Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

How Do I Calculate My GPA And CGPA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Calculate My GPA And CGPA (2441 Views)

First Class Graduates, What Was Your First GPA And How Was The Latter Years / New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities / How To Improve Your GPA And Stay Focused On Your Education Each Semester (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My GPA And CGPA by dgreatrock(m): 10:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
Dear friends, please how do I calculate my GPA and CGPA. How can I tell what I may be graduating with at the end of my degree program?
Re: How Do I Calculate My GPA And CGPA by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 09, 2015
To calculate G.P.A. for one term :
1. Multiply the point value of the letter grade (see scale above) by the number of credit hours. The result is the grade points (quality points) earned.
2. Total the credit hours for the term; total the quality points for the term.
3. Divide the total quality points by the total credit hours. The result is the G.P.A. for the term.

To calculate cumulative G.P.A. :
1. Follow steps 1 and 2 above for each term.
2. Total the credit hours from all terms; total the quality points from all terms.
3. Divide the total quality points for all terms by the total credit hours for all terms. The result is the cumulative G.P.A.

eg In Nairaland 101 you scored an A which is equivalent to 5 points (if you're using a 5 point grading system), let's assume it's a 3-unit course.
Facebook 101 you scored a B which is equivalent to 4 points. again 3 units.
WhatsApp 101, you scored a C, this is equivalent to 3 points, let's assume this is a 2-unit course.
Your GPA will be : (Nairaland points * Nairaland course unit + Facebook points * Facebook course units + WhatsApp Points * WhatsApp Course Unit.) all over total course units.
ie: [(5*3)+(4*3)+(3*2)]/ (2+3+3)
= (15+12+6)/8
=33/8
=4.125
To two decimal places: 4.13
Which is a second class upper.

4.50-5.00 First Class
4.00-4.49 Second Class Upper
3.50-3.99 Second Class Lower
3.00-3.49 Third Class
Let's not talk about anything below 3.00.

That's the grading system for a 5 unit grading system.

For CGPA:
You take the average of your semester scores.
In first semester you got 4.13, let's say you got 4.49 in the second semester.
Your CGPA will be (4.13+4.49)/2
=4.31
Which is still a second class upper.

(1) (Reply)

UNIBEN Second Batch Admission List 2018/2019 Is Out / UNILORIN 2018/2019 ACADEMIC CALENDAR >> / Uniben Will Conduct Post Utme Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.