Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 (3660 Views)

How To Fix VRAM Issues On Pes 2016, Changing Your Shared VRAM To Dedicated VRAM / Official FIFA 16 Thread (PC/Xbox/Playstation) / Official Fifa 16 And Pes 16 Soundtrack Thread + [ Zip Download ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by hakinze00(m): 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2015
Am not a pes fan tho but i just have to post this because when i played it ova d wkend it was great
1. Goals, goals, goals While FIFA 16 is quite happy for you to
see out a nil-nil draw, PES is repulsed
by the idea of not scoring any goals.
Almost every shot is struck sweetly
and hits the target, or at the very worst
misses by less than the thickness of a Rizla as the ball sails just wide of the
posts. "Almost every shot is struck s
and hits the target, or at the ve
misses by less than the thickne
Rizla" Paul Pogba has a suitably venomous
strike (and similarly dangerous-
looking hair) and practically begs you
to shoot with him. It also helps that the
goalkeepers tend to be slightly on the,
er, haphazard side. Sure, it means you’ll concede the odd goal through
no fault of your own, but equally it
increases the chances of a last-minute
winner sailing into the top corner from
30 yards out - and when we’re
playing a computer game, those are odds FourFourTwo can get onboard
with. PES in action: a great goal we scored in
testing. FIFA in action: EA's first goals of the
week compilation. Take your pick of
play styles/aesthetics. 2. It’s a pass master
(except the through-
balls) FIFA’s slower, more considered
passing style means it’s great for
patient build-up play, but if you’re
looking for the crash-bang-wallop
football of Klopp’s Dortmund, you
might want to give PES a go. Messi Stringing together first-time passes is a
joy, with a feeling of controlled
looseness around the way the players
move the ball. It’s by no means
magnetic - overcook a pass and your
team-mate might struggle to keep it under control - although the AI assists
on the through-balls are still way too
generous. Still, that does mean it’s often possible
to split teams open like Andres Iniesta
chopping up watermelons with a hot
axe. And who in their right mind
would fail to enjoy that? 3. Who needs real
names anyway? Gone are the days of Roberto Larcos
and Ronarid but PES still can’t manage
a full roster of real team names. The
‘English League’ continues to be
contested by North London and West
Glamorgan. Bayern, Wolfsburg and Borussia
Monchengladbach aside, the entire
Bundesliga is absent, and the less said
about the Championship the better. But none of that matters anymore.
Some argue it never has (it did and
does). Console owners can now
download patches to update all Pro
Evo’s invented kits and badges. It’s
time consuming (once you’ve uploaded the image files you have to
manually assign each one) but the end
result comes pretty close to matching
that Sky Sports sheen that FIFA fans
have always lauded over their rivals. 4. It’s got the license to
thrill What PES lacks in real team names it
makes up for in exclusive, official
competition licenses. Phwoar. In all
seriousness, a couple of these
represent a gaping hole in FIFA’s Sky
Sports sheen. Want to walk out to the operatic strains of the Champions
League anthem? There’s no point
playing FIFA. Competitions PES Fancy recreating those glamorous
Thursday evening kick-offs from
places that sound like territories on an
ITV knock-off of Game of Thrones?
PES is the place to be, with a full Europa
League license to its name. Not niche enough for you? There’s also the Copa
Libertadores and Sudamericana. 5. It looks better Pro Evo’s graphics are powered by the
same tech that runs the latest Metal
Gear Solid game, so the way players
move and collide with each other on
the pitch is worthy of a sneaking
special forces operative. Neymar The Agueros and Neymars of the
game skip and glide across the turf,
gently nudging the ball this way and
that to keep it just out of reach of the
opposition. It helps with collisions too,
as does the fact that referees tend to be more lenient than an internal FIFA
disciplinary investigation, so sliding
tackles often have a hugely satisfying
crunch. There’s also the dynamic
weather, which means it can start
raining or dry up during a game rather than being the same from the first
whistle to the last. 6. It’s an amateur
tactician’s dream While FIFA’s computer-controlled
players have a decent tactical
awareness, blocking off passing lanes
and covering runners, its scope for
strategic tinkering is pretty limited,
with little more than a few pre-set game plans and nebulous strategic
sliders available. PES, on the other hand, allows you to
really get your Guardiola on. At the
very basic level you can adjust in-
game how far up the pitch your
defensive line ventures from the
goalkeeper. But setting two different formations for when you’re in and out
of possession gives you far more
control over how your team plays. It’s also simple to completely rip up the
rulebook and put players in exactly
the position you want. Time to try
tucking those full-backs into midfield a
la Bayern? Formations PES 7. It’s got better
celebrations RECOMMENDED 7 essential tips and tricks f FIFA 16 20 best Premier League fa in FIFA 16 Like it or not, the selfie is here to stay.
How do we know? Because Rome’s
greatest Emperor, Francesco Totti,
took one with an iPhone after
equalising against Lazio in January -
and you can recreate the whole thing on PES. In general PES’s celebrations have far
more character than FIFA’s, more often
involving other team-mates for high-
fives, impromptu group photo shoots
in front of paparazzi, and even Luis
Suarez’s famous wrist-kissing routine. You can even jump up onto the
advertising hoardings and revel in the
rapturous adulation of your loyal fans.
Coming to PES 2017: an elaborate
selfie-stick routine involving Ahmed
Elmohamady and Hull’s entire starting eleven wearing masks of Ronnie
Pickering. Maybe.Totti 8. It’s just more fun Before football games started to
become obsessed with recreating
every single blade of grass on the
pitch they just tried to be, y’know, fun.
That’s how Pro Evo made its name. It’s
why so many people still switch to ‘Pro Evo buttons’ even when they’re sitting
down for another marathon FIFA
session."PES 2016 feels like the best
combination of fun and realism
some time" PES 2016 feels like the best
combination of fun and realism for
some time. You’ll score late goals,
you’ll score great goals, you’ll score
away goals to take you through to the
next round of the Asian Champions League. It’s often end-to-end and
exciting, and when you really think
about it there’s probably more quality
to be found elsewhere. But it’s lots of
fun
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2015
No! Seriously... Dont u guys get tired wit dis silly comparisons all the time??

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by sammybrainy(m): 9:20am On Oct 14, 2015
I wonder o!

If you enjoy PES go ahead and play it, and allow FIFA lovers enjoy thiers.
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by moshoodn(m): 3:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
Copy and pasted. . .
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by hakinze00(m): 4:41pm On Feb 12, 2016
moshoodn:
Copy and pasted. . .
it surely is...had 2 copy nd paste it 4m a site after playing both games nd I saw dat it concur with wat I played
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by nairamaniac: 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
I was a diehard fan of winning 11 on ps1. that was from far back as year 2000. I played it till like 2006. Years b4 then all myfriends had migrated to ps2 pro evolution.I had ps2 and pro evolution. but it took mea while to GEt used to it.I finally got used to it sometime in 2009. but believe me, upon improved graphics and game play it still wasn't as real and addictive as winning 11 on PlayStation 1.but I managed it.Then from about 2009, I started seeing pro evolution on ps3, it just didn't feel Right. From then I lost interest on football games on consoles. I knew konami was heading towards the wrong direction. I wasn't surprised when I heard that FIFA had taken over pes from around 2012. andits been that way since then. Even the FIFA, I didn't feel it as I felt winning eleven and the early pro evolution games on PS2.I don't give a damn about commentary and other rubbish effects. All I care about is the gameplay.I could score 4 out of 5 free kicks in ps1. but i was yet to see any1 that scored 2 outof 5 as from ps2 and above.Please tell me Pro evolution Soccer 16 is more similar to winning 11 and PES(PS2) than all those other nonsense that came out in between.
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by samsard(m): 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
nairamaniac:
I was a diehard fan of winning 11 on ps1. that was from far back as year 2000. I played it till like 2006. Years b4 then all myfriends had migrated to ps2 pro evolution.I had ps2 and pro evolution. but it took mea while to GEt used to it.I finally got used to it sometime in 2009. but believe me, upon improved graphics and game play it still wasn't as real and addictive as winning 11 on PlayStation 1.but I managed it.Then from about 2009, I started seeing pro evolution on ps3, it just didn't feel Right. From then I lost interest on football games on consoles. I knew konami was heading towards the wrong direction. I wasn't surprised when I heard that FIFA had taken over pes from around 2012. andits been that way since then. Even the FIFA, I didn't feel it as I felt winning eleven and the early pro evolution games on PS2.I don't give a damn about commentary and other rubbish effects. All I care about is the gameplay.I could score 4 out of 5 free kicks in ps1. but i was yet to see any1 that scored 2 outof 5 as from ps2 and above.Please tell me Pro evolution Soccer 16 is more similar to winning 11 and PES(PS2) than all those other nonsense that came out in between.
Is it realistic gameplay being able to score that many free-kicks?
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by nairamaniac: 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
samsard:
it took me years of practice to get that much. without exaggeration from 21 yards, which is just around the line. I could score 2 out of 5.
David beckham could score that much in real life from such close distances.

it seemed realistic cos even peeps that had played longer years Dan me couldn't do that.

forget the free kicks. all I'm saying is that those earlier versions, ps1 and 2(winning 11 and pro) were far more addictive than their successors. even though the graphics were not as get good. But it was more competitive and had lovely gameplay for its era.

i
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by nairamaniac: 1:32am On Jun 03, 2016
samsard:
it took me years of practice to get that much. without exaggeration from 21 yards, which is just around the line. I could score 2 out of 5.

it seemed realistic cos even peeps that had played longer years Dan me couldn't do that.

forget the free kicks. all I'm saying is that those earlier versions, ps1 and 2(winning 11 and pro) were far more addictive than their successors. even though the graphics were not as get good. But it was more competitive and had lovely gameplay for its era.

i
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by Juicysam(m): 9:10am On Jun 03, 2016
hakinze00:
it surely is...had 2 copy nd paste it 4m a site after playing both games nd I saw dat it concur with wat I played
which laptop brand do you have and how much did you buy it
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by hakinze00(m): 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
Juicysam:
which laptop brand do you have and how much did you buy it
sori dnt play laptop games,due to setups ish
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by Deeni131: 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
nairamaniac:

i

Can I play pes16 on my phone without ppsspp emulator. where can I easily get pes16 to download. is it on play store? pls somebody should help me.
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by nairamaniac: 11:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
Deeni131:

Can I play pes16 on my phone without ppsspp emulator. where can I easily get pes16 to download. is it on play store? pls somebody should help me.

I don't know much bout playing PS on phone. Would love someone to help Us answer this good question.
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by Deeni131: 12:01am On Jul 29, 2016
nairamaniac:

I don't know much bout playing PS on phone. Would love someone to help Us answer this good question.

I do play pes15 now on ppsspp emulator , though not good like pes13.
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by Tcross13: 11:08am On Jul 30, 2016
Deeni131:

sorry bro buh i dont think konami has an android version of pes...even d pes 15 u said u r playn on ya ppsspp is a patchd version ....dev stopd producing games for ps2 nd psp since 2014...
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by Deeni131: 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
Tcross13:
sorry bro buh i dont think konami has an android version of pes...even d pes 15 u said u r playn on ya ppsspp is a patchd version ....dev stopd producing games for ps2 nd psp since 2014...

I thought since 2012. but actually I'm looking for the patched one pls if u know the easier link.
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by Emeka71(m): 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
I thought all those settings can be toggled on the game-pad options.
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
NONSENSE

even PES 13 is better than PES 16 not to talk of FIFA 16

pes 16 can't play true tiki taka. impossible to tap opponents in their box cos the fields aren't wide neither do defenders move well into opponents area, and that's the way I play. silly game.

FIFA 16 rocks, no one can tell me otherwise.
the best PES till date is pes 13, no one can tell me otherwise
Re: 8 Ways That PES 2016 Is Better Than FIFA 16 by donbenedict(m): 12:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
nairamaniac:

here is the link to the voting thread. please vote falconey. thanks so much.
https://www.nairaland.com/3261218/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination/12

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dream League Soccer 2020 Android Offline 100mb Classic Download Dls 20 Apk+data / Install Latest Games On Xbox one, XBOX Series S/X Consoles. Online & offline / Lets Play A Game"the Comment With No Likes"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.