Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Whatever You Do, Do NOT Download THESE Windows Apps - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Whatever You Do, Do NOT Download THESE Windows Apps (523 Views)

Learn How To Build Android, Ios, Kindle And Windows Apps Within Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whatever You Do, Do NOT Download THESE Windows Apps by Entertain9jar(f): 4:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
Spam apps posing as popular applications like BBC News and WhatsApp were discovered in the App Store
SCAMMERS have infiltrated Microsoft's App Store with a slew of 58 fake apps, including fraudulent versions of BBC News and WhatsApp, a top security blog has cautioned.

Less than two months before Windows 10 rolls out on smartphones, a top security blog has discovered a number of fake apps.
The fraudulent apps are designed to look like a number of popular smartphone applications, including Facebook Messenger, CNN, BBC and WhatsApp.
Some of these fake apps simply collect data on the smartphone owner and use it display advertisements.

However a select few of the fraudulent Windows applications lead users to webpages that force smartphone owners to purchase something.
The news comes hours after Microsoft announced two new Windows 10 smartphones, the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL.
Microsoft introduced the smartphones at a New York press event alongside an updated Surface Pro 4 and the firm's first laptop, the Surface Book.
Two coders – dubbed Ngetich Walter and Cheruiyot Dennis – are responsible for some 58 different different fake apps in the Windows Phone Store.

Read more >>> http://newsnewsblog..com.ng/2015/10/whatever-you-do-do-not-download-these.html#0

(1) (Reply)

Help With My Surface Pro Windiws 10 Resetting Issue! / Cant Log On To Nairaland On My Pc / TP Link 3g Mobile WIFI For Sell Call Me Or Whatsapp Me 08064404857

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.