Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Big Data: A Must In Our Society - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Big Data: A Must In Our Society (506 Views)

Big Data, Collaboration And The Future Of Africa’s Innovation, By Sahara Sparks’ / Nigerian Man Recognized By American Chemical Society For Scientific Review / How To Recover Data A Damaged Memory Card Without Formating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Big Data: A Must In Our Society by Hackomania(m): 11:19am On Oct 15, 2015
BIG DATA...

This might be the biggest advice I'll ever have given you. And yet, it may be the seemingly least important. Whether you're a high school leaver, or a PhD holder, I implore you to explore the field of BIG DATA... Do you know why?

Because information has now become more available than ever.
Because information available is in chaos and needs order.

If you're frustrated about looking for a job, you can explore big data.
If you have a job but seek job security, you can explore big data
If you have a secure job, but want a bigger pay, or higher recognition, explore big data

I quote US based staffing firm Robert Half that
"1. mobile applications development,
2. big data, and
3. wireless networking
are providing some of the highest-paying careers in the United States and Canada with the largest starting salary increases this year over last year." IEEE Spectrum, 2015

"...much IT investment is going towards managing and maintaining big data" Network computing, 2012

Now you may need seriously insane skills to surpass the Linus Torvalds in apps development or the CCIEs of wireless networking, but in big data, it doesn't matter whether you're a high school leaver (commercial art or science, nobody cares) or you have Mildred Dresselhaus kind of Engineering skills or a CFA, you can do big data.

So you may ask...
So WHAT EXACTLY IS BIG DATA?
Is big data really big?
And how can I explore big data?

I'll address that in the next few posts (if I don't get carried away by something else)... Stay right here...

Or follow me on http://echo.com.ng/2015/big-data-a-must-in-our-society/

(1) (Reply)

Revisiting Mtn’s $5.2 Billion Fine / Life On Board The International Space Station. ISS / Locally Logging In To The Web Interface

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.