Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality (8158 Views)

How Is Your Experience With The New "Google GO" App? / New Google Datally App Help You Save Data, Track Wifi And More / Virtual Reality: Welcome To Google Cardboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by jude33084(m): 8:22pm On Oct 06, 2015
Please who can help me with the new Google cardboard virtual reality specs.

It is no news that we can now turn our iPhones and androids into reality specs,....meaning you will now have a feel of being inside the movie!

How can I get it in Lagos?

https://www.google.com/get/cardboard/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
A nairalander, Leopantro made one
He might be willing to guide you.
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by ibawon(m): 11:57pm On Oct 06, 2015
You can actually build one your self, but the lenses and the magnets are the main issue. I ordered mime from Aliexpress. Still waiting for it sha

1 Like

Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Leopantro: 4:09am On Oct 07, 2015
Will soon start selling and distributing the Google cardboard virtual reality viewer. There will be two versions ; a basic and an Elite. The Elite will have the following features
1. Bigger and clearer picture
2. Adjustable lens apature
3. Inbuilt earphones
4. Color variation
5. Beautiful packaging
Google listed about 5 phones it can work with but I've been able to make it work for any phone as long as the phone has the following dimensions
136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm
However, I'm very busy at the moment but about 20 units will be avaliable by the end of this month.

3 Likes

Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by ibawon(m): 6:52am On Oct 07, 2015
Leopantro:
Will soon start selling and distributing the Google cardboard virtual reality viewer. There will be two versions ; a basic and an Elite. The Elite will have the following features
3. Inbuilt earphones
4. Color variation
5. Beautiful packaging
Google listed about 5 phones it can work with but I've been able to make it work for any phone as long as the phone has the following dimensions
136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm
However, I'm very busy at the moment but about 20 units will be avaliable by the end of this month.
Wow! very good news. And how much would it cost?
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Leopantro: 7:27am On Oct 07, 2015
ibawon:

Wow! very good news. And how much would it cost?

BASIC =N3000
ELITE = N4500

pick up points in Lagos and Port Harcourt. If outside those location, shipping is inclusive
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by jude33084(m): 3:08pm On Oct 13, 2015
WoooW!

Everybody should try it out! The experience is awesome I tell you cheesy cool
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by jude33084(m): 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2015
Leopantro:
3. Inbuilt earphones
4. Color variation
5. Beautiful packaging
136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm

Let me know when you are through I will help you to distribute them. I got mine from Amazon though.

Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Leopantro: 3:38pm On Oct 13, 2015
jude33084:

Let me know when you are through I will help you to distribute them. I got mine from Amazon though.

Nice. Not only were you given a Bluetooth pad with it, the focal lens can also be adjusted. Must have cost a bundle. Have you tried Galaxy VR with it? I use a PS3 to play the game. It's like Star Fox on steroids.
Will start production tomorrow, please what's your location?
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Leopantro: 11:50am On Oct 15, 2015
Work in progress.
I utilized the latest design from Google that removed the use of magnets and used a conductive switch which is better as Tecno, opsson and a few other android devices I tried don't work with magnets. It's the silver switch at the top. Also, the design is stronger.

Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by jude33084(m): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2015
Leopantro:

Nice. Not only were you given a Bluetooth pad with it, the focal lens can also be adjusted. Must have cost a bundle. Have you tried Galaxy VR with it? I use a PS3 to play the game. It's like Star Fox on steroids.
Will start production tomorrow, please what's your location?

Ogunlana drive Surulere. Na here we hide wink

The cinema aspect of this vr is what I love most. I guess we will have to wait a little while for more apps to be develop. smiley

I just converted Jurasic world to cinema mode, one wizard here helped me out grin
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Leopantro: 11:47am On Oct 16, 2015
jude33084:

Ogunlana drive Surulere. Na here we hide wink

The cinema aspect of this vr is what I love most. I guess we will have to wait a little while for more apps to be develop. smiley

I just converted Jurasic world to cinema mode, one wizard here helped me out grin

How did you do that? Haven't tried out films yet but from my research the apature for viewing cinema is different from the apature from viewing games.
I have over twenty VR apps I have tried out. Will be making a list of beautiful apps to try out. But, since you have a Bluetooth pad try out GALAXY VR. you will love it.
The cardboard viewers will be in Lagos next weekend.
BTW, does your screen drift to the left or right while viewing?

1 Like

Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by jude33084(m): 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
Leopantro:

How did you do that? Haven't tried out films yet but from my research the apature for viewing cinema is different from the apature from viewing games.
I have over twenty VR apps I have tried out. Will be making a list of beautiful apps to try out. But, since you have a Bluetooth pad try out GALAXY VR. you will love it.
The cardboard viewers will be in Lagos next weekend.
BTW, does your screen drift to the left or right while viewing?

Please HELP us with more apps oh!

Games are not much though undecided
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Leopantro: 11:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
jude33084:

Please HELP us with more apps oh!
Games are not much though undecided
Vanguard VR Blockbuster VR Spaceship Looper Cosmic roller Coaster Mata 3D Galaxy VR Sisters Jurassic VR

1 Like

Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Leopantro: 11:27am On Nov 01, 2015
Almost done, working on packaging

1 Like

Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by jude33084(m): 2:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
Leopantro:
Almost done, working on packaging

What game is that first one bro?
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
Leopantro:
3. Inbuilt earphones
4. Color variation
5. Beautiful packaging
136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm
could I get your template on how to make one?
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Mckandre(m): 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
U guys are fast, abeg try explaining to some of us what this device does.
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
jude33084:

how much did you get it?
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Leopantro: 6:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
jude33084:

What game is that first one bro?
Jurassic Dino VR
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Leopantro: 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
wreckingball:
could I get your template on how to make one?

I can but I modified my template based on the focal length of the lens I utilized and the location of the magnets ; it might not work for you. If you can determine the focal length of the lens you are using, I can modify my template for you.

For those interested in DIY, magnets and lens will soon be avaliable.
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Leopantro: 7:25pm On Nov 17, 2015
Mckandre:
U guys are fast, abeg try explaining to some of us what this device does.

The device converts certain videos or games on your phone into 3D, enabling you to see lenght, breath and depth. For example, while watching a film you see what the camera wants you to see. Imagine if you can enter the video and look anywhere you want to look
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Mckandre(m): 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
Leopantro:

The device converts certain videos or games on your phone into 3D, enabling you to see lenght, breath and depth. For example, while watching a film you see what the camera wants you to see. Imagine if you can enter the video and look anywhere you want to look
mehn,that will be insane, is it same with 3d glasses?
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by ibawon(m): 11:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
My Google cardboard is just sitting eating dust why? Because of no Gyroscope support. If you wanna buy any VR GADGET make sure your phone has Gyroscope surpport and be sure cos most lie about their specs.

Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by ibawon(m): 11:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
jude33084:

Bro is this Holo VR, and how much does it cost please wanna get a new Phone and a new VR gadget.Thanks in advance
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Leopantro: 2:08am On Nov 18, 2015
ibawon:
My Google cardboard is just sitting eating dust why? Because of no Gyroscope support. If you wanna buy any VR GADGET make sure your phone has Gyroscope surpport and be sure cos most lie about their specs.

Its not a complete waste. You can still watch 3D movies with it. Download VR CINEMA FOR CARDBOARD and try a few videos. ( will post a few 3D video links very soon). You can also try this game, SPACE VR DEMO FOR CARDBOARD. it requires your phones compass only, no Gyroscope needed. If you search Google you will come across some games that can be played without Gyroscope.

BTW, I recall when you assembled your cardboard and posted the pictures. Considering the short time period and the underuse due to lack of Gyroscope, that viewer looks like it wouldn't survive another month.
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Leopantro: 9:14am On Nov 25, 2015
Countdown has started, are you ready?

Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by augster(m): 11:37am On Nov 25, 2015
So if i play gta sa for example with this stuff, it‘ll be like i‘m on the streets walking abi?

1 Like

Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Leopantro: 11:58am On Nov 25, 2015
augster:
So if i play gta sa for example with this stuff, it‘ll be like i‘m on the streets walking abi?

Yes but no GTA port had been made for it. Will explain everything about it in the next couple of days
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by augster(m): 12:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
Leopantro:

Yes but no GTA port had been made for it. Will explain everything about it in the next couple of days
oh i get it! That‘s awesome by the way. I might get one
Re: The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality by Leopantro: 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
augster:
oh i get it! That‘s awesome by the way. I might get one

Trust me, it's wonderful. Will be available from next week and it's very cheap. All questions about it will soon be answered.

(1) (2) (Reply)

20000mah Fil Powerbank.who Has Used It? / Nigeria: Obasanjo And The Mtn Deal (*555*1*) / Etisalat Blackberry Balance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.