Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Flash Story : Mind Of A Stoner (episode 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Flash Story : Mind Of A Stoner (episode 1) (796 Views)

Bloody Love (a Flash Story) / Death Race: A Flash Story Written By Ajibola Salami. / The World Stood Still-flash Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Flash Story : Mind Of A Stoner (episode 1) by spacefreak: 11:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
The environment was serene. Room covered in smoke but it felt alright. The stench was of sweet freedom. Freedom only daydreamed about by ”fools”. The TV flickered in the corner. We were aware ofthe images but none of that mattered. The phone on the table was churning out tunes that we can’t hear. We listened only to our inner being. We glazed around openly in search of the truth. Truth that lies deeply buried away. Truth that we have all forgotten. But we are happy. In the midst of it all, we are happy.

It was just another Wednesday evening. You know, with the boys. I sat on the cotton woven cushion, my mind in transit. Thoughts in multiples into the future. Good thoughts. Bad thoughts. Weird thoughts. Sex thoughts. It was really all over the place. My eyes were on fire. My eyelids like a burden. Her face quickly splashed on my mind like a sudden wave on a surfer. My lips parted with a smile. A smile I didn’t even know was coming. But I have felt this way for about a dozen women whom hated me in the end. I was amazed at how much the room was covered in smoke, my mind wandered on. I didn’t want to hurt her. My soul feels empty but it was fine. It is always fine. I shut my eyes.

“Baba calm down so, if you no carry come you no go carry go” a voice said.

My eyelids slowly parted. My eyes opened on Mr. C with a handful. Rolling and turning. Mr. M stared on. His mind far gone into important thoughts. I was fixated on Mr. C’s hands. I could see white and a sort of green with greyish look. So, it was alright. The paranoia fought with my being. The freedom we inhaled was illegal around the world. But we didn’t give a care in the world. My mind wandered that we could get in so much trouble but that’s the mind of a coward. I was raised no coward. Sort of.

The laptop screen went live with images. I realized Mr. M opted in for some music videos. I still couldn’t hear squat. I just looked on. With so much promise. Mr. C’s hand fiddled on. My mind steady playing tricks on me. Blood pressure calm but it raged on. Almost suddenly, every sound went dead and all we heard was

*KNOCK. KNOCK*.

source : http://www.yeyepikin.com/2015/10/flash-story-mind-of-a-stoner-episode-1/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

7 Ways To Stay Motivated When Things Don’t Go As Planned / Proofreading &editing Services / Happily Ever After 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.