Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Nigerians Step Up Your Game In Information Technology - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerians Step Up Your Game In Information Technology (905 Views)

Information Technology Training / International Conference On Applied Information Technology AIT 2015 October 7-9 / Information Technology Companies In Port-harcourt, Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Step Up Your Game In Information Technology by blacksta(m): 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2009
* You may be aware that after IT now India moving
towards Biotechnolgy.

* According to one research India will emerge as a
super power in IT & Medical research by 2025.

Some Questions & Answers:
-------------------------

Q. Who is the Co-founder of Sun Microsystems?
(The company which is sweeping the internet with its brainchild Java)
A. Vinod Khosla

-

Q. Who is the Creator of Pentium Chip?
(Needs no introduction, 90% of today's computers run on it)
A. Vinod Dahm

-

Q. Who is the third richest person on the world?
A. According to the latest report on Fortune Magazine, it is
Aziz Premji, CEO, Wipro.
The Sultan of Brunei is at 6th position now.

-

Q. Who is the current president of AT&T Bell Labs?
(AT & T Bell Labs is the creator of C, C++, Unix to name a few)
A. Arun Netravalli

-

Q. Who is the founder and creator of Hotmail?
(Hotmail is world's No. 1 web based email program)
A. Sabeer Bhatia

-

Q. Who is the GM of Hewlett Packard?
A. Rajiv Gupta

-

Q. Who is the Testing Director of Windows 2000?
A. Sanjay Tejwrika

-

Q. Who are CEOs of the following well known companies?
Please find the answers yourself!

* AppNet
* America Online (The Largest ISP in the World)
* WebMethods
* Lucent Technologies (Pioneer in Fiber Optics)
* Proxicom
* Network Solutions (The sole web domain assigner)
* General Dynamics Corporation
* Lazard Freres
* Litton PRC
* Columbia Capital
* Primus Communications
* Discovery Communications
* Bell Atlantic
* Cable & Wireless
* The Motley Fool
* Hughes Network Systems
* Cybercash
* MCI Worldcom
* PSINet
* Motorola
* MicroStrategy
* Equalfooting.com
* Teligent, Inc.
* MindBank
* U.S. Airways
* CIENA Corp.
* BioNetrix
* Net 2000 Communications
* Computer Associates
* SAIC
* Startec
* INOVA Health System
* Cvent.com
* Eglobe
* Metrocall, Inc.
* DynCorp
* Consumer Elec. Ass'n
* The Carlyle Group
* Cyveillance
* Nextel Communications
* Fannie Mae
* Intelsat
* Draper Atlantic
* Venture Fund, L.P.
* Freddie Mac
* Manugistics
* Raytheon Systems Corporation
* Spacevest

* There are 3.22 Million Indians in America.
* 38% of Doctors in America are Indians.
* 12% of Scientists in America are Indians.
* 36% of NASA employees are Indians.
* 34% of MICROSOFT employees are Indians
* 28% of IBM employees are Indians
* 17% of INTEL employees are Indians
* 13% of XEROX employees are Indians
Re: Nigerians Step Up Your Game In Information Technology by blacksta(m): 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2009
We need to come together and be a force to reckon with . Forget bickering, tribalism, nepotism ,favoritism, 419, yahoo yahoo and rest of the madness.

It can only happen when their is unity in our energy.
Re: Nigerians Step Up Your Game In Information Technology by lekside44(m): 6:35pm On Apr 23, 2009
well, i like your call towards developing our local software. this is the reason i started a forum titled nigerian engineers and information technology. nigeria must change. we have to change.
Re: Nigerians Step Up Your Game In Information Technology by blacksta(m): 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2009
lekside44:

well, i like your call towards developing our local software. this is the reason i started a forum titled nigerian engineers and information technology. nigeria must change. we have to change.

do u have a link to the thread
Re: Nigerians Step Up Your Game In Information Technology by linxon(m): 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2009
blacksta:

We need to come together and be a force to reckon with . Forget bickering, tribalism, nepotism ,favoritism,  419, yahoo yahoo and rest of the madness. 

It can only happen when their is unity in our energy.

If you are serious about what you are talking about then lets do it I am ready!!
Re: Nigerians Step Up Your Game In Information Technology by s4: 12:22pm On Apr 24, 2009
This is a wake up call to all the business men that are presently parading themselfs in all the major IT related organisations (CPN, ITAN,etc).
IT revolution is achievable in this country (Nigeria). But some few are not allowing it to triv. They enjoy talking more than talking.

I hope this kind of call will wake us all up.

Fellow NairaLanders. Lets start by joining our hands together under one umbrellar and sincerely progress.

There is nothing like poverty in IT with the few examples i have had oppurtunity to see within the country and outside.

LET US ALL PUT THE NIGERIA NAME AND SPIRIT ON THE WORLD MAP OF IT ACTIVITIES, PRACTISE, AND EVOLUTION.

Thanks and God blessings.
Re: Nigerians Step Up Your Game In Information Technology by Skywalker5(m): 12:38pm On Apr 24, 2009
Please i am happy you started this topic. BUt before we can move well in this IT. our broadband internet facilities needs to be good,fast and effective.

There are a lot of things Nigeria is missing as a whole. one which is unified communications but most dont want to come to Niaja because of the broandband and internet problem we have(its so slow)

Please i feel the first step is to tackle that.Spoke with a few.they want to come cuz they see NIgeria can move up well.

Govt problem and all the bribes has chased them all away

I think we need to tackle the fundamentals first which is our internet conenction and Govt asking for large sums of money for this people to implement thier IT Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Step Up Your Game In Information Technology by Afam(m): 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2009
Hotmail the no 1 web based email program?

Meanwhile, the issue of broadband internet access cannot be a valid reason because majority of these companies developed software and solutions when broadband was almost non existent.
Re: Nigerians Step Up Your Game In Information Technology by blacksta(m): 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2009
Afam:

Hotmail the no 1 web based email program?

Meanwhile, the issue of broadband internet access cannot be a valid reason because majority of these companies developed software and solutions when broadband was almost non existent.

Yes i still believe - a lot old generation internet users still have a hotmail accounts and at the same time have other email accounts . for example almost everybody uses msn mensenger
Re: Nigerians Step Up Your Game In Information Technology by Afam(m): 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2009
blacksta:

Yes i still believe - a lot old generation internet users still have a hotmail accounts and at the same time have other email accounts . for example almost everybody uses msn mensenger

Almost everybody uses msn messenger?

Where do you get these ideas from? For a technical person I expect you to back up some of these claims with facts or some research.

Because a company claims to be the leading, award winning, best, foremost etc doesn't mean that the company is telling the truth.
Re: Nigerians Step Up Your Game In Information Technology by blacksta(m): 4:52pm On Apr 24, 2009
no problem - i will provide more facts
Re: Nigerians Step Up Your Game In Information Technology by lekside44(m): 4:05pm On May 15, 2009
who are the bodies responsible for accreditations of computing in nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help On C++ / Help / Help With PHP Array, Result Is Skipping A Row

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.