Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Why Do Android Phones Consume Lots And Lots Of Data?? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Why Do Android Phones Consume Lots And Lots Of Data?? (772 Views)

..BONANZA ! ! !..very Cheap But Very Strong And Reliable Tokunbo Android Phones / A Lots Of Mint Iphone5s In Stock At Reduced Price / Lenovo, Macbook, Hp, Dell, Iphones, Androids and Lots More... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Android Phones Consume Lots And Lots Of Data?? by donhils: 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2015
I don't know whether this is myth or fact, but I think Android as an operating system has a way of gulping and sucking up your data no matter how you try to minimize the use. Once I get a Whatsapp msg or bbm from someone and tires to reply and the person is off again, my first assumption is that this guy is using an android phone. This thing has turned most Android users to monitoring spirits when they keep on checking their data balance. Some of us that use MTN night plan has turned to night owls in a bid to use the night plan when u should be sleeping.
Is it worth all these hassles? Why can't people just jettison this Android thingy for other os (like ios,blackberry 10, Windows [LOL])or are they all guilty as well?
Re: Why Do Android Phones Consume Lots And Lots Of Data?? by bigtt76(f): 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2015
They've got several services and tasks running in the background that depends on your data for sustenance. Example of these are the very many freebies we installed that have adverts in them. To limit these however, you need to stop all background processes from accessing your data. Go to your data setting and select limit background activities but note that it will also limit your access to emails real-time.
Re: Why Do Android Phones Consume Lots And Lots Of Data?? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2015
Sorry, my data never runs out no matter how much is consumed.
Re: Why Do Android Phones Consume Lots And Lots Of Data?? by donhils: 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2015
Demigods:
Sorry, my data never runs out no matter how much is consumed.
That's cos you're not on capped data. I'm not talking about all those simple server ish.
Re: Why Do Android Phones Consume Lots And Lots Of Data?? by kazzonline: 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2015
Those who their androids consume data dont know howbto manage therr devices,u dont even need any andrid manager,just ensure you put of auto sync in your account settings and always ensure ur gps is off at all times,if i sub 2gb on android i use the whole 2gb cos i know where my data is going!!

so simple switch of aunto sync on all ur accounts and gps location and enjoy
Re: Why Do Android Phones Consume Lots And Lots Of Data?? by donhils: 9:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
kazzonline:
Those who their androids consume data dont know howbto manage therr devices,u dont even need any andrid manager,just ensure you put of auto sync in your account settings and always ensure ur gps is off at all times,if i sub 2gb on android i use the whole 2gb cos i know where my data is going!!

so simple switch of aunto sync on all ur accounts and gps location and enjoy
But you know auto sync is one of the things that make your phone a smartphone; the ability to receive your mails instantly for example. There are other platforms where you don't have to switch off all these things in order to save your data. Although, Google promised to change all that with Marshmallow.
Re: Why Do Android Phones Consume Lots And Lots Of Data?? by kazzonline: 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
donhils:

But you know auto sync is one of the things that make your phone a smartphone; the ability to receive your mails instantly for example. There are other platforms where you don't have to switch off all these things in order to save your data. Although, Google promised to change all that with Marshmallow.

The fact that autosync is off doesnt mean ny facebook feeds,bbm,whatspp and the likes arent live!! I recieve dem in real time,the phone is smart enuff to wen i switch of autosync,its knows what to sync automatically,but as for my emaiks i chk manuallyy,email dey chop mb die!!!

(1) (Reply)

Hot Sale!!!!! Huawei Mate 7 Gold Fairly Used Up For Grab Hurryy!!!!!!! / Note 4 Black For Swap With Iphone 6plus / US Used HP Probook 6460b, Fast Intel Core-i5 2.5ghz & Dedctd Graphics!! --SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.