Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

OBD Check....how Do I Carry Out? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / OBD Check....how Do I Carry Out? (738 Views)

New Arrival: Bluetooth OBD Car Scanners, Works With All Cars (4k) / How To Check How Much Oil Your Car Takes / On-Board Diagnostics (OBD II) - Questions And Answers Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBD Check....how Do I Carry Out? by hardbody: 8:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
I have acquired this software that works with my android to check my car's OBD. (Excuse my ignorance where usages are not exact and proper). Having installed the software, i now do not know where to sync the other half of the OBD in the car to enable me run a check . The vehicle in question is a 2013 pajero.

Does anyone know where this could be found in the vehicle?

Any help will be appreciated.
Re: OBD Check....how Do I Carry Out? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2015
Re: OBD Check....how Do I Carry Out? by mayor2013: 11:56pm On Oct 06, 2015
Slightly under your steeeing colum towards the right or left. An obd2 port with 16pin
Re: OBD Check....how Do I Carry Out? by hardbody: 12:11am On Oct 07, 2015
Thanks guys. I will check these tomorrow as i just got in. If i run into any hiccups, i will further enquire into what transpired. Until then, thank you all for the insight.
Re: OBD Check....how Do I Carry Out? by Stylz69(m): 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2015
You mentioned only the software. Do you have the hardware? The software cannot work in isolation on your android. You need a supported hardware which will fit in the OBD port shown above. It is that hardware that will sync with the android software via Bluetooth.
Re: OBD Check....how Do I Carry Out? by hardbody: 6:43pm On Oct 07, 2015
I was able to scan the error and this is what i found

P1769 - powertrain

On further check i saw

(Mitsubishi) stop lamp switch

(Seat/audi/volkswagen) Hydraulic pressure sensor 2 too low

I tried to google using the DTC but it stated that the error is unknown.

So the gurus here, what do i make of this and what further steps need i take?

(1) (Reply)

How Can A Tint Be Remove / Information On Car Purchase / How To Jumpstart Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.