Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall (18179 Views)

President Buhari Give N1million Each To Nigerian Female National Basketball Team / 5 Nigerians Drafted Into The National Basketball Association (Photos) / Nigerian Girl Is Her School Student Assistant Women's Basketball Coach In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by phransix147(m): 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hmmm!
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by sellYourCar: 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
smiley cry smiley cry
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by mavelo: 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
Praise GOD!!!
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
Bud, we gat some real ish here tongue
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by IceDude(m): 2:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
What a lucky man! shocked
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by emy1trillion: 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2015
bibs:
Ayodele Bakare is a former coach of the Nigerian national male basketball team (D'Tigers). He is the first Nigerian coach to take the team to
an African championship and also the first coach to take the men's
team to an Olympics. He shared how he survived falling into soak away on facebook:

PLEASE JOIN ME IN PRAISING GOD FOR HIS
MERCY OVER ME AND FOR THE SERIES OF
MIRACLES HE DEMONSTRATED IN SPARING MY
LIFE THIS WEEK:
- 20-ft deep soak away pit collapsed under me; I
survived!
- Completely submerged deep inside the pit and
underneath all that muck; I survived!
- Exposed to Methane, Ethanol, and all those
poisonous gasses; I survived!
- Exposed to all the dreaded bacteria and virus
that seeped into my wounds in that soak away
pit; I survived!
- Hit my head and tore open my chin aside from
several other cuts; I survived!
- Lost an astounding amount of blood because it
would not clot; I survived!
- Severe head trauma; I survived!
- BP of 250/150 on arrival at the emergency
room; I survived!
- Still under highest level observation because of
the incubation period of the bacteria I am
supposed to have contacted; but guess what? I
WILL SURVIVE! And you know why? Because ......
"And the Lord will take away from you all
sickness, and none of the evil diseases of Egypt,
which you knew, will he inflict on you, but he will
lay them on all who hate you." (Deuteronomy
7:15)
So I guess that now you know about the soak
away pit, none of you will be queuing up to drink
from the same bottle of coke with me anytime
soon abi? LOL. Its all good. God is great and life
is good. Please say a prayer thanking God for me
today.
"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his
benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals
all your diseases, who redeems your life from the
pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and
mercy," (Psalm 103:2-4)
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!

it must be so tough for him, i wonder what must be running on his mind that very moment. It is well with you.

It can only be God.

1 Like

Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by olapluto(m): 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2015
awgggg. Cant even imagine it. I always dread walking on those soakaways. Never trust the cementing.
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by ARareGem(f): 2:09pm On Oct 13, 2015
God be praised. Speedy recovery in Jesus' name.
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by ARareGem(f): 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
But I thought it's called a suck-away pit. undecided
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by IYANGBALI: 2:14pm On Oct 13, 2015
no wonder shiiiit dey smell everywhere
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
picture of him immediately he was pulled out or #idonbelieveit
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by hope4nigeria(m): 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ephemmm:
And so what?
those witchcraft afflicting you will neither sleep nor slumber amen
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by Akaraiwe(m): 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
Coach Waka, You have got God's protection over you.
#Ebuncomets
#D'tigers
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by ceeceeuwa: 3:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
Thank God for your life
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by StoneColdBiceps(m): 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
bibs:
Ayodele Bakare is a former coach of the Nigerian national male basketball team (D'Tigers). He is the first Nigerian coach to take the team to
team to an Olympics. He shared how he survived falling into soak away on facebook:

LIFE THIS WEEK:
survived!
pit; I survived!
room; I survived!
today.
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!

it must be so tough for him, i wonder what must be running on his mind that very moment. It is well with you.

Coachie, get back up go to d court and dats a command sir lol. Wishd u God's speedy recovery. We nid those drills
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by poseidon12: 3:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
Glory be to God for saving your life. That was a miracle.
I always try to avoid walking on top of a soak away pit.
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by Angelovic96: 4:11pm On Oct 13, 2015
missojugo:

Love his sense of humour.
me too it is good to give GOD Thanks . bros i really thank GOD for your life
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
Get well so soon coach.indeed he that keepeth isreal will not sleep nor slumber.
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by successinlife: 4:37pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ths is an outstanding miracle,i am short of words but i know your faith is strong,i fell awe at your believing spirit in 2012 when against all odds you achieved the unbelievable,know i know why,you have shown that you know who you put your faith in and it is working more than magic for you,i knew someone who fell inside a gutter back then in lagos,1984 to be precise,he died from the bacteria/bacterium that he gulped,how then would someone who fell into a 20ft soakaway survived,your faith has made you whole,rejoice in God almighty as i wish you soonest recovery.God bless you.
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by ikorodureporta: 4:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
Thank God-o! Coachee back then...
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by Ephemmm: 4:59pm On Oct 13, 2015
hope4nigeria:
those witchcraft afflicting you will neither sleep nor slumber amen

Wishing you and your household the same.
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by Lexusgs430: 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2015
Pesin wey follow dog, must chop shit !!!!
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
Do not stand on or walk over soak-away/septic pits! In public too (especially in Nigeria) do not stand on manholes of public drains.

Do not assume they were properly casted. They might be old and/or their integrity might have been compromised by many other factors.

Pubic Safety Awareness.
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by meccuno: 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2015
bibs:

LIFE THIS WEEK:
survived!
pit; I survived!
room; I survived!
today.
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!

one of my favourite coaches back then when we used to ball........pray for your speedy recovery......
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by ready2learn: 7:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
Thank God
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
In the 21st century Nigerians don't have an underground sewage system , yet theres millions of Private Jets and mansions running around that slum of a country.
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by vicfajeze: 10:28am On Oct 14, 2015
D man go don chop chit (excreta) tire
Re: Ayodele Bakare: Former Nigeria National Basketball Coach Survived Soakaway Fall by madgoat(m): 11:02am On Oct 14, 2015
Omg... He must be smelling of shit by now shocked. I wonder how he will get rid of the smell

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nicklas Bendtner Sentenced To 50-Day Jailterm / EndSARS: Oshoala Complains About Attempts To Hack Her Twitter Account / AFCON 2021: Cameroon Vs Ethiopia (4 - 1) -On 13th January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.