Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Windows Softwares Will Soon Start To Run On Your Android Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Softwares Will Soon Start To Run On Your Android Phones (1743 Views)

Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos / See Why You Will Soon Cut Your SIM Again If You Are Using Infinix And Tecno / 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows Softwares Will Soon Start To Run On Your Android Phones by TechLector: 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
What if I told you that even Windows apps can be made to work fine on Android device or tab? Do you remember BlueStacks – a Windows emulator designed to enable Android applications to run on Windows PCs and Macintosh computers. And the process continues, Windows applications will soon be able to run on Android devices with the aid of codeweavers’ CrossOver and Wine.

Different software programs are designed for different operating systems, and most won't work on systems that they weren't designed for. Windows programs, for example, won't run in Linux or Android because they contain instructions that the system can't understand until they're translated by the Windows environment. Linux and Android programs, likewise, won't run under the Windows operating system because Windows is unable to interpret all of their instructions.

Wine has shown a lite version for Android which was first shown off some years back, and work has been going on since then. It is no big deal top you that you can run Android apps on Windows, and soon the reverse will be true also.

What is codeweavers’ CrossOver and Wine?

CrossOver and Wine (recursive acronym for Wine Is Not an Emulator) are free and open source compatibility layer software applications that aim to allow applications designed for Microsoft Windows to run on Unix-like operating systems (Mac or Linux OS). They also provides a software library, against which developers can compile Windows applications to help port them to Unix-like systems.

Running Windows applications on Android

However, these open source compatibility layer software applications have their limitations. They will only work on Android x86—Android systems with Intel or AMD processors, also there might be issues with Windows applications not working well with Android’s touchscreen and virtual keyboard. Typical Android systems, with ARM processors, won’t work. That’s because all the Windows binaries out there in the wild are x86 or x64 applications. The app is still in testing mode and the company plans to launch it before the end of 2015.

source: http://techlector.com/windows-softwares-will-soon-start-to-run-on-your-android-phones-thanks-to-crossover-wine/

1 Share

Re: Windows Softwares Will Soon Start To Run On Your Android Phones by Youngpo413: 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2015
It should be the other way round.
Re: Windows Softwares Will Soon Start To Run On Your Android Phones by Whizpeter(m): 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
The poster above me have said it all...

With all the Android apps at my disposal, who needs a Windows app?

For what na?
They ought to be the ones to develop an emulator, so that they can run our android apps on their Archaic Phones....

5 Likes

Re: Windows Softwares Will Soon Start To Run On Your Android Phones by TechLector: 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
Whizpeter:

For what na?
They ought to be the ones to develop an emulator, so that they can run our android apps on their Archaic Phones....

hmmnn
Re: Windows Softwares Will Soon Start To Run On Your Android Phones by Elxandre(m): 10:08pm On Oct 10, 2015
Whizpeter:

For what na?
When you learn to read carefully, you'll understand.
They said windows X86, which means they are actually referring to PC programs!
and when did WP become archaic? na wa oo.
Re: Windows Softwares Will Soon Start To Run On Your Android Phones by AjaySharmafrk11: 6:25am On Nov 13, 2015
Thanks For This Dude It Works smiley

http://hotstarappfreedownload.co.in/
Re: Windows Softwares Will Soon Start To Run On Your Android Phones by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
Elxandre:

When you learn to read carefully, you'll understand.
They said windows X86, which means they are actually referring to PC programs!
and when did WP become archaic? na wa oo.

Dont mind these kind of people....pc is very much more advanced than android.
Re: Windows Softwares Will Soon Start To Run On Your Android Phones by sunilbee: 5:06am On Nov 23, 2017
As December 25th approaches, we've found ourselves saying "Merry Christmas" to everyone from our grocery store cashier
to our family members. But have you ever stopped to wonder where the phrase "Merry Christmas" comes from? In a world
where it's normal to say "Happy Easter" and "Happy Birthday," the "merry" in "Merry Christmas" is unique.
Furthermore, happy, which came from the word "hap," meaning luck or chance implies good-fortune. Meanwhile, "merry"
implies a more active showing of happiness—which you might think of as merry-making.

New Year 2018 Images
Christmas Images
Happy New Year Wishes
Re: Windows Softwares Will Soon Start To Run On Your Android Phones by harshale7: 12:39pm On Nov 23, 2017
Jio has launched a mobile named as JioPhone on 21st July. Now to buy this mobile, you do not have to pay Rs 500. The
Jio Mobile will be available for Free as announced by Mukesh Ambani. But you will have to deposit a refundable
security amount of Rs 1500 for Pre-booking. Full security will be refunded after 3 years. JIO Free phone will get Free
Voice Calling (lifetime Free Unlimited Calls).

jio phone booking
jio phone tracking
jio phone 4g
Re: Windows Softwares Will Soon Start To Run On Your Android Phones by MarkWayne89: 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
Who needs Windows? You can find an alternative to any Windows software today. From Office alternative to even Windows OS.
Re: Windows Softwares Will Soon Start To Run On Your Android Phones by maheshw: 6:25am On Nov 24, 2017
I must say that there is no alternative for paying attention in class, writing down notes, studying at home, and doing
a lot of independent practice using pencil and paper. However, there are times when a teacher or tutor is not
available to help you solve a math problem. This can be frustrating at times. Well, don’t worry. Mathway can be that
extra “eye” to help double check your work. Mathway’s math solver is an excellent tool to check your work for free.
Just type in the math problem using its prescribed syntax and it will give you the correct answer.

mathway calculator
mathway calculus
mathway graph
Re: Windows Softwares Will Soon Start To Run On Your Android Phones by busybrain123(m): 12:34pm On Apr 04, 2018
I'm satisfied with my Android apps. Window ko door ni.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Windows Softwares Will Soon Start To Run On Your Android Phones by Newsprex(m): 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Help Me Out On My Infinix Hot Note X551 / Simple Server For Pc (april 2016) / How To Get Free Internet On Any Router Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.