Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Sharp Unveils Robohon, A Robot Smartphone Running Android OS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sharp Unveils Robohon, A Robot Smartphone Running Android OS (1181 Views)

Samsung Brings Back Flip Phones Running Android OS: Meet Samsung Galaxy Folder 2 / Hp's Elite X3 Is A Beastly Smartphone...running Windows / Blackberry Launches Priv Smartphone Running Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharp Unveils Robohon, A Robot Smartphone Running Android OS by wearobo: 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
cheesy ;DSmartphones are becoming less interesting. The features that companies continue to add to their handsets - however exciting - are also becoming predictable. Japanese company Sharp is aware of it, which is why it has made a phone called RoBoHoN that, hold your drumsticks, is also a robot.

The RoBoHoN comes with a camera, a projector, a mic and an LCD screen which is incorporated on its back. It also comes with a facial and voice recognition system. Unlike toy robots that can only move back and forth, RoBoHoN offers many more capabilities.

That's one part of it, the visible part. The RoBoHoN can also make phone calls. In fact, it would let you know when there's a phone call. "Hey, there's a call for you," it notified in a demonstration. When you want to take the phone call, RoBoHoN quickly stretches it out to make it convenient to hold it.

It understands voice commands. You can ask it to place a phone call to someone and it would do that. It runs Android (what appears to be the Lollipop version, as seen in the embedded video below) and supports 3G and 4G LTE connectivity options.

The other part of the RoBoHoN is decidedly more exciting. It can walk, dance, and sit around like a pet and make its eyelids emit light. It can also take pictures for you, which you can browse on its LCD display.

The company says that it would launch RoBoHoN next year, and share more information about the gadget in the coming months.

cc:lalasticlala
Credit:http://www.wearobo.com/2015/10/meet-sharps-robot-smartphone-robohon.html

Re: Sharp Unveils Robohon, A Robot Smartphone Running Android OS by henribj(m): 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: Sharp Unveils Robohon, A Robot Smartphone Running Android OS by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
This is innovation
Re: Sharp Unveils Robohon, A Robot Smartphone Running Android OS by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 07, 2015
Noice.
Re: Sharp Unveils Robohon, A Robot Smartphone Running Android OS by myworldtech: 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
What is this? Lalasticlala iShilove
Re: Sharp Unveils Robohon, A Robot Smartphone Running Android OS by iahmed(m): 11:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
its simply amazing, but i think i will stick to my smartphone #iamnotachild i dont need a toy!
Re: Sharp Unveils Robohon, A Robot Smartphone Running Android OS by Olasco93: 12:48am On Oct 08, 2015
I love the competition on the Smartphone markets... Tougher than the EPL & LALIGA.
Am waiting till December boooooooms...
Re: Sharp Unveils Robohon, A Robot Smartphone Running Android OS by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 08, 2015
This stuff ain't cool , am gonna prefer my smartphone to this smarttoy
Re: Sharp Unveils Robohon, A Robot Smartphone Running Android OS by myworldtech: 8:52am On Oct 08, 2015
Olasco93:
I love the competition on the Smartphone markets... Tougher than the EPL & LALIGA.
Am waiting till December boooooooms...
Even in Nigeria where the league is not interesting..Techno is still fighting it with Infinix mobile.

1 Like

Re: Sharp Unveils Robohon, A Robot Smartphone Running Android OS by Techoftoday: 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
How would you make a call with this robot smartphone? grin grin
Re: Sharp Unveils Robohon, A Robot Smartphone Running Android OS by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2015
Techoftoday:
How would you make a call with this robot smartphone? grin grin

Normal way. U place it on ur ears. It's sexy when u watch the video. It's sexier when taking group shots
Re: Sharp Unveils Robohon, A Robot Smartphone Running Android OS by Olasco93: 2:47am On Oct 09, 2015
myworldtech:
Even in Nigeria where the league is not interesting..Techno is still fighting it with Infinix mobile.
Between Tecno and Infinix, generally speaking which company's product is BEST?
Re: Sharp Unveils Robohon, A Robot Smartphone Running Android OS by myworldtech: 5:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
i haven't use any of their products..so l can't which is better for now.

(1) (Reply)

Port To Glo With Me. MTN Has Finally Provoked Me. / Brand New Grey Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 For Sale / OBI Worldphone "Object Of Desire"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.