Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,040 members, 7,953,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:13 AM

Oliseh Under Fire Oliseh Under Attack Over Enyeama - Thenews.ng - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Under Fire Oliseh Under Attack Over Enyeama - Thenews.ng (561 Views)

BREAKING: Sunday Oliseh Rushed To Belgium For Medical Treatment - Thenews.ng / 'Oliseh Shuts Enyeama Up, Kicks Him Out Of Camp Today' - Muyiwa Lawal / My Mother Told Me 'eagles Job Na Fire'- Oliseh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oliseh Under Fire Oliseh Under Attack Over Enyeama - Thenews.ng by nairalandfreak(m): 9:09am On Oct 12, 2015
Fashanu, Kwande Slam Oliseh Over Enyeama Confrontation

Former English football star John Fashanu has reacted to the recent dispute between Coach Sunday Oliseh and and former Super Eagles skipper Vincent Enyeama that saw the latter throw in the towel.

In a chat with Daily Sun, Fashanu slammed Coach Oliseh for instigating Enyeama’s retirement.

He said: “I don’t want to sound like taking sides, but it is just improper for a greenhorn coach to sack a sea­soned captain of a team on flimsy excuse of report­ing late to camp or having disagreement with him.

“I can’t understand the reason a coach who just resumed would sack the captain of his squad that way because a coach that wants to succeed should not be the one destabilizing his own team, and it is just unthinkable that you would sack a key player a day before a crucial match. That didn’t sound mature enough.

“In my playing career, I knew of players that never spoke to each other in training and in the match. Sometimes, for six months they don’t stop to say hi to each other, but immediately they cross the line into the pitch, they drop all those and blend as a team.

“It also happens between a coach and some play­ers, but so far as the player is what you need to win your matches, you cope with him, not as a friend, but professionally as one that makes your work suc­ceed.

“For instance Enyeama wanted to opt out of the team in retirement like Oliseh said, the best way to handle his case and take the captainship from his is not the degrading approach. If Enyeama is treated that way as a senior player, then Oliseh is sending wrong signals to the younger ones that look up to Enyeama.

“Even if Enyeama should be dropped as the cap­tain, with the years he has served the nation, Oliseh would have demonstrated leadership to ask him, for the sake of breeding a cohesive squad, to come to the teammates and name his successor even after he and Oliseh must have on their own agreed to that. To strip him of the badge and give it to an­other was disrespectful and a way of telling him he doesn’t matter or that leadership in the team is not respected.”

Reacting in the same vein, Chairman Media Sub-commit­tee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Hon Suleiman Yahaya Kwande, declared that Super Eagles first choice keeper and captain, Vincent En­yeama, deserves to be treated with respect by the team’s new gaffer, Sunday Oliseh.

Kwande said: “I am worried just like ev­ery other patriotic Nigerian over what is happening in the Super Eagles but the good thing is that we are trying to see how we can tackle it. It will be as soon as possible God’s willing.

“The way forward is that the president and his two vices are in Belgium to see how they can tackle the situation. If you ask me, I would say that Vincent deserves better treatment. I don’t have full details of what transpired in Belgium between him and Oliseh, I have read some sketches of what hap­pened but we should not forget Vincent is a player who has served Nigeria very and by my own con­sideration, he deserves better treatment than this.”

Enyeama retired from the international football after the shot-stopper fell out with Coach Sunday Oliseh in the team’s camp in Belgium.

The drama in Belgium allegedly started after Oliseh told Enyeama to leave the camp for questioning his choice of Ahmed Musa as captain.

Enyeama however denied the allegation saying his confrontation with gafferSunday Oliseh arose after his dead mother was insulted.

SOURCE: http://www.thenews.ng/2015/10/12/oliseh-under-fire-oliseh-under-attack-over-enyeama/

cc: lalasticlala ishilove
Re: Oliseh Under Fire Oliseh Under Attack Over Enyeama - Thenews.ng by MisterMattew: 9:11am On Oct 12, 2015
what na
Re: Oliseh Under Fire Oliseh Under Attack Over Enyeama - Thenews.ng by dulux07(m): 9:34am On Oct 12, 2015
Most of dis african players display extremely rude xracters wen it comes to national futbal, oliseh might jst b tryin to discipline d team, n sendin a msg to others, no one is indispensable..

oliseh is d coach, liv him alone n let him do his job, the coach decides whoever will remain n play in d team, its in naija er, dat nff n d people wants 2 decide. Lets liv him alone to carryout his changes n giv him time. If he suceeds, kudos. N if he does not, he gets sacked.
Re: Oliseh Under Fire Oliseh Under Attack Over Enyeama - Thenews.ng by confun: 9:42am On Oct 12, 2015
E don do abeg....
Re: Oliseh Under Fire Oliseh Under Attack Over Enyeama - Thenews.ng by Kog45(m): 3:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
dulux07:
Most of dis african players display extremely rude xracters wen it comes to national futbal, oliseh might jst b tryin to discipline d team, n sendin a msg to others, no one is indispensable..
oliseh is d coach, liv him alone n let him do his job, the coach decides whoever will remain n play in d team, its in naija er, dat nff n d people wants 2 decide. Lets liv him alone to carryout his changes n giv him time. If he suceeds, kudos. N if he does not, he gets sacked.
Nobody is disturbing Olishe to carry out his responsibility as a coach but he should handle everything with maturity.Olishe has his plan and the plan is to do away with keshi boys which will give birth to his boys but this is national team not Olishe team,so he should handle the team with care bcs we want him to be successful.I knew Olishe will be regretting giving captain band to Musa seeing Mikel performance against Congo and Cameron bcs it is very glaring that Mikel took control of the playing and talking on the field.Olishe should just be patient bcs he still need some keshi boys in the team.Enyeama should have follow Mikel path by staying in the camp and prove Olishe wrong bcs appointing Musa as a captain was a slap also on Mikel,but the guy prove Olishe wrong by even rejecting the band from Musa.This is to tell the coach that am not after captain band but to play for Nigeria and with his performance against Congo and Cameroon,i believe Olishe w have a rethink about Mikel even some people might have told him to do away with him.Olishe stripping of Enyeama captain band was a script giving to Olishe to do if he want to be successfull as Eagles coach.
Re: Oliseh Under Fire Oliseh Under Attack Over Enyeama - Thenews.ng by gbeseun(m): 5:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
Woman wrapper john fashanu should juct close his gutter month and go back to Ur grandma wife,u set dey put mouth.

(1) (Reply)

Watch Monster Energy Cup 2015 Live Stream Free / Breaking News!!! / 2015 Gtbank Super Cup: The Battle Of The Titans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.