Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 (1042 Views)

A Very Rare Tokumbo 2003 Toyota Crown For N1.8m / PURCHASE ASSIST: Very Rare 2004 RAV4***5-speed***N2.2m / 2002 Toyota Avensis. Leather, Auto, Toks ( Very Rare ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by promise72(m): 3:54am On Apr 22, 2009
Mr Siena,

On April 1, 2009, you voiced your interest locating a Volkswagen SP2.

To be honest, i haven't seen one before myself in person (Until few hours ago today  grin). However, with my knowledge, i know it will be in the league of VW Kharman GIA. Your humble request started on this thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-255551.0.html

I began researching as much as i can know about the car. It was made specifically for the Brazilian market ( i found out that it wasn't officially imported into the US).  About 10,205 was made from 1972-1976.  Most that got to the US, were brought here purely by VW lovers/enthusiast as what is referred here as "Grey Market Vehicles"

Here's a wiki info on the SP2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_SP2

So the official numbers in the US are unknown but by my estimation it cant be more that may be 100 (I will explain why)

Undaunted, i love cars (especially Classic Cars and One of a Kinds), i began "shaking the knowledge tree" i know and around the VW shops near me. However, i was surprised that even the "seasoned" VW guys have not even heard of the car talkless of seeing one That made me feel better a little grin Most of these guys gave me a "deer caught in a headlight" look.  grin

Some probably are thinking that i am a little crazy. However, i am very confident that being in California, the car culture here is very strong and its a matter of time, that i will be lucky.

I was today  grin. I tracked down the very rare and elusive SP2 here in Southern Cali for you!!!. Enjoy the pics

A little story on the car: It was brought in from Brazil by a Classic car broker for a customer. The customer ended up backing out of the deal cos of "family issues". Car is now being prepped to be shipped to Belgium(Or Sweden??) Not sure. Its sitting now at a warehouse here in Calif. Seller is willing to hold off until he hears from me.

The reservations/issues i have about the car are:

Price (Send me email, i will tell u his asking price. Unless its OK to post it here  wink). I have not negotiated at all on the car cos i haven't discuss budget with you.

Engine - It looks like a service is being performed on the car before it was shipped. The distributor cap and air clear is disassembled, so i can't hear it run. The warehouse don't do anything to it but ship so they don't have any info on it at all. It came there as is in the pics. We Can always have the seller get it running before we proceed (if we will).

My email is: Promise72@yahoo.com

Enjoy the pictures  grin

PS: I still have one or two prospects i will explore, we might or might not be lucky to find there. But i will try anyway.

Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by promise72(m): 3:55am On Apr 22, 2009
More Pics

Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by promise72(m): 3:59am On Apr 22, 2009
more

Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by promise72(m): 4:00am On Apr 22, 2009
more more more

Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by promise72(m): 4:03am On Apr 22, 2009
moooooorrrrrreeee

Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by promise72(m): 4:03am On Apr 22, 2009
grin

Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by promise72(m): 4:04am On Apr 22, 2009
grin

Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by promise72(m): 4:05am On Apr 22, 2009
grin

Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by promise72(m): 4:06am On Apr 22, 2009
grin

Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by promise72(m): 4:07am On Apr 22, 2009
grin

Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by promise72(m): 4:35am On Apr 22, 2009
I am very privileged to be in the presence of this VERY RARE automobile!!!

One-on-One   grin

Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by oblo(m): 7:46am On Apr 22, 2009
Oga Promise, u try no be small, the car is still in relatively good shape kpa kpa!! Kudos to u, Over to u Oga Siena,
Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by showbobo(m): 9:13am On Apr 22, 2009
WOOW. . . . . Nice one Mr. Promise but meanwhile can you provide the VIN of this vehicle and whats the current odometer reading,A/Chehehe. . . . . . just kidding though. . . . . Thumps Up
Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by oranges(m): 9:14am On Apr 22, 2009
what about the engine pics?
Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by Igwe9(m): 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2009
Quite impressive Mr. promise
How much is this going for? smiley smiley Siena must be happy to see this smiley smiley
Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2009
Promise, you've done good!

That's still got the original (or at least the correct) spare wheel!

The tyres on all the Brazilian VW's - Igala, Rio and SP2 were Pirelli Cinturato's as standard.

What's the story on this car?
Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by promise72(m): 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2009
Siena:

Promise, you've done good!

That's still got the original (or at least the correct) spare wheel!

The tyres on all the Brazilian VW's - Igala, Rio and SP2 were Pirelli Cinturato's as standard.

What's the story on this car?

Miracles still happen. Shoot me an email, will chat you up off the forum.
Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by sultaan(m): 6:14pm On Apr 22, 2009
Siena if you don't pick up this car I will just email the pics to Jay Leno, who will have the car in his garage before you finish reading this.
If you have to restore that car all the parts you need will have to be custom made.
Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by sultaan(m): 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2009
Just kidding, he probably has one
Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 22, 2009
promise72:

Miracles still happen. Shoot me an email, will chat you up off the forum.

Will be hard to send you an email. . .no contact details for you on here.

You can contact me via "contact us" tab in my website (in my sig).
Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by promise72(m): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2009
Siena:

Will be hard to send you an email. . .no contact details for you on here.

You can contact me via "contact us" tab in my website (in my sig).

Will do. I have my email in the beginning posting all along. Its the 3rd line before the end. Will send u email via ur website.
Re: Siena: A Photo Update On The Search For Your Very Rare! SP2 by Nobody: 3:44am On Apr 23, 2009
Email received, Promise. Will be in touch tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Mitsubishi Space Wagon For Sale! / Transport >>>>>> Totyota Hiace And Litace / I Need A 2010 Honda City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.