grace of God. This is the first time we will go through like this for 18 days non-stop, travelling from place to place in the state.

“We give the glory to God and the cooperation of the people as we have worked together in unity. There is unity in strength and I felt the unity of the people, not only Deeper Life but CAN, everybody, even the media too,” he added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/lagos-city-wide-crusade-records-over-40000-converts-diverse-miracles/

Re: Lagos City-wide Crusade Records Over 40,000 Converts, Diverse Miracles by IamAtribalist: 12:53am On Oct 04, 2015
Miracles grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LIES grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos City-wide Crusade Records Over 40,000 Converts, Diverse Miracles by Oladimejjy(m): 1:17am On Oct 04, 2015
Deaf and dumb from birth??

A man who hasn't talk nor hear from birth...

Will shout praise the lord.....I smell lies.
Re: Lagos City-wide Crusade Records Over 40,000 Converts, Diverse Miracles by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 04, 2015
""Uche Nwaogbola, deaf
and dumb from birth, spoke for the first time. His
teacher in the deaf and dumb class, Ms Lovett
Osondu, was amazed, saying: “It is a miracle.”"

Hmmmm, he spoke for the first time, What did he say, which words came out from his mouth Someone who is deaf n dumb since birth cannot utter a word, u can't say what u have never heard.

Lies, lies, lies. Kumunyi na fake pastor.
Re: Lagos City-wide Crusade Records Over 40,000 Converts, Diverse Miracles by paulGrundy(m): 7:56am On Oct 04, 2015
chuna1985:
""Uche Nwaogbola, deaf
and dumb from birth, spoke for the first time. His
teacher in the deaf and dumb class
, Ms Lovett
Osondu, was amazed, saying: “It is a miracle.”"

Hmmmm, he spoke for the first time, What did he say, which words came out from his mouth Someone who is deaf n dumb since birth cannot utter a word, u can't say what u have never heard.

Lies, lies, lies. Kumunyi na fake pastor.

You didn't take time to understand what you read before casting aspersions. The young apparently even though deaf and dumb goes to school, so don't be suprised he spoke. What he spoke- animal sound, or english. It was not specified. All we know is that he spoke.

No wonder the Jamb failure rate was high!
Simple comprehension!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos City-wide Crusade Records Over 40,000 Converts, Diverse Miracles by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 04, 2015
paulGrundy:

You didn't take time to understand what you read before casting aspersions. The young apparently even though deaf and dumb goes to school, so don't be suprised he spoke. What he spoke- animal sound, or english. It was not specified. All we know is that he spoke.

No wonder the Jamb failure rate was high!
Simple comprehension!!!

Hey Mr Gullible Christian, do u fink there's a cloak in my eyes n ears

That he attends school has nothing to do with him speaking. Fact is that a deaf n dumb can't speak any language wen their speech is restored because they have never ever heard any word or sound in their lives.
Re: Lagos City-wide Crusade Records Over 40,000 Converts, Diverse Miracles by paulGrundy(m): 9:02am On Oct 04, 2015
chuna1985:

Hey Mr Gullible Christian, do u fink there's a cloak in my eyes n ears

That he attends school has nothing to do with him speaking. Fact is that a deaf n dumb can't speak any language wen their speech is restored because they have never ever heard any word or sound in their lives.

Even words that they would be asked to pronounce?

Common man, be honest with yourself you don't believe in miracles.

I didn't believe in miracles till I saw one live. My neighbour healed of rhematoid athritis, for more than 14 years now, she's had no single symptom.

1 Like

Re: Lagos City-wide Crusade Records Over 40,000 Converts, Diverse Miracles by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 04, 2015
paulGrundy:

Even words that they would be asked to pronounce?

Common man, be honest with yourself you don't believe in miracles.

I didn't believe in miracles till I saw one live. My neighbour healed of rhematoid athritis, for more than 14 years now, she's had no single symptom.

lmao, I also cured rheumatoid arthritis with water so chill.

A person who has never spoken since birth can only do baby talk. chill urself men, stop all these shiitty stuffs.
Re: Lagos City-wide Crusade Records Over 40,000 Converts, Diverse Miracles by paulGrundy(m): 1:25pm On Oct 04, 2015
chuna1985:

lmao, I also cured rheumatoid arthritis with water so chill.

A person who has never spoken since birth can only do baby talk. chill urself men, stop all these shiitty stuffs.

Offcourse I knew you won't believe because you haven't experienced one or seen one yourself.

I have a little advice for you. Try verifying it yourself before jumping into conclusion. Except that your mind is too prejudiced.
Re: Lagos City-wide Crusade Records Over 40,000 Converts, Diverse Miracles by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 04, 2015
paulGrundy:

Offcourse I knew you won't believe because you haven't experienced one or seen one yourself.

I have a little advice for you. Try verifying it yourself before jumping into conclusion. Except that your mind is too prejudiced.

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THOSE MIRACULOUS HEALING. IF UR BLIND, GO TO D HOSPITAL.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Too Superstitious / See The Huge Crowd At Deeperlife Crusade In Abuja / 20 Bible Verses About False Prophets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.