Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,273 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Getting A New Smartphone Soon? Here's What To Do - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Getting A New Smartphone Soon? Here's What To Do (767 Views)

How To Switch To A New Smartphone Without Losing Your Whatsapp Chats / Samsung To Launch Galaxy S10 And Its Foldable Smartphone Soon / 5 Things To Do When You Get A New Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A New Smartphone Soon? Here's What To Do by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 05, 2015

Editor's note : Kelvin Ogwu is a writer and a mobile influencer. He's the senior editor at androidportalng.com

I know that feeling.

That feeling of anger after finding out you have just wasted your hard earned money. At that moment , Your heart is racing. Your head is pounding. And the only thought on your mind is "Them Don Scam Me". You promise yourself to never fall for such scam again but 2 months later , you fall for yet another Scam. My dear , You need to be flogged!!!

You see , These days , Money is very hard to earn and if you have it , its not wise for you to keep on wasting it. People have different reasons for getting a new smartphone. For some , its just for the fun. While for others , it is because they really need it at that moment. Whatever your reason is , it is very important for you to ask yourself this few questions before getting a smartphone :

Are you satisfied with your current smartphone? : Its normal for you to fall in love with a new smartphone you see online , however , If you're really satisfied with the output of your current smartphone then you might want to forget getting a new one. At least for now.

Are you ready to be disappointed? : Getting a new smartphone is like buying a new book. You'll never know what's inside until you look beyond the cover. You could be Wowed or Disappointed but are you ready for what is inside?.

Is this the right time to change? : If you have been using a phone for a long while then this may be the right time to change.

What do you really need in a smartphone? :
Providing an answer to this question will go a long way in determining your next line of action. Different phones are produced to cater for different needs. Finding your most important need(s) is key in making the right decision.

If your answer to the questions above is YES , then congratulations , you're ready to get a new smartphone!. Now let me guide you towards making the right choice. Tear a piece of paper , pick a pen , and lets roll!

Firstly ,

Write Your Budget Range: How much are you willing to spend on a phone right now? Write it out!.

Quick Tip : Don't budget more than you earn and don't borrow money from friends. A phone is a liability , not an asset.

Secondly,

Make A List Based On Your Budget : Go on the internet , do some research and list out 5 smartphones within your budget range.

Quick Tip : List out phones from at least 3 different manufacturers

The next step is the last , and we're going to do some maths ; Elimination!.

Eliminate the smartphones you listed based on the following factors

Brand presence and perception in your country :

Does this brand have a strong presence in your country? If yes , what are people saying about this brand? will you be proud to flaunt a smartphone from this brand?.

After sale service : What happens if my phone accidentally gets damaged? is there any repair outlet? will the spare parts be available in my country?

Phone specifications :

Which phone has the best specifications (on paper) ? and does the specifications meet my needs?

Those are the factors you should consider. You can also read reviews but you should be careful of the reviews you read online (especially if you're in Nigeria). Read from only trusted websites because some reviews are based on emotions and sentiments towards a particular brand. Less facts and more emotions.

Finally , what you pay for is what you get. A smartphone with a high price tag is likely to provide more satisfaction than a cheap smartphone.

http://androidportalng.com/smartphone-buying-tips/
Re: Getting A New Smartphone Soon? Here's What To Do by kossyablaze(m): 9:55am On Oct 05, 2015
Just buy Galaxy s5 and save urself from all diz poo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A New Smartphone Soon? Here's What To Do by neomatrix1027(m): 9:59am On Oct 05, 2015
OP thanks for the info. This will make us decide on our own on what smartphone to buy.
Re: Getting A New Smartphone Soon? Here's What To Do by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 05, 2015
kossyablaze:
Just buy Galaxy s5 and save urself from all diz poo

Let's take this as an example.

I'm a trader who earns just 50k profit per month. I have a huge customer base and due to the nature of my business , I have to constantly be in touch with my customers.

I just need a phone that can Access the internet , whatsapp , make calls and can last for at least 9hours a day.

I don't know what an octacore processor is (and I don't care) , I don't care about camera , I don't care about fingerprint scanner.

All i want is to keep on touch with my customers and I have a budget range of 30k - 35k.

*Is Samsung Galaxy S5 what I really need?

*Why should I buy the galaxy s5 when I will not even scratch 50% of its potentials?

1 Like

Re: Getting A New Smartphone Soon? Here's What To Do by RobinHez(m): 10:37am On Oct 05, 2015
Alrigght!

If u finished reading that piece up there and u're ready to buy a phone...just mention me, or visit the thread on my signature to get my contact details.

I'm a sales rep @Jumia...u shouldn't have any trouble.

1 Like

Re: Getting A New Smartphone Soon? Here's What To Do by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 06, 2015
Re: Getting A New Smartphone Soon? Here's What To Do by faray: 8:52am On Oct 06, 2015
Re: Getting A New Smartphone Soon? Here's What To Do by NCP: 9:06am On Oct 06, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Leaked Photo Of New Blackberry Android Powered Smart Phone THE PRIV / Five Things To Consider Before Getting An Android Phone / Oppo R7 Plus Variant With 4gb Ram And 64gb Storage Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.