Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

I Don't See Myself As The Best Rapper - Jesse Jagz - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Don't See Myself As The Best Rapper - Jesse Jagz (946 Views)

Rapper Jesse Jagz Fail To Deliver On His Promises [PICS] / Wizkid Has Breakfast With Rev. Jesse Jackson In Chicago / New Photos Of Rapper Jesse Jagz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't See Myself As The Best Rapper - Jesse Jagz by Emperortj93(m): 8:06am On Oct 10, 2015
Talented rapper, Jesse Jagz who is considered to be one of the finest rappers in the Nigerian music terrain, has declared recently that he does not see himself as a very good rapper. Jagz made this declaration in chat with WG, at the Chocolate City office, in Lagos. He recently walked his way back to the Chocolate City, after he dumped the record label to set up his label, Jagz Nation, about three years ago. Responding to a question concerning his real competitors in the music industry, Jagz said, “I don’t think there is anyone to compete with, because I don’t see myself as a very good rapper. I would probably like to stay at a place with a lot of rappers and listen to them rap so as to learn from their craft.” According to him, given a chance for international collabo, he would like to work with the likes of Angelie Kijo. He added that “I have gone through the profile of American artistes and I do not think any of them have something to offer to me.” Jagz was speaking against the back drop of his recent return to his former label, Chocolate City. He walked out of the label in 2013, to establish his Jagznation music label. Speculation that he would return to the label was put to rest, when he recently reunited with former label mates at Chocolate City. Explaining why he walked out of the label, the HEADIES 2014 rap album winner said, “I left because I recorded one of my tracks at that time and I played it for the record label. But the management of the label I guessed did not want to promote the songs for business reasons. I just decided to forge ahead and put the song out there by myself. That was why I walked out of the label.” Also, on how he feels returning to the label, the talented rapper who is MI’s younger brother said, “I feel happy returning to Chocolate City. MI has always been our president right from time and we have always worked like one big family. I am a shareholder in Chocolate City even while I was not around. So to me, the label is like a family thing. I am always going to be Jesse Jagz of Chocolate City regardless of where I will be tomorrow,”.
Re: I Don't See Myself As The Best Rapper - Jesse Jagz by verygudbadguy(m): 8:16am On Oct 10, 2015
Nice
Re: I Don't See Myself As The Best Rapper - Jesse Jagz by Emperortj93(m): 8:18am On Oct 10, 2015
Re: I Don't See Myself As The Best Rapper - Jesse Jagz by Emperortj93(m): 9:01am On Oct 10, 2015
Cc
lalasticlala
Re: I Don't See Myself As The Best Rapper - Jesse Jagz by hyfr(m): 9:16am On Oct 10, 2015
A piece of advice to jesse jagz,make hay while the sun shines. Ie; stop this your lone attitude, come out and be vibrant,do numerous collabo's with A list artistes, you are a good rapper,that everyone can attest to. Pls come out of your comfort zone and make this money. Before Airforce1,iamsynord and andy blaze will come and catch up with u

2 Likes

Re: I Don't See Myself As The Best Rapper - Jesse Jagz by pretydiva(f): 10:03am On Oct 10, 2015
Who ever told u, u are d best rapper undecided
Re: I Don't See Myself As The Best Rapper - Jesse Jagz by Emperortj93(m): 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2015
pretydiva:
Who ever told u, u are d best rapper undecided
he is the best but just being humble and stuff
Re: I Don't See Myself As The Best Rapper - Jesse Jagz by Emperortj93(m): 2:43pm On Oct 10, 2015
hyfr:
A piece of advice to jesse jagz,make hay while the sun shines. Ie; stop this your lone attitude, come out and be vibrant,do numerous collabo's with A list artistes, you are a good rapper,that everyone can attest to. Pls come out of your comfort zone and make this money. Before Airforce1,iamsynord and andy blaze will come and catch up with u
Nas was never a mainstream rapper but he got all the money he can ever wish for. Jesse jagz is not only a rapper but also a musician, producer, mixer and a whole lot of stuff.

Plus i foresee his last to classical album selling for a loooong while

chaooo

(1) (Reply)

Bad Influence, Cynthia Morgan Smokes Carrying A Year Old Child. / Nigerian Female Celebrities And Their Expensive Engagement Rings / Who Is Your Man Of The Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.