Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,527 members, 7,770,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:40 AM

Beginners Guid To Professional Photography - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Beginners Guid To Professional Photography (9342 Views)

CORELDRAW | PHOTOSHOP | ILLUSTRATOR | Training For Beginners (VIDEO TUTORIALS) / "Animating In Blender From Novice To Professional" [course] / Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by ochuski(m): 4:15pm On Oct 08, 2015
Greetings to all proud photographers in the house. I was moved to create this thread so we can all share ideas to better sharpen the skills of Beginners in photography.
As a Beginner, i would like to know which professional camera would you guys recomend i go for?
I have about 60k.
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by spywareczar(m): 8:58am On Oct 09, 2015
save more money

1 Like

Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by ochuski(m): 9:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
spywareczar:
save more money
like hw much?
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by Irelokeh(m): 11:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
Glad you opened this thread,I think you should go for a DSLR or a CANON digital camera,SONY offers great lens too,you will love a camera with large focal length and photo algorithm software,but Jumia is a nice place to shop for amazing Cams
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
Irelokeh:
Glad you opened this thread,I think you should go for a DSLR or a CANON digital camera,SONY offers great lens too,you will love a camera with large focal length and photo algorithm software,but Jumia is a nice place to shop for amazing Cams
A 60K DSLR (NEW)? are you kidding, that will be so poor in performance. just save more or get a digital camera @op.
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
ochuski:
like hw much?
If you plan to get a GOOD and not so outdated professional camera (DSLR) budget around 100k plus.
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by ochuski(m): 5:35am On Oct 10, 2015
Thavybe:
If you plan to get a GOOD and not so outdated professional camera (DSLR) budget around 100k plus.
ok. whch of d DSLR would u recomend?
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by ochuski(m): 5:40am On Oct 10, 2015
Irelokeh:
tanks boss. Pls av heard alot about DSLR cameras...whch of d DSLR is budget freindly and good?
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by RobinHez(m): 9:41am On Oct 10, 2015
ochuski:
tanks boss. Pls av heard alot about DSLR cameras...whch of d DSLR is budget freindly and good?
I think this is the best u can get on a budget of less than 20k...from Jumia. And you get to pay on delivery just let me makentje order for you.

Coolpix S2900 20.1MP Point And Shoot Digital Camera (Black)

Short description
Display Size (in): 2.7" TFT LCD, 5-level brightness adjustment
Megapixels (MP): 20.1 Megapixels Camera
Optical Zoom (x): 5x Optical Zoom
Control : TTL Auto flash with monitor pre-flashes
Shutter type : Mechanical and CCD electronic shutter
Colour: Black

Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by RobinHez(m): 9:45am On Oct 10, 2015
ochuski:
Greetings to all proud photographers in the house. I was moved to create this thread so we can all share ideas to better sharpen the skills of Beginners in photography.
As a Beginner, i would like to know which professional camera would you guys recomend i go for?
I have about 60k.
Sorry...I didn't see ur budget in the first place....how about I help you get this Canon camera from Jumia for a discounted price of #63770 (that's from #80000)

Am a sales rep on Jumia, you'll pay on delivery so don't think I'm a scammer...for further proof, see the thread on my signature.

Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by RobinHez(m): 9:47am On Oct 10, 2015
Irelokeh:
Yes...
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by RobinHez(m): 9:50am On Oct 10, 2015
Or better still...tell me what you want and I'll lookup the best deal. But whatever u do, don't shop without me...cuz I really need these sales sad

Cc ochuski
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
ochuski:
ok. whch of d DSLR would u recomend?
A Nikon D5200 DSLR or a canon EOS 600D, Both are around 130000K.

However, if you are on a really tight budget, u can get the one suggested by Robinhez

1 Like

Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by ochuski(m): 8:33pm On Oct 10, 2015
RobinHez:

I think this is the best u can get on a budget of less than 20k...from Jumia. And you get to pay on delivery just let me makentje order for you.

Coolpix S2900 20.1MP Point And Shoot Digital Camera (Black)

Short description
Display Size (in): 2.7" TFT LCD, 5-level brightness adjustment
Megapixels (MP): 20.1 Megapixels Camera
Optical Zoom (x): 5x Optical Zoom
Control : TTL Auto flash with monitor pre-flashes
Shutter type : Mechanical and CCD electronic shutter
Colour: Black
lols... Dats way out of professionalism. I already own nikon coolpix l330 i want an upgrade
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by ochuski(m): 8:35pm On Oct 10, 2015
RobinHez:
Or better still...tell me what you want and I'll lookup the best deal. But whatever u do, don't shop without me...cuz I really need these sales sad

Cc ochuski
ok... I'll check d canon out nd see if i'll like it
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by RobinHez(m): 9:26pm On Oct 10, 2015
ochuski:
lols... Dats way out of professionalism. I already own nikon coolpix l330 i want an upgrade
am not a photographer embarassed *face palmed*
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by RobinHez(m): 9:26pm On Oct 10, 2015
ochuski:
ok... I'll check d canon out nd see if i'll like it
awesome! cheesy
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by SmooshCHN: 6:47am On Oct 11, 2015
Don't be hasty in buying a camera. Make researches, read extensively on the camera that fits your need. Nothing will be more painful than knowing you should've waited a little, more or spent more. Here in China 70000# will get you a Nikon D5200 and a 35mm f 1.8 prime lense or nikon D7000 and a 18-105mm zoom lens or also a 35mm f/1.8 prime for crop frame. I'm sorry, it's more expensive in Nigeria. If you're really serious about photography the least of nikon you should settle, for is Nikon D3300 a little cheaper than nikon D5200 and D7000. From my experience Don't rush bro. Take your time to buy the best for your money. Know why you need different types of these cameras and lens before you buy any of them and which fits your needs. Being informed will not harm you and would save you so much cost wise. All the best.
Check these sites extensively to aid your choice process.
dxomark.com
Snapsort.com

Watch YouTube videos like "how to choose the right camera". All the best.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 11, 2015
SmooshCHN:
Don't be hasty in buying a camera. Make researches, read extensively on the camera that fits your need. Nothing will be more painful than knowing you should've waited a little, more or spent more. Here in China 70000# will get you a Nikon D5200 and a 35mm f 1.8 prime lense or nikon D7000 and a 18-105mm zoom lens or also a 35mm f/1.8 prime for crop frame. I'm sorry, it's more expensive in Nigeria. If you're really serious about photography the least of nikon you should settle, for is Nikon D3300 a little cheaper than nikon D5200 and D7000. From my experience Don't rush bro. Take your time to buy the best for your money. Know why you need different types of these cameras and lens before you buy any of them and which fits your needs. Being informed will not harm you and would save you so much cost wise. All the best.
dxomark.com
Snapsort.com

Sorry to chip in this, it seems you don't like canon cameras. I am pretty sure you own a NIKON because photographers love to recommend mostly the brand they are using.
BTW a NIKON D7000 for 70000K in china shocked , that is really cheap mate.
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by SmooshCHN: 1:32am On Oct 12, 2015
Thavybe:
Sorry to chip in this, it seems you don't like canon cameras. I am pretty sure you own a NIKON because photographers love to recommend mostly the brand they are using.
First, true I own a Nikon but I do get my hands on Canon. From performance to simplicity their great and they beat nikon in simplicity and how easy to use them. Canon is darn pricey I used their 6D, 5d mk III and 5Ds and they are very great and you can't go wrong on any canon you go for if you can afford it For the OP, he can't get a satisfactory Canon camera and lens with 60-70k except he goes for the old Canon Rebel series.

For Canon
Canon Rebel t3i and other Rebel series would be good
Canon 600D
Canon EOS M
Canon 60D or Canon 70D if he has extra.

If you are shooting on a really tight budget I always recommend Nikon but I'm very sure you'll never regret Canon if you decide to go with it.
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by SmooshCHN: 1:40am On Oct 12, 2015
Thavybe:
with a 35mm prime lens
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2015
SmooshCHN:
First, true I own a Nikon but I do get my hands on Canon. From performance to simplicity their great and they beat nikon in simplicity and how easy to use them. Canon is darn pricey I used their 6D, 5d mk III and 5Ds and they are very great and you can't go wrong on any canon you go for if you can afford it For the OP, he can't get a satisfactory Canon camera and lens with 60-70k except he goes for the old Canon Rebel series.

For Canon
Canon Rebel t3i and other Rebel series would be good
Canon 600D
Canon EOS M
Canon 60D or Canon 70D if he has extra.

If you are shooting on a really tight budget I always recommend Nikon but I'm very sure you'll never regret Canon if you decide to go with it.
I agree with you.
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by ochuski(m): 11:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
SmooshCHN:
dxomark.com
Snapsort.com

wow! Tanks for your honest post... I appreciate...i happen to knw som1 who orders things frm china... What do u say i purchase on thru him?
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by SmooshCHN: 1:04am On Oct 13, 2015
ochuski:
wow! Tanks for your honest post... I appreciate...i happen to knw som1 who orders things frm china... What do u say i purchase on thru him?
Whatever you choose to buy, you're good to go.
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by ochuski(m): 7:34am On Oct 13, 2015
SmooshCHN:
Whatever you choose to buy, you're good to go.
Pls bro, recomend me a trustworthy chinese online store that ships to Nigeria
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by SmooshCHN: 7:42am On Oct 13, 2015
ochuski:
Pls bro, recomend me a trustworthy chinese online store that ships to Nigeria
The only online store that sometimes directly ship to Nigeria is alibaba.com as for taobao.com that I use they don't ship directly to Nigeria. I mostly buy from local stores or taobao.com which needs you to be able to communicate in Chinese
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by Brimmie(m): 1:19am On Oct 15, 2015
SmooshCHN:
The only online store that sometimes directly ship to Nigeria is alibaba.com as for taobao.com that I use they don't ship directly to Nigeria. I mostly buy from local stores or taobao.com which needs you to be able to communicate in Chinese

Pls, how much is Nikon 5300 and 5500 there.. in Naira??
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by SmooshCHN: 3:58am On Oct 15, 2015
Brimmie:

Pls, how much is Nikon 5300 and 5500 there.. in Naira??
Nikon D5300 body only #63000 with 18-55mm VR II (not just VR) is #87000. And Nikon d5500 body only #98000 with lens 18-55mm vr ii is #120000 all comes with cleaning kit, strap ,memory card and other stuffs
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by Brimmie(m): 1:17pm On Oct 15, 2015
SmooshCHN:
Nikon D5300 body only #63000 with 18-55mm VR II (not just VR) is #87000. And Nikon d5500 body only #98000 with lens 18-55mm vr ii is #120000 all comes with cleaning kit, strap ,memory card and other stuffs

Wow! That's effing cheap! D5300 is 145k here in Lagos. I've not seen the New Baby D5500 in the market. I don't have the balls to buy expensive and delicate stuffs like that on AlliExpress.

Nikon D5500 + Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4G.. My Dream Combo! smiley

Thanks for the info.
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by SmooshCHN: 3:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
Brimmie:

Wow! That's effing cheap! D5300 is 145k here in Lagos. I've not seen the New Baby D5500 in the market. I don't have the balls to buy expensive and delicate stuffs like that on AlliExpress.

Nikon D5500 + Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4G.. My Dream Combo! smiley

Thanks for the info.
Nikon d5500 plus Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G isnt 120k oo
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by Brimmie(m): 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2015
SmooshCHN:
Nikon d5500 plus Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G isnt 120k oo
Lol.. I know right!? cheesy

Bros.. You suppose dey use this thing do business na! Okey Japan (At Ikeja) jus dey chop my money anyhow. 50mm Prime Lens na 30k.. Imagine!
Re: Beginners Guid To Professional Photography by SmooshCHN: 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2015
Brimmie:

Lol.. I know right!? cheesy

Bros.. You suppose dey use this thing do business na! Okey Japan (At Ikeja) jus dey chop my money anyhow. 50mm Prime Lens na 30k.. Imagine!
When he calculates shipping cost and other stuffs an interest 30K is fair for a 50mm f/1.8. Cos its like 27k here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kiss Flower / Free Nairaland Web Banner Ad Designs! / Masterpieces Made With Hundreds Of Anything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.