Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Improvements That Oliseh Needs To Make In The Super Eagles. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Improvements That Oliseh Needs To Make In The Super Eagles. (2797 Views)

Different Types Of Nigerians Reactions After The Super Eagles Lost - Meme / The Super Eagles Will Receive $24m If They Win The World Cup - Pinnick / Reddit Users React To The Super Eagles World Cup Kits By Nike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Improvements That Oliseh Needs To Make In The Super Eagles. by forgiveness: 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
Icon4s:

Bros, Leon Balogun naturally plays right back though his club occassionally features him in other positions due to his versatility. 2 yrs back he was rated as d 5th best right back at d Bundesliga.

I know those guys u mentioned. Adejo and Arokoyo are ex-Flying Eagles players. They are still U23, so let them go and fight for positions in d Siasia's team. The least thing we need now is to throw in too many young players into dat defence at once. We need a consistent back four dat will play so many matched together and understand each other jst like in d 94 Class.

As you just said 'two years ago' but i have been following Leon since 2010. Then, i knew him as a center devensive player. i was suprised he could play on the right back wing.

Do you know Adejo's age? he is 26 years.

Arokoyo is older than Omerue with some few months and he has equally been playing regularly in European league for the pass 5 years. So, i don't know what you mean by under 23 when he his mates and junior(Ndidi) are given opportunity to play in the National league.

So, i think they should be egually given a chance too.
]
Re: Improvements That Oliseh Needs To Make In The Super Eagles. by lexyman(m): 9:29pm On Oct 13, 2015
Oliseh should bring in Isaach success to replace Emenike , Keep igbonu , see if he can be better , try Sone Aluko , if he can fit in also , Babatunde Michael .For defense line ,let of all of them play in their natural position ..... But Omeruo and oboabona pairing seems to be the best so far , Madu should bench Echejile , plays from the left back and Balogun plays from d rb position ,EKong and Ambrose can stay on d bench .
Re: Improvements That Oliseh Needs To Make In The Super Eagles. by zoboizee: 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
I agree with u. I also think Ndidi is a better defensive player than obiora nwankwo and onazi. Onazi misplace pass a lot(poor distribution). And deliberate on the ball a bit too. mikel should play that role and iheanacho/Ajagun should be tried in mikel's role. Players like musa mohammed,isaac success,iheanacho,& ajagun should be given a chance too because they are well groomed in the possession football and close marking pattern the coach is using. Since most of our players hardly shoot from distance.
Re: Improvements That Oliseh Needs To Make In The Super Eagles. by rapmike(m): 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
lexyman:
Oliseh should bring in Isaach success to replace Emenike , Keep igbonu , see if he can be better , try Sone Aluko , if he can fit in also , Babatunde Michael .For defense line ,let of all of them play in their natural position ..... But Omeruo and oboabona pairing seems to be the best so far , Madu should bench Echejile , plays from the left back and Balogun plays from d rb position ,EKong and Ambrose can stay on d bench .

What about Balogun?

I feel that Sone is injured, if not I don't see why Oliseh won't call him up to give him a chance.
Re: Improvements That Oliseh Needs To Make In The Super Eagles. by forgiveness: 11:07pm On Oct 13, 2015
rapmike:

I doubt that the current coach has the time to be bringing all these changes, besides he risks upsetting any balance that is been formed by the current set of SE players. I would advise that he works to get the most he can from the current squad, then replace anyone that is not competent enough.

But I support your other point on conversion. Oliseh should not be converting any player to another position when he has not gotten the best of the current position especially at the defence.

The coach said he is building a new team and if that is the case i don't see any reason to not inviting these players.

Moreover, The team is yet to find or form any balance as we saw in the previous matches, and i think these players are well experience enough to easily fit into the team just like Balogun was able to fit into the center defensive position. So, Daniel Adejo, Gbenga Arokoyo and even Odubajo should be given chances into the team, as well Ndidi and Abdullah.

I don't think shehu and Ndidi are experience enought to play as a right back and defensive mildfield respectively.

On the left back wing, Orelesi should also be tried. he plays in a better league than Madu.

Taye taiwo should be recalled to come and show us what he still got.

v
Re: Improvements That Oliseh Needs To Make In The Super Eagles. by rapmike(m): 6:52am On Oct 14, 2015
forgiveness:

The coach said he is building a new team and if that is the case i don't see any reason to not inviting these players.

Moreover, The team is yet to find or form any balance as we saw in the previous matches, and i think these players are well experience enough to easily fit into the team just like Balogun was able to fit into the center defensive position. So, Daniel Adejo, Gbenga Arokoyo and even Odubajo should be given chances into the team, as well Ndidi and Abdullah.

I don't think shehu and Ndidi are experience enought to play as a right back and defensive mildfield respectively.

On the left back wing, Orelesi should also be tried. he plays in a better league than Madu.

Taye taiwo should be recalled to come and show us what he still got.

v

If he says that he is building a new team, then we should focus towards the world cup not the next Nations Cup

Don't be surprised that a lot of the names you mentioned there may not perform in SE colors. However since he is rebuilding, the very least is to give them a try.

I believe Ndidi and Shehu should be given some chance (probably against Swaziland) to prove themselves and gain experience along the way.

Why call Taiye Taiwo? We don't need him, we can find younger, better players than him.
Re: Improvements That Oliseh Needs To Make In The Super Eagles. by forgiveness: 8:45am On Oct 14, 2015
rapmike:

If he says that he is building a new team, then we should focus towards the world cup not the next Nations Cup

Don't be surprised that a lot of the names you mentioned there may not perform in SE colors. However since he is rebuilding, the very least is to give them a try.

I believe Ndidi and Shehu should be given some chance (probably against Swaziland) to prove themselves and gain experience along the way.

Why call Taiye Taiwo? We don't need him, we can find younger, better players than him.

How do we know they might not perform in Se colour if they are not fairly given a chance to prove themselves? Until then, we can't say they will perform or not.

@ bold should be the determinate factor to access a player and not on mere assumptions.

Oliseh said SE is not a place for players to come and gain experience but to come and add their experience. So on that bases will player be invited to the national team. But i am surprised, he does otherwise.

How old is taye taiwo? don't forget he is mikels set. Besides, does age determine the current form of a player?

The questiion should be, is he form? can he offer better than these under performing inexperience players.

]
Re: Improvements That Oliseh Needs To Make In The Super Eagles. by rapmike(m): 11:26am On Oct 14, 2015
forgiveness:

How do we know they might not perform in Se colour if they are not fairly given a chance to prove themselves? Until then, we can't say they will perform or not.

@ bold should be the determinate factor to access a player and not on mere assumptions.

Oliseh said SE is not a place for players to come and gain experience but to come and add their experience. So on that bases will player be invited to the national team. But i am supressed, he does otherwise.

How old is taye taiwo? don't forget he is mikels set. Besides, does age determine the current form of a player?

The questiion should be, is he form? can he offer better than these under performing inexperience players.

]

If he is rebuilding the team with experienced players, then I will ask this: how long will that team last? Because you can't rebuild a team in six months. A year may not even be enough, so am surprised this experience talk is existing. Are we building a team that will last three years max or a dominating team that will last for five, six years? Let me stop that argument here.

As for Taiye Taiwo, I don't buy the reasoning of bringing him back. We have seen the best of Taiye Taiwo in the past, he is now a shadow of himself, remember that Echejile was his successor, so I don't see him coming back as a step forward. Wonder why Oshaniwa has been ignored.
Re: Improvements That Oliseh Needs To Make In The Super Eagles. by forgiveness: 8:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
rapmike:

If he is rebuilding the team with experienced players, then I will ask this: how long will that team last? Because you can't rebuild a team in six months. A year may not even be enough, so am surprised this experience talk is existing. Are we building a team that will last three years max or a dominating team that will last for five, six years? Let me stop that argument here.

As for Taiye Taiwo, I don't buy the reasoning of bringing him back. We have seen the best of Taiye Taiwo in the past, he is now a shadow of himself, remember that Echejile was his successor, so I don't see him coming back as a step forward. Wonder why Oshaniwa has been ignored.

If we are building a team that will last for 2 world cup, then those boys( Odubajo, Arokoyo and Adejo) should be brought into the team. because they`ve got experience, talent and age on their side than Ndidi and Shehu.

It only in Nigeria we place age over current form. If taye taiwo is better and in current than what`s on ground, then i think he deserves to be given a chance.

Re: Improvements That Oliseh Needs To Make In The Super Eagles. by walz23: 9:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
Best channel for free fixed C00465382...join now and enjoy winning(24/7 fixed bets)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Join The First Ever Football Academy That Offers Vocational Education.. / 10 Footballers Who Smoke In Real Life; Number 6 Will Shock You / The Samson Siasia Football Academy Admission 2012.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.