Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,960 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Infinix Zero2 Lollipop Rom Upgrade - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Zero2 Lollipop Rom Upgrade (1976 Views)

Pls Help In Need Of Lollipop ROM For Gionee P4 / Come In For Innjoo Fire Plus 3g Lollipop Rom,root And Upgrades / Lollipop Rom On My Nokia Xl Screenshots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix Zero2 Lollipop Rom Upgrade by Fran6u: 8:19am On Oct 04, 2015
Hello to all my fellow infinix Zero2 users, here a link to the new lollipop rom, the flash tool and the custom TWRP Recovery. This should save you all the troubles I went through upgrading. Don't hesitate to ask for clarifications here. Enjoy!

J5800_INFINIX_LOLIPOP_A1_V0.10.5_S0909.rar - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoUaXEMO_g4b2RCTkVndUFIRVk/view?usp=docslist_api

Infinix_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_V1.0.rar - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoUaXEMO_g4TkdRZjgwMk9oRDQ/view?usp=docslist_api

TWRP_Recovery_Zero2.zip - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoUaXEMO_g4dDVYdm9kSlNkN3M/view?usp=docslist_api
Re: Infinix Zero2 Lollipop Rom Upgrade by abdulr747(m): 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2015
Tanx for uploading this, I'hv been waiting for it for so long. Pls can u tell me how to flash it using TWRP recovery?
Re: Infinix Zero2 Lollipop Rom Upgrade by Fran6u: 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2015
You can't flash it with TWRP Recovery. There's a link for infinix flash tool you're to use there in my post, please use that as it is easy and fast. However, it's recommended you create a backup of your previous rom and your data just in case.

After successfully upgrading to the lollipop rom, use the regular sp flash tool to flash the custom TWRP Recovery, after which it will boot into your custom TWRP Recovery. Here it will ask you if you want to install super user on your phone,select yes if you want your phone rooted and no if you don't want it and it will go ahead as instructed.

After this installation, select the superuser icon to update your binaries. Note that you'd require Internet access for this.

abdulr747:
Tanx for uploading this, I'hv been waiting for it for so long. Pls can u tell me how to flash it using TWRP recovery?
Re: Infinix Zero2 Lollipop Rom Upgrade by abdulr747(m): 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
Fran6u:
You can't flash it with TWRP Recovery. There's a link for infinix flash tool you're to use there in my post, please use that as it is easy and fast. However, it's recommended you create a backup of your previous rom and your data just in case.

After successfully upgrading to the lollipop rom, use the regular sp flash tool to flash the custom TWRP Recovery, after which it will boot into your custom TWRP Recovery. Here it will ask you if you want to install super user on your phone,select yes if you want your phone rooted and no if you don't want it and it will go ahead as instructed.

After this installation, select the superuser icon to update your binaries. Note that you'd require Internet access for this.

Tanx 4 replaying. Pls can u teach me how to use the infinix flash tool, secondly am I going to unroot my phone b4 flashing and lastly must I re-flash the TWRP recovery after flashing cus I currently have it together with the TWRP backup of my current rom.
Re: Infinix Zero2 Lollipop Rom Upgrade by Fran6u: 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2015
No unrooting required as the flashing process will wipe everything in your phone memory, hence the need for a new custom recovery. And by the way, your old TWRP Recovery won't work with your lollipop rom.

abdulr747:
Tanx 4 replaying. Pls can u teach me how to use the infinix flash tool, secondly am I going to unroot my phone b4 flashing and lastly must I re-flash the TWRP recovery after flashing cus I currently have it together with the TWRP backup of my current rom.
Re: Infinix Zero2 Lollipop Rom Upgrade by abdulr747(m): 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2015
Tanx
Re: Infinix Zero2 Lollipop Rom Upgrade by abdulr747(m): 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
Fran6u:
No unrooting required as the flashing process will wipe everything in your phone memory, hence the need for a new custom recovery. And by the way, your old TWRP Recovery won't work with your lollipop rom.

pls will the phone work without flashing the TWRP custom recovery after flashing the rom, and can kingroot be use in rooting the phone?
Re: Infinix Zero2 Lollipop Rom Upgrade by Fran6u: 9:14am On Oct 05, 2015
To flash your lollipop rom using the infinix flash tool:

Download and extract both the rom and the flash tool from the provided links.

Launch the flash tool and load scatter file from the extracted rom folder.

Next, switch your phone off. Then click the green arrow button on the flash tool. Connect your phone and wait.

Once the flash is done, you'd get a success notice.

Unplug and boot your phone. This might take a while, so be patient.
Re: Infinix Zero2 Lollipop Rom Upgrade by Fran6u: 9:18am On Oct 05, 2015
King root won't root the phone. And yes, the phone will work just fine but with stock recovery.

abdulr747:
pls will the phone work without flashing the TWRP custom recovery after flashing the rom, and can kingroot be use in rooting the phone?
Re: Infinix Zero2 Lollipop Rom Upgrade by abdulr747(m): 3:19pm On Oct 05, 2015
Fran6u:
To flash your lollipop rom using the infinix flash tool:

Download and extract both the rom and the flash tool from the provided links.

Launch the flash tool and load scatter file from the extracted rom folder.

Next, switch your phone off. Then click the green arrow button on the flash tool. Connect your phone and wait.

Once the flash is done, you'd get a success notice.

Unplug and boot your phone. This might take a while, so be patient.

Thank u so much, Let me try it.
Re: Infinix Zero2 Lollipop Rom Upgrade by rexdphoenix: 11:10am On Nov 13, 2015
thank you for uploading the rom. can i flash it using cwm or is the infinix flash tool the only way it can be done. i recently bricked and then unbricked my device cos of this lolippop thing so forgive me if my question is stupid. just trying to be careful. thanks smiley
Re: Infinix Zero2 Lollipop Rom Upgrade by Fran6u: 10:07am On Dec 11, 2015
No Sir, it can't be flashed with cwm recovery or any other recovery. It can only be flashed with sp flash tool..

rexdphoenix:
thank you for uploading the rom. can i flash it using cwm or is the infinix flash tool the only way it can be done. i recently bricked and then unbricked my device cos of this lolippop thing so forgive me if my question is stupid. just trying to be careful. thanks smiley

(1) (Reply)

{HOT}5 Tech Hacks That Will Make Your Life Much Better - #3 Is Just Awesome / Install Cm 12.1 Os 5.1 Lollipop On Tecno Phantom Z And Z Mini / TECNO Releases Droipad 10 Pro II Product Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.