Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,252 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Gender Discrimination - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gender Discrimination (450 Views)

Gender Discrimination: Its Effects And Prospects / Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase / Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gender Discrimination by Anamachi3(m): 10:54am On Oct 12, 2015
When ever I think about this,it baffles me how women are treated in our society. If a woman gives birth to children and eventually the children becomes well-to-do and responsible in the society, Her husband takes the glory and the husband will refer the children as my child. But when the child becomes rebellious ,the child now belongs to the woman. The husband will always say in a derogatory word-Woman see your children and how they behave. That is how my aunt who is nw late and the children,though some did misbehaved, Her husband till today shift d blame to my aunt and will often when asked about his children will respond- These are stubborn kids from that woman(My late aunt) it pains me to hear that. I often ask my self this- so when a child misbehaves and is not responsible, why should the woman take the blame?

cc;lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Gender Discrimination by donTbone(m): 10:55am On Oct 12, 2015
lipsrsealed
Simply because they spend most of thee time together.
In my own opinion...such shouldn't happen but that's the norm
in this part of the world.

But from another angle... Why is it that, if those children later became responsible
in life, their mother tends to be the one to be cared for more even if their mother
isn't as supportive as their father.
Re: Gender Discrimination by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 12, 2015
It is so pathetic.
Re: Gender Discrimination by ernesty20(m): 11:07am On Oct 12, 2015
Anamachi3:
When ever I think about this,it baffles me how women are treated in our society. If a woman gives birth to children and eventually the children becomes well-to-do and responsible in the society, Her husband takes the glory and the husband will refer the children as my child. But when the child becomes rebellious ,the child now belongs to the woman. The husband will always say in a derogatory word-Woman see your children and how they behave. That is how my aunt who is nw late and the children,though some did misbehaved, Her husband till today shift d blame to my aunt and will often when asked about his children will respond- These are stubborn kids from that woman(My late aunt) it pains me to hear that. I often ask my self this- so when a child misbehaves and is not responsible, why should the woman take the blame?

cc;lalasticlala
e no concern me. Till i marry, i will know whatsup
Re: Gender Discrimination by An2elect2(f): 8:46am On Oct 13, 2015
I only saw this type of 'blame shift' discrimination against married women in home movies until i grew up. In this part of the world, women are blamed for many things.

Why cant that old man be responsible for your misfortune it must be the old woman sad
Re: Gender Discrimination by Haywhymido(m): 9:31am On Oct 13, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Eating Fruits The Right Way. / Please Lets Help Her_joy Adaoma / Merry Christmas To You All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.