Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Make These Statements And You May Lose Customers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Make These Statements And You May Lose Customers (538 Views)

10 Fastest Ways To Find New Customers For Your Business / 6 Telecom Companies To Lose Operating Licences In Feb’2017 – NCC / Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Make These Statements And You May Lose Customers by PMIcon(m): 10:59am On Oct 09, 2015
Original source: http://house-era.com/index.php?topic=11.0

We have heard it said over and over again that "Customer is king." But how many businesses treat customers as kings? Many are just not aware of the impact some things they do have on their customers and this is worth addressing.

Statistics show that satisfying your customer can increase your PROFIT by 25%-95%. Those are not small gains to throw away. Yet you don't know how much businesses lose by not offering the best they have the capacity to offer because of wrong communication. Most customers who are not pleased with the communication your staff use don't give you the feedback, they simply make their statements by not coming back. And while they don't tell you, they talk about it in town. You don't want that to continue right? That's why I am sharing this topic on things your staff should not say to a customer when they need information, assistance or when they make complain.

1. It's not my department/ It's not my duty."

The customer doesn't care to know which department it is or whose job it is. He just wants something sorted out. Instead of giving excuses, one can say, "Let me direct you to someone who can offer immediate help."

2. "You are right. That was very bad of him."

No staff should commiserate with customer against another staff. It doesn't make you better siding the customer and criticizing a colleague. In the mind of the customer, the company may be seen as filled with a bunch of unprofessional people if you do that. The staff attending to the customer should take responsibility on behalf of the company and say, "I apologize for that. Let me see how we can sort it out."

3. "Call me back."

When a customer calls and, for any reason, s/he can't be attended to right then, it is your responsibility to call back. Remove the stress from your customer.

4. "It's not my fault."

A customer may come in fuming with anger and shouting at the customer care staff who just happened to be on duty when the customer comes. Naturally, it may be tempting to want to defend oneself. This has however complicated issues several times.
Behind the shouting is a heart calling for help. So, instead of trying to exonerate yourself, focus on offering to help out. Say something like this, "I'm very sorry about that, let me find a way to resolve the situation."

There are other statements one should not make to a customer but the bottom line is: Focus on the need and convenience of the client and company and not yours.
Re: Make These Statements And You May Lose Customers by millhouse: 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
za

(1) (Reply)

Companies Income Tax / Cheap Business You Can Do I Make Money Fast / MTN Nigeria To Pay $5.2bn Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.