Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out (15516 Views)

N 1 Million Burial Levy In Eziowelle, Idemili Anambra: Community Members Cry Out / Family Members Meet A Robber At Home As They Come Home From Mosque In Abuja. Pic / How We Killed The DSS Officials At Arepo - Agbara Robbery Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by ogochukwu247(f): 2:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
Since the incident of September 16, 2015, when nine operatives of the Department of State Services, DSS, were reportedly ambushed and killed by vandals at Konu area of Ikorodu, Lagos, occurred, normalcy seems to have returned in the area as activities are still going on in full swing.

While family members of the missing operatives allege that officials of the DSS still claim that their men were alive and that they were making frantic efforts to locate their whereabouts, neither the police nor the government has come out with a concrete pronouncement about the fate of the DSS operatives.

Anguish and sorrow pervade homes

But same can not be said of the homes of the slain operatives, as dead silence pervades everywhere, with family members devastated beyond words. Anguish and sorrow still hover over their abode like a thick darkness.

DSS boss Daura

A chance meeting with some of the family members showed that they are yet to come to terms with the true position of the fate of their loved ones. This is because the DSS reportedly informed them that their assumed dead bread winners were still alive after all, in spite of glaring evidence contradicting its assertion.

At the moment, there is mixed feeling of uncertainty and fear in their respective homes as they look forward each day with great expectation, to the warm embrace of their loved ones . This is, if the assurance from DSS, is anything to go by.

Family member opens up

Among those at cross roads are family members of one of the missing operatives, identified simply as Obiora. He told Vanguard that his light-complexioned brother was one of the best hands when it came to cracking hard cases such as high profile kidnap and murder cases.

He said: “While earlier report had it that Obiora, alongside his other colleagues, went to Konu area of Ikorodu, that fateful day to effect the arrest of vandals who were siphoning petroleum products from a broken pipeline belonging to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, we were reliably informed that they were on a mission to track kidnappers of the wife of the Deputy General Manager of THE SUN newspapers , Mrs Toyin Nwosu, who was abducted by robbers who invaded her Ago Okota home, two days earlier.

“The operatives described as the best hands for such operation, were on the kidnappers trail, unfortunately, they ran into an ambush by the vandals who opened fire on sighting them. Even in the face of death, the operatives were said to have gallantly repelled their enemies. Surprisingly, since the incident occurred , no official statement has been released by the DSS nor has the issue been deliberated on at any level of government.”

I spoke with Obiora two hours before the incident —Brother

Worried by the seeming silence on the whereabouts of his brother Obiora , and other operatives who went on the suicidal mission , an upcoming hip-hop artist and actor, Don Saint ,described the whole scenario as a horror movie. He disclosed that few hours before the incident was reported, he spoke with his brother, Obiora, on the phone, and he disclosed that they were on a mission to rescue Mrs Nwosu, unknown to him that the conversation might be the last with him.

He said: “When I called my brother on that fateful day, he told me they were in a hide-out around Ikorodu, tracking kidnappers of The Sun newspaper’s Deputy Managing Director’s wife. I called to discuss an issue with him. He promised to get back to me at an appropriate time. My sister also called him and he said same thing. But two hours later, when I logged on to the internet, I was shocked to my bone marrow to read the news of what happened at Konu. Immediately, I called his line again to ascertain the report. But it was not going.

“Two days later, I visited the DSS office at Magodo estate and the person we saw told me and other family members that came that ‘ they are alive and fine. ‘Don’t mind the news you have read online. They went on a mission. They are fine’ . Again, on Monday , September 21, 2015, I and other family members of the affected operatives met with the State Director of DSS and he still said same thing. By Tuesday, it will be one month that my brother and other operatives went missing. The painful aspect of it all is that the government they worked for has not reached out to the families to know how they are faring. My brother has a young wife and two little children who keep asking me about the whereabouts of their father.

“This is an evidence of the fact that we are in a country where human life is not valued. Or how do you explain the long silence from the DSS and government? If they are alive, where are they ? Now, I know what families of the missing CHIBOK girls are going through . This is like a horror movie. Such will never happen in the advanced world. My family has been broken since then. What we need is an official report from the DSS . Let them tell us what is happening.

Endless wait by aged parents

Obiora’s younger brother and immediate family in Lagos are not alone in this state of anguish. His aged parents back in Anambra State, as well as members of their community, are also said to be in a state of shock. This is because Obiora was described as the cynosure of all eyes in both his family and the community at large.

According to a relative who also spoke on condition of anonymity, “ We do not want to believe he is dead as assured by the DSS. But our worry is that he has never gone on any official duty and stayed this long. He is a loving husband and father who always spoke with his wife and children of ages one and three, on daily basis. His intimidating height and build is the envy of every rational thinking person.

Vanguard gathered that while the family members are hoping to see their loved ones as assured by the DSS, they have resorted to spiritual intervention through prayers. It was gathered that the outcome of some of the prayer houses showed positive light while others enjoined the families to keep praying.

source
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/killing-of-dss-operatives-by-vandals-family-members-allege-negligence/

cc lalasticlala
Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by benedictnsi(m): 2:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
It's a pity.....

People who were FAITHFUL LOYAL AND HONEST per se...... Who defended her Unity and upheld her honour and Glory....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by Zozot: 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
hmmm
Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by hob(m): 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
they need closure

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by plexond(m): 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
Okk
Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by uniknet: 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
I feel for the family...

Why won't government just come out clean about the whole matter.
One month after the incidence and DSS officials are still insisting 'they are alive and were sent on a mission'. What nonsense.
Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by drtwist(m): 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
DSS believe they are alive because there is no trace of their bodies up till date...DSS shld be mandated by government to produce those missing officer dead or alive, or get scraped. Because if its Akwa ibom na they will not hesitate to brake in o. Political Tools.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by seunlayi(m): 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
i do say something that in Nigeria today, there are some jobs or appointment that if they are given to my friends or relative I won't say congratulation to them. Ok, imagine what those families must be going thru no. NAIJA DON SCATTER-SCATTER

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by free2ryhme: 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
angry na wa oh nigeria after now if we are given a second chance no body would want to be born into nigeria again this kinda things could only happen in a country where we have chalatants in government what a failed country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
Under Jonathan we heard little about this DSS but now they are making FP almost every day!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by seunlayi(m): 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
This issue needs clarification from the DSS officials ASAP

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by free2ryhme: 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nigeria will always know tragedy until we all be sincere to ourselves and do the needful by structuring the nation away from this structure of tragedy. Nigeria is like a hospital and a mortuary, it is a place for the sick, the injured and dead bodies. If law enforcement don't kill the citizens, the citizens will kill law enforcement. Because there is too much injustices..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
It would have been nice if the robbers had extended there their generosity to the family members...Greedy Long throats undecided....Quote me if you want a A Rabies Dog will RAPE YOU undecided
Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by cuvox(m): 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
NAME = OBIORA
TRIBE = IGBO

ALL I WANT TO SAY IS THAT THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THAT TRIBE..

R. I. P.

DAURA SECRET SERVICE DOEST CARE, it's best you move on

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by MadCow1: 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
First of all, issues involving the DSS and its operatives are considered 'CLASSIFIED INFORMATION' and not even assessible under the Freedom of Information Act.

Its really sad and I cant even begin to imagine the pain and anguish the family must be going through but they should also remember that their son signed up for a line of work that is highly dangerous and comes with a lot of secrecy.

They may not be dead and may be on a mission in deep cover (Undercover) and revealing information to the family may blow their cover and compromise their mission.

I don't know how this issue would be resolved but I have heard that the DSS operatives sign a warrant that literally makes them the property of the Federal Government of Nigeria. Meaning even if they are dead, the Government is under no obligation to inform the family until such a time as it feels its okay to 'DECLASSIFY' such information. I stand to be corrected.

I hope the family meets with a favorable resolution of this issue.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Hmmmm
Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
haaaaaaa
Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by BlackPeni5: 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
Lies upon lies...Believe this government at your own peril.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by Ilekeh(f): 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
Vanquay:
It would have been nice if the robbers had extended there their generosity to the family members...Greedy Long throats undecided....Quote me and a A Rabies Dog will RAPE YOU undecided

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by passionate88: 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
Chineke! I posted this story since morning. lalasticlala, Don do me apc o

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by emmanwandud(m): 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
Their case will be like chibok girls,endless wait till Jonathan wins election again for the third time in 2019 and he would set up a committee to search for missing dss operatives. Naija I hail thee

1 Like

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by emmanuel596(m): 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
Welcome to nigeria were ur life means nothing to the government
Were there's no guarantee and competitions
Were u are things just don't go the right way....rip to d dead
Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by Swagk101(m): 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
Seems the government is lying again, cos d news reaching me has it that their bodies were taken away by d culprits(Ijaw boys).
Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by Anthony0094(m): 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by boboLIL(m): 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
Rip to the dead
Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by nzeobi(m): 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
This country is not secured, if DSS officials could be killed or kidnapped in that manner as similar to ombatse incident then we shouldn't expect them to stop boko haram
Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by yomalex(m): 3:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
Heart rending
Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by ifex370(m): 3:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nairaland mods are very tribalistic...

keep hating Igbo's na,, let's see Whr it'll land you guys

4 Likes

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by Guyman02: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
The problem is that some of these assignments are handled with sentiments; whereby people are sent on dangerous missions ill-equipped. DSS (called Daura Security service) leaders are in Akwa Ibom Govt House harassing political leaders while leaving vandals to wreck havoc on their men.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by LOC1(m): 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
The truth is that Obiora is gone. DSS should come out clean on this one. This is what we face here in this part of ikorodu. These vandals are so fortified that no security operative can come into the community at will especially on uniform. They kill men of our Armed Forces at sight. Infact our freedom has been trampled on and the government is doing nothing about our situation. Konu is SAMBISA in Lagos and the landlords are not ready to leave. I will implore all well meaning Nigerians to pray for Konu. Schools and religious settings have been shut because of the activities of these vandals. We are customed to hearing gunshots every now and then.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by menix(m): 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hmm..

Why is That these miliitary/para military don't value the lives of their gallant officers..
A military friend of mine was killed by bokoharam, took his head along, today they have given his family till Dec to vacate the barrack nd a compensation of 250k...

Something of such happened nd DSS have not gone in numbers to wipe out the Vandals terrorizing that area..
Won't be surprise if they re Jagaban boiz else why have they been allowed to operate till date..
Re: Alleged Killing Of DSS Officials: Family Members Cry Out by Generalkorex(m): 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
LOC1:
This is what we face here in this part of ikorodu. These vandals are so fortified that no security operative can come into the community at will especially on uniform. They kill men of our Armed of Forces at sight. Infact our freedom has been trampled on and the government is doing nothing about our situation. Konu is SAMBISA in Lagos and the landlords are not ready to leave. I will implore all well meaning Nigerians to pray for Konu. Schools and religious settings have been shut because of the activities of these vandals. We are customed to hearing of gunshots every now and then.
Normalcy never returned at koonu o.
Abule oba is now sambisa of lagos.
Just last week I was with my guy b4 one of those guys came. He slapped d guy hard dat the eye never clear till now.
I still help him apply eye drop today.
Those guys are causing trouble there.
Once you offend them,they will take you on water to deal with you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Sentences Enugu Lady To Five Years Imprisonment For Child Abuse / Light Bearers Schoolmistress Who Defiled A Pupil Absconds / Man Sells Father To Kidnappers For N45,000 In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.