Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,286 members, 7,836,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

; Home For Thiefs And Scammers - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ; Home For Thiefs And Scammers (519 Views)

The Car Sotayo Sobola Claimed She Got As Birthday Gift Is Up For Sale In Jiji / Why My Wife Left Home For 3 Days - AY / Laura Ikeji Calls Security On Guy Who Stopped at her Home for Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

; Home For Thiefs And Scammers by eyesourcenews: 12:40pm On Oct 14, 2015
Yes. I got scammed, swindled and cheated by . I am sharing my story with the hope that I can reach a lot of people and warn them to be careful with their “hard earned money”.

Just 2 weeks ago I lost my phone in the hands of some heartless guys and I was going about my normal blogging business until I saw a pop up on google adsense on how to get an iphone 6plus for N40,000.. Ridiculous Yeah One part of me knew it was SCAM but the angelic and soft part of me decided to give it a trial.

There are a lot of dishonest people out there. We all need to be careful and analytical in all our transactions.As a lot of us are aware, JIJI is suppose to be a reliable and trusted Online Media Company which hosts free user-generated classified advertisements for urban communities around the world. In simple English, JIJI provides a platform (similar to eBay) where people can purchase and sell goods over the internet.

However, na Naija we dey and there are unscrupulous elements who are looking to rip people off in broad daylight. We need to be really careful and I feel more compelled to share this story because I am quite sure that a lot of other unsuspecting people would have fallen victim to one scam or the other on JIJI or any other internet based market platform.

So like I was saying; I summoned the courage to dial the 'BLESSINGS' number; He picked up his call and said;

Continue to read more of my experience; http://www.blacksatino.com/2015/10/jijing-home-for-thiefs-and-scammers.html

Re: ; Home For Thiefs And Scammers by CARLOSZ: 1:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
[size=18pt]Continue reading here[/size]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-vCvfmRq57fM/Vh0BiQ2Vz7I/AAAAAAAAIL8/J5UBJl8mKfA/s640/Untitled.png[/img]

So like I was saying; I summoned the courage to dial the 'BLESSINGS' number; He picked up his call and said;

Continue to read more of my experience

Hello madam, How may I help you
Me; I saw a phone on jiji.com and I would like to get one of it, Then I requested to book;
I got a message almost immediately saying;

Hello; Miss Cynthia Akinyemi, your booking ID is 58762EF, You will get a call from one of our agent with two business hour to process your booking. Thanks for shopping on .

Then I got a call immediately saying

Blessing; Did you get any message
Me; Yes
Blessing; Yes, our phones are very guaranteed and in good conditions
Me; I am in Ikeja Lagos where you said your office is, can I come and get it
Blessing; Yes you can but it has to be at the head quater which is at Badagry.
Me; But your address says Ikeja
Blessing; Yes but these new phones have just arrived and they won't be in Ikeja until next month because of clearing and other processes. But it can be delivered at your doorstep.
Me; Okay, That is not a bad idea
Blessing; But we have to be sure you are not scamming and you are for real, you have to pay N5,000 for clearing the 1 phone and for the transport fare of the driver
Me; Okay, if that is it, I will pay as soon as he arrives
Blessing; We do not send an item to customers until they atleast show interest by paying the involvement fee.
Me; I will pay for everything as soon as it comes.
Blessing; I took out my time to talk to you and I have made the booking for you so if you do not pay, it will be deducted in my salary
[Then i started feeling bad]

He immediately sent me a message;

''Dear Customer, here are your booking details,

Account No; 4449422299
Bank Name;DIAMOND BANK
Account Name; Goodnews Ventures
Thanks for your patronage

To cut the long story short, I sent the N5,000 [I know some people might think it is not too much but that was my allowance for an entire month.

Before 3 mins a guy named John Oluwasegun from '0816034127' called me to say that he has gone to the 'Goodnews' Ventures and he has confirmed the goods.

I called to say that I had sent it and then the story changed, the same guy that claimed I will get the phone is 3 hours changed his mouth and began to rant that he is about to loose his job because his 'So Called MD' queried him for not collecting the entire N40,000.

The MD called me almost immediately after with the number '08144619656 saying that they have a new policy and it says full payment must be made. I was dazed and there and then I knew it was a scam,

I tried to play along with them and I called to say I was ready to drop the remaining balance but I had to pay it at their office, the guy now requested that I came to Badagry somewhere around Conoil but I changed it and said I couldn't make it, so he asked me to come to their office in Ikeja, No 20 Otigba street, Computer Village Ikeja.

To be honest , I really wasn’t expecting him to send the money back I had come to terms with the fact that I’d have to settle for my worst case scenario and forfeit my N5,000.00.

Please BEWARE, whatever you are buying, do not send the money until you see the goods. If possible, get the seller to come to you, do not go some random location.

I AM SAYING DO NOT SHOP ONLINE

Luckily for me, I was able to restrict my loss to an amount I could afford. I will hate to see someone who has not already fallen victim to fall victim.

[size=18pt]Meanwhile eyesourcenews don't you ever post here if you don't intend posting the whole gist here, you've been warned.[/size]

(1) (Reply)

MUST READ!!! What Ooni Told Me About The Yoruba Race Before He Died – Obasanjo / FNCCI Presents 2015 French Week / Wizkid Attacks Nigerian Bloggers On Twitter, Calls Them Dumb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.