Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Pls Hep Me!!!!!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Pls Hep Me!!!!!! (680 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Hep Me!!!!!! by holumphizzy: 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
pls i have a dog(adult male)later i got another one (pup female) but any time the male sees the female he would want to attack
Re: Pls Hep Me!!!!!! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
Kill em all
Re: Pls Hep Me!!!!!! by holumphizzy: 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
lol@obum
Re: Pls Hep Me!!!!!! by kolokolobi(m): 4:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
Most dog breeds are territorial. They would not allow anything not part of the pack to just come in without proper intro. It also depends on how socialized they are...I mean the dog(s). Mine will watch suspiciously any new dog brought in by me. They will not attack but you will see that slight head away look watching every move. But they dare not attack while I'm there. But I must introduce the newbie and let them know it's part of us now.
Like I said the problem might be that the older one sees the pup as a threat and secondly it might not have been socialized properly. Then you have not also taken time to introduce them... Gradually too. Maybe by sequesting the older one and allow gradual contact from partially to full under your supervision. It must also be made to understand that in no circumstances will you allow it to attack the pup.
Re: Pls Hep Me!!!!!! by Richybang: 4:27pm On Oct 04, 2015
kolokolobi is right but some times it's jealousy he thinks the pup will take the love, meal,toy and so on away from him introduce the older dog to the pup muzzled when petting the pup pet the older dog to muzzled he will know you still love him, feed them separately at the same time, muzzle the older dog and let him play around the compound with the pup and also play with both of them at once always be there to monitor them when they are playing for now after such progress you let them play without muzzle
Re: Pls Hep Me!!!!!! by Stancrus(m): 5:08pm On Oct 04, 2015
Its normal for a dog to be teritorial when a new member is introduced into the park with time they wil adjust just aviod feeding them together

(1) (Reply)

Parrot / Lovely Female Dog For Sale / The Double Paws Dog Championship 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.