Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,648 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Goals And Dreams Are Genuine, Why Generalizations - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Goals And Dreams Are Genuine, Why Generalizations (590 Views)

Crippled Man "Big Dreams" Makes Shoes In Benue To Earn A Living (Photos) / Common Mistakes To Avoid If You Want To Achieve Your Goals And Dreams In Life. / This Roadside Barber Dreams Of Becoming A Marine Technology Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Goals And Dreams Are Genuine, Why Generalizations by Benemeka2015(m): 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
Goals and Dreams are genuine, why generalizations

Avoid negative generalizations.

Negative generalizations about life can really wreck your outlook.
If you for example run into an obstacle or problem then the negative thinker may generalize this as something that is just there and will continue to stay there. While the optimistic thinker views the obstacle as something temporary that can be overcome by taking action (even if that also means failing and learning a few things along the way).

If the negative thinker runs in criticism then s/he may generalize this as something personal, like the other person is out to get him/her and that s/he is somehow a bad or generally an incompetent person just because this piece of criticism.
The optimistic thinker on the other hand will keep some distance to the criticism. S/he thinks that the piece of criticism may be valid for this area of life rather than saying something about everything (if the criticism is about not being on time for meetings at work then that is the issue that needs to be corrected, it does not mean a bad performance in all areas of that job).
The optimistic thinker also keeps in mind that criticism may sometimes not be valid but will arise because the other person has had a bad day, is irritated about something else or hates some part of his or her own life.
Shape the input.

If you let pessimistic and negative thinking into your mind then it will be pretty much impossible to stay optimistic about life.
So shape the input. Take a closer look at what movies, TV, news, books and music you consume and how they affect you. Look at how the people closer to you too such as friends and family affect your thoughts. Then take action to reduce or cut out the most negative sources as best you can and replace that void in your life with more time with the positive influences. What you do early in the day often sets the context for that day. A good start leads to good day and a bad start to a bad day.

Some suggestions that will help you to set the positive context for the day:
• Spend a few minutes in the morning on thinking about what you want and your goals. This sends you off to highly motivated and focused day.
• Spend a few minutes being grateful for what you got. This sets you up for a positive mood throughout the day.
• Exercise. This will help you release inner tensions and worry and fill the space they occupied within you with new energy.
• Do the most important thing first. This is how I start my day. Today I woke up and did my usual morning ritual that ends with doing the most important thing on my to-do list. And so I started to write this article. This not only makes sure that the most important thing gets done each day. It also makes me feel good about myself and makes the rest of the to-do list feel lighter to move through.
• Get a mentor like me, who is mentored by Rev Adeyemi, Pastor Tola seedy and Pastor Kenny Folarin...you know i can mentor you too

Authored by Ben Emeka

Read more on www.bencoaches..com
Re: Goals And Dreams Are Genuine, Why Generalizations by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ok , nice

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Courses In Western Ukraine Universities. / Facts Of Life / Opportunity To Create An International Career Is Here:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.