Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Is It A Police Force Responsibility To Arrest Driver With Expired Driving Licens - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It A Police Force Responsibility To Arrest Driver With Expired Driving Licens (1486 Views)

Nigerian Air Force Officer Killed In Ghastly Car Accident. Graphic Pics / See The Grammatical Blunder Of The Nigerian Police Force / Nigeria Police Force(npf) Ranks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Police Force Responsibility To Arrest Driver With Expired Driving Licens by Carmal90(m): 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
i was with some of my friends this afternoon, driving through ikorodu road, to cut the story short a group of policemen stopped us and asked for the driving license, my friend politely told them that his driving license has expired, but to our surprise he was told he is under arrest, if not for more than enough begging those policemen want to arrest me..
So my question is this
Is it the road safety that should arrest offender related to road issue or it is one of functions of nigeria police force
Re: Is It A Police Force Responsibility To Arrest Driver With Expired Driving Licens by chocolateme(f): 3:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
Noooo!!!
It is only their extracurricular activities.
Ndi uwe ojii
Re: Is It A Police Force Responsibility To Arrest Driver With Expired Driving Licens by deadZONE: 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
See Jamb question!!!
why u no ask the police man?
nah for Nairaland u wan come show body.
Re: Is It A Police Force Responsibility To Arrest Driver With Expired Driving Licens by Carmal90(m): 3:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
deadZONE:
See Jamb question!!!
why u no ask the police man?
nah for Nairaland u wan come show body.

Right dude, i tried asking him but his answer was yes, but my instinct is telling me otherwise and why am asking the question on nairaland is we have many lawyers, police,frsc to enlighten me and most nigerians..
Thanks for commenting
Re: Is It A Police Force Responsibility To Arrest Driver With Expired Driving Licens by deadZONE: 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2015
Carmal90:

Right dude, i tried asking him but his answer was yes, but my instinct is telling me otherwise and why am asking the question on nairaland is we have many lawyers, police,frsc to enlighten me and most nigerians..
Thanks for commenting
And yes the police can ask you for your drivers license and arrest you if you dont have any, there cant also arrest you for breaking traffic laws and over speeding... grin grin grin dont be an offender of the law...

1 Like

Re: Is It A Police Force Responsibility To Arrest Driver With Expired Driving Licens by Carmal90(m): 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
deadZONE:
And yes the police can ask you for your drivers license and arrest you if you dont have any, there cant also arrest you for breaking traffic laws and over speeding... grin grin grin dont be an offender of the law...

Thanks, but what is now the function of frsc
Re: Is It A Police Force Responsibility To Arrest Driver With Expired Driving Licens by nedu2000(m): 3:47pm On Oct 12, 2015
Yes it is their responsibility,they can even hand you over to FRSC if need be,in Lagos always make sure all your papers are in good order. The officials on the road pray every morning that you fall into their trap.
The police,FRSC,VIO will all ask you for your drivers' license,its duplication of functions but na so we see am

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fire Disaster Rocks Ultra Modern Market in Minna Niger State [photos] / . / Could The US Stop Nuclear Weapons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.