Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Enyeama Vs Oliseh: Coach Oliseh Tells Side Of Story - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Vs Oliseh: Coach Oliseh Tells Side Of Story (398 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Vs Peter Rufai: Who Did Better In Super Eagles?? / We Won’t Allow Oliseh Coach Us Into Trouble -NFF / 'Oliseh Shuts Enyeama Up, Kicks Him Out Of Camp Today' - Muyiwa Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enyeama Vs Oliseh: Coach Oliseh Tells Side Of Story by olawalemicheal: 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
Super Eagles Coach Sunday Oliseh has come out to tell his side of the story in the crisis between him and Vincent Enyeama, that led to the now ex-international retiring from international football.

In an interview posted on the YouTube channel of the Super Eagles, the coach talked about positives gained from the loss against DR Congo and what happened in the much publicized row with Vincent Enyeama.

Coach Oliseh expressed his disappointment at what he termed “character assassination” from the former goal keeper and captain.“I’m very hurt and very disappointed at the character assassination that Vincent Enyeama has taken on my personality as regards this issue”. He also debunked rumors that he had called the security on Vincent Enyeama.

The coach highlighted that there had been a minor row between him and the player but everything had been peacefully settled with intervention from key members of the team. According to him, the next morning Vincent Enyeama had had breakfast with the team and they were about to go for training when he (Oliseh) heard about the news from the media.

Sunday Oliseh also revealed how he had traveled to Lille to visit the then captain and share his plans just after he was made coach of the Super Eagles. His decision to pick Ahmed Musa as captain was because Vincent Enyeama had voiced his desire to retire soon from football soon.“I took him to lunch and shared my coaching philosophy with him. He was talking about retirement from the national team), which I didn’t like.”

On the loss to DR Congo, the coach cited that there are many positives to pick from the game. He hoped the absences due to non-issuance of travelling visas to some players would be solved before the next game. The Super Eagles lost 0-2 to Dr Congo in a game played in Belgium on Thursday and will play their next game against Cameroon on Sunday, October 11th, 2015 by 8pm.

For More News Please visit our website www.watchdognews.net

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea And Top 4 Finish / Robin Van Persie Own Goal At The Euro Qualifiers / Is Nigeria Still Using Overage Players In Youth Football?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.