Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

See Reasons Why TECNO Mobile Might Not Be Losing To Infinix Mobile - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See Reasons Why TECNO Mobile Might Not Be Losing To Infinix Mobile (732 Views)

This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! / How To Add More Fonts To Infinix Devices / Reasons Why Tecno And Infinix Find It Difficult To Send OTA Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Reasons Why TECNO Mobile Might Not Be Losing To Infinix Mobile by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
If you are among those that think “TECNO is losing to Infinix”?.
Be sure that this post will prove you wrong. The fact is, they are not competitors rather they are owned by the same company.
Tecno, Infinix, Carlcare and Itel are owned by the same company.

[img]http://i1.wp.com/www.naijatecharena.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/wpid-wp-1443259865850.jpeg?zoom=1.5&resize=227%2C227[/img]

Below are proofs to make you believe:

July 2006. TECNO TELECOM was founded in Hong Kong.

January 2007: TECNO launched itel.

2007/2008: TECNO launched in Nigeria, selling a variety of feature phones.

2010: Launched CarlCare.

2012: TECNO acquired and launched Infinix, a descendant of the old Sagem Wireless.

Not sure when, but sometime around probably 2012, TECNO TELECOM became Transsion Holdings, with three mobile phone brands (TECNO Mobile, Infinix Mobile, and itel mobile) and a service centre, CarlCare.

Each of the mobile brands operates mostly independently of the others. Each has its own website and style of operation.
Each also has its fans and target markets.

-Infinix phones are designed in France, but made in China.

-Infinix only makes “smart” devices (ie smartphones and tablets). They actually have made several phones and one tablet.

This is because Infinix was originally meant to be a high-end brand, with TECNO holding the low- and mid-range market. But, going by recent moves, it seems they’ve exchanged places.

-Infinix’s recent major releases are the: Zero (X506), Hot (X507), Hot Note (X551), Zero 2 (X509), Hot 2 (X510).

-TECNO’s recent major devices are: Phantom Z Mini, DroiPad 8, WinPad 10, Boom J7, Camon C8, Phantom 5.

-itel has the lowest profile of the three. Their devices are entry-level, quite cheap.

You might also have seen the words Afmobi or Palmchat on their phones. Afmobi is also owned by TRANSSION (though they don’t make phones). Palmchat is their social network.

The three brands use the same CarlCare for phone manufactured with MTK chips.
If you use an Infinix phone, check the XClib app. It’s package name is: com.tecno.infinix.xclub.

In conclusion, TECNO owns Infinix but they operate separately, just like how Lenovo owns Motorola and operates separately.

There's no competition between them at all...

What's up.. did I surprise you?

Source: http://naijatechies.tk/forum2_theme_112131622.xhtml?tema=36
Re: See Reasons Why TECNO Mobile Might Not Be Losing To Infinix Mobile by hob(m): 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2015
ok
Re: See Reasons Why TECNO Mobile Might Not Be Losing To Infinix Mobile by Whizpeter(m): 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2015
I ain't surprised... I surprised you right?
Re: See Reasons Why TECNO Mobile Might Not Be Losing To Infinix Mobile by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
grin
Whizpeter:
grin
Whizpeter:
Re: See Reasons Why TECNO Mobile Might Not Be Losing To Infinix Mobile by Youngpo413: 6:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
Back then (in 2013),Tecno used to recommend infinix smartphones on their facebook page....so I believe you.

(1) (Reply)

Please, Tech Gurus In The House Help Me Out / Huawei Mobile Annual Cumulative Shipment Exceeded 100,000,000 Sets! / Threads About "How Using Cheats To Browse Is Sinful" Are A Trap.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.