Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

What Success Is, And Nigerians Definition Of It. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Success Is, And Nigerians Definition Of It. (442 Views)

Pass This Test And Your Post-utme Success Is Guaranteed!! / The Definition of Health by WHO is more Idealistic than Realistic. Discuss / Understanding What Success Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Success Is, And Nigerians Definition Of It. by JOLSOFT(m): 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
I believe success is the achievement of a goal that is set overtime. it can vary from person to person based on one's definition of it.
impacting in people's life positively is one of the greatest success one can have. the process of helping a very sick young man by a 7 month old pregnant woman till the young man has fully recovered from his sickness is a form of success that can't be bought with SILVER AND GOLD.
John F Kennedy said "To be successful in life you have to help others achieve their goals". this is comming from one of the world renowned president that made an Impact and fought for the future of American both economically, academically and In terms of gender equality. Thou he didn't make Forbes list of world richest in terms of material things but I am very sure he made the list of world successful people that their names won't and can't be forgotten.
Furthermore, going out of one's comfort zone to do what others has not done years before. that's going to lead me to a very renowned surgeon which we are all conversant with,BEN CARSON he separated the Siamese twins by setting up a good strategy that the field of medicine will never forget after its success.
in essence the whole point I am trying to make is that success doesn't have to be having a 3 seater jet, having having a luxurious car or having having a house in lekki, or snapping your material things that will soon go into extinction as being successful but making making an impact that generations yet unborn will keep on celebrating you just the same way we are celebrating Awolowo, Mandela to mention few and not celebrating some people for buying a new house or dreaming of embezzling money like our greedy African politician's.
Just my point of view..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Police Throw And Shoot Gun In Air At Osun State Student / One Word For This Man / Research Areas In Telecommunications For Master Thesis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.