Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Memoirs Of A Magazine Writer. [LMK DAIRY] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of A Magazine Writer. [LMK DAIRY] (477 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Covers ‘M-Lemonde’, French Magazine / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Memoirs Of A Magazine Writer. [LMK DAIRY] by magazineguy(m): 1:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
The first time I got in contact with Behind Magazine was immediately after the release of its third issue (3rd) issue, just as they were preparing for their fashion & music event tagged “Cinematainment 3“.

I got in touch with the Chief Editor to proffer some publicity services for the event, in exchange for some sort of recognition as was the modus operandi back then in 2012 for new bloggers like me. We met, got talking and came to a great conclusion on how both parties were going to benefit from each other and what not. November came quickly amidst bants of publicity on our side and lots of recognition from the Behind Magazine team and I was satisfied my good was indeed “appreciated”. The event came through & I traveled all the way to take part in it and also, network with other like minds in the entertainment industry.

Fast forward few months later, I had probably lost touch with the Magazine when its fourth issue (4th) got released with the amazing Yemi Alade and Yung6ix gracing it’s cover pages and I was like “What the Bananas?? I thought these guys were gone with the wind??”. Well, I was wrong. Apparently T.M had just started their beautiful journey onto greatness.

Time went on and they hit us with the fifth issue (5th) featuring Skales and Seyi Shay on the cover pages and the animal in me got compelled to reach out to the Editor once more almost a year after the first time. A couple interviews and great conversations later and I got on the team; more like, decided to give it a try. To my surprise, I learnt through time that the sky was just a stepping stone for the Magazine as I was let in on the plans laid out for the company.

The Sixth issue came real quick and I had started to live in the stressful hazardous world of magazine producers. It was a real challenge getting articles & interviews done and ready, getting photographers, artistes and models together for shoots, and also getting Art directors & designers to understand what we wanted and producing results in no time. It was one of the most stressful Decembers of my life, but it is one of my favorite because I got the appalling opportunity to create content for a magazine that was steady gaining momentum in the entertainment Industry and Africa at large.

It got released by the end of December and amidst the New Year celebrations, we pushed harder than we ever thought we could. The Magazine got surprisingly featured on platforms we may not have been ordinarily featured on; my favorite part was “Behind Magazine” organically trending on Twitter NG. No, we didn’t pay parody account owners to tweet jokes and questions while hash-tagging us, we got all the engagements from Blogs and people who whole-heartedly supported us. Endia and Emma Nyra who were the faces of the sixth issue (6th issue) also trended on Twitter and it was indeed a win-win for everyone who put in time & efforts for that issue.

Read more on: http://www.tushmagazine.com.ng/lmks-diary-memoirs-of-a-Behind-magazine-staff/

(1) (Reply)

Sunshine! / Use This Great Technique To Find Study Easier And Pass / Ijapa's Adventures: The Steel Trap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.