Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,190 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Are You Obligated To Avenge The Killing Of A Loved One? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Are You Obligated To Avenge The Killing Of A Loved One? (1385 Views)

Policemen Avenge Death Of Officer Who Was Killed By Gunmen In Aba. Photo / I Killed To Avenge Friend’s Death - Eiye Hitman / I Killed Our Rival To Avenge My Brother’s Death — Cultist (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Obligated To Avenge The Killing Of A Loved One? by AAinEqGuinea: 2:23am On Oct 11, 2015
Maybe the avenger could be karma the world needs and that their slain loved one expects... like any other "lawful" form of death penalty
Re: Are You Obligated To Avenge The Killing Of A Loved One? by Nobody: 2:30am On Oct 11, 2015
cheesy
Re: Are You Obligated To Avenge The Killing Of A Loved One? by AAinEqGuinea: 2:35am On Oct 11, 2015
Freemanan:
cheesy

I take this to mean "of course and Yes this needs to be FP, lalasticlala"

wink
Re: Are You Obligated To Avenge The Killing Of A Loved One? by AAinEqGuinea: 2:38am On Oct 11, 2015
If, in many places, self-defense is socially acceptable and lawful, even if protecting someone else.. who says the deadly act cant be reactive while remaining also acceptable?
Re: Are You Obligated To Avenge The Killing Of A Loved One? by pinkycute(f): 3:05am On Oct 11, 2015
Yeah.... embarassed
Re: Are You Obligated To Avenge The Killing Of A Loved One? by AAinEqGuinea: 3:10am On Oct 11, 2015
pinkycute:
Yeah.... embarassed

...while many still proclaim "that an eye for an eye makes the world blind".. until it happens to them
Re: Are You Obligated To Avenge The Killing Of A Loved One? by theDEVILisHERE: 8:49am On Oct 19, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
Maybe the avenger could be karma the world needs and that their slain loved one expects... like any other "lawful" form of death penalty

Yes
But
Only if your so called loved one is innocent of any wrong doing that might result in his/her killing
And also
If the laws of the society and the society at large doesnot offer and carryout the required justice to compensate for the killing of your so called loved one

One has to also note that
You have to find a way to carryout your vengance without the law catchingup with you

1 Like

Re: Are You Obligated To Avenge The Killing Of A Loved One? by AAinEqGuinea: 9:10am On Oct 19, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:

Yes
But
Only if your so called loved one is innocent of any wrong doing that might result in his/her killing
And also
If the laws of the society and the society at large doesnot offer and carryout the required justice to compensate for the killing of your so called loved one

One has to also note that
You have to find a way to carryout your vengance without the law catchingup with you

Thanks Satan. cool

So many dilemmas, not enough answers.

It is as if the loss of a loved one hinges on the credibility of the government's penal system which never knew the true meaning of the victim. If a person killed someone, it makes sense that they spend life in prison which is not always the case in the western world I live in. So once the offender serves their time in person, what happens if you later see that person in public and you kill them for what they've done in the past, not being satisfied with your government's attempt at penitence. karma and the spirit of your loved one demands eye-for-an-eye justice? Anything less may be considered cowardice.
Re: Are You Obligated To Avenge The Killing Of A Loved One? by theDEVILisHERE: 9:41am On Oct 19, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Thanks Satan. cool

So many dilemmas, not enough answers.

It is as if the loss of a loved one hinges on the credibility of the government's penal system which never knew the true meaning of the victim. If a person killed someone, it makes sense that they spend life in prison which is not always the case in the western world I live in. So once the offender serves their time in person, what happens if you later see that person in public and you kill them for what they've done in the past, not being satisfied with your government's attempt at penitence. karma and the spirit of your loved one demands eye-for-an-eye justice? Anything less may be considered cowardice.

Like I said
If you are not satisfied with the justice served by the law you can take your own revenge if you feel it will make things even
Fact is
The universal structure has already put things in place for things to always even out
This will be done artificially (you or any other person revenging) or naturally (karma)

As for your revenge
Always remember the saying
"There are many ways to kill a cat"

1 Like

Re: Are You Obligated To Avenge The Killing Of A Loved One? by CharlyNick: 9:52am On Oct 19, 2015
Not a good thing to do
Re: Are You Obligated To Avenge The Killing Of A Loved One? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:37pm On Nov 03, 2015
how do you prove to us beyond any doubt that the death of your loved one was not already karma taking his toll ?
Re: Are You Obligated To Avenge The Killing Of A Loved One? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:38pm On Nov 03, 2015
that's if there is such thing as karma ...
Re: Are You Obligated To Avenge The Killing Of A Loved One? by ValerianSteel(m): 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
I believe you sow a seed for every acts you carry out on earth.Be it good or bad,one day it would come back to meet you either for good or bad.

One thing I learnt while growing up was revenge is not always the answer but it can be if properly planned and executed.

If the death of the loved one was unwarranted and unjustified,surely our human nature would want to see someone pay for that,but we should strive to prove to such a killer and the world at large that you have a million reasons that makes you a better human than him/her.That is let your every acts,intentions speak for you,that you have a pure heart that didn't pay evil with evil but instead with good.

It may not be the best solution but it can be effective,the process of plotting a revenge gives you a heavy psychological strain.Though you man never forget what happened for life,but the pain you have inside keeps reducing till a point it vanishes and you eventually move on in life no matter how long it takes.

(1) (Reply)

Ss3 Student Shot Dead In Hostel / New Born Baby Thrown Into Deep Pit Toilet Miraculously Survives / Kano: Yoruba Leader’s Killer To Die By Hanging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.