Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Rukky Sanda: Nigerian Men Are Romantic In Their Own Ways - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rukky Sanda: Nigerian Men Are Romantic In Their Own Ways (703 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Shares Throwback With Rukky Sanda, Mocks Their Makeup / Rukky Sanda And Ebube Nwagbo Catching Fun By The Pool Side(pic) / Rukky Sanda Vs Ebube Nwagbo:Who Rocks The Denim Outfit Better?(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rukky Sanda: Nigerian Men Are Romantic In Their Own Ways by Erave: 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
Born Rukayat Akinsanya in Ikorodu- Lagos, Rukky Sanda is an actress, scriptwriter and producer. She is often referred to as one of the controversial actors since she debuted in Nollywood in 2004.

With 17 movies in her production kitty, she remains one of the several Nollywood acts who have etched their name in the history books of the Nigerian Entertainment scene.

In this interview with ERAVE, Rukky Sanda bears her mind on her newly released movie- Dark, her plans to produce her first Yoruba movie, her kind of man and other pertinent issues.

What inspired the title of your new movie, Dark?

I was actually at home writing the script when I got the insight to use the name Dark. It was just natural with nothing else attached to it. The movie featured top stars such as Adunni Ade, Van Vicker, Monalisa Chinda and more.

What informed the choice of your cast and how easy was it to get them on set?

Well, while I was gathering thoughts for the concept of the movie, I thought of Van Vickerand informed him about it, and then we got started from there. As for Monalisa, she came in along the way. Every other person was brought in as the casting continued. Adunni particularly, brought her son in when we needed a teenager for a certain role; and we actually audition about fifty children. Adunni actually did a great job and also had a wonderful performance all through. Working with some of the kids was quite challenging but we eventually surmounted every difficulty.

In times past, your movies have addressed relationship issues. Is the attempt a deliberate one?

I love writing about relationships but I really don’t know why. Dark is entirely different because it’s a thriller dotted with so much of things expected in a thrilling movie.

You have virtually produced English speaking movies since your production debut; do you have plans to shoot a Yoruba speaking movie some day?

(Laughs) I have that in mind because I am an executive producer but I really need to be sure I’m going to get my money back. I don’t understand how their market works and I have actually spoken to the platform I sell my movies to so as to know how much they buy Yoruba movies plus some other information. So if I get the proper network, I will do it. I actually have a script I’m supposed to do with Ramsey Nouah. However, it’s not a full Yoruba film, but it’s a Yoruba setting. I really don’t know how I’m going to do the full one yet. Although, I speak Yoruba but it’s not all the time. Yoruba films are amazing, so I’m going to do it when the time comes.

Considering the fact that you mentioned not speaking Yoruba often, how fluent is your Yoruba?

Very fluent. Remember I’m a Lagos girl.

You have produced 17 movies since you made your debut. What informed your decision to venture into movie production so early in your career?

Well, basically for me, it was more of the business aspect of it at the time because I have always believed in investment. I’m a business person since my childhood days. So, when I decided to go into production, people did not give me the right information on how to go about it. They would tell you a ridiculous amount so you’ll freak out; that was the way it was for me. My first movie, obviously did not work out as expected.

Read the concluding part of the interview here. http://eraveng.com/2015/10/09/rukky-sanda-nigerian-men-are-romantic-in-their-own-ways/

Source: http://eraveng.com/

1 Share

Re: Rukky Sanda: Nigerian Men Are Romantic In Their Own Ways by INTROVERT(f): 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: Rukky Sanda: Nigerian Men Are Romantic In Their Own Ways by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
Lol , make I read
Re: Rukky Sanda: Nigerian Men Are Romantic In Their Own Ways by Iyamar(f): 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nigeria guys are really handsome! Am proud of them
Re: Rukky Sanda: Nigerian Men Are Romantic In Their Own Ways by Shebarh(f): 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
ok
Re: Rukky Sanda: Nigerian Men Are Romantic In Their Own Ways by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: Rukky Sanda: Nigerian Men Are Romantic In Their Own Ways by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
Maybe...
Re: Rukky Sanda: Nigerian Men Are Romantic In Their Own Ways by Erave: 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
Please do, you will enjoy it.
Oyind17:
Lol , make I read

(1) (Reply)

Video: Davido Debunks Claims He Is Worth $14M, Over 2 Billion Naira / Lilian Esoro Steps Out In Beaded Pants / Comedian Akpororo At Cool Fm 96.9 Abuja Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.