Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,917 members, 7,824,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Infinix Hot 2 Palava - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot 2 Palava (4259 Views)

Infinix Hot 2 And Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update / Infinix Hot 2 Vs Gionee M5 / Infinix Hot 2 - Review, Specs And Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Realtol(m): 9:46am On Oct 16, 2015
1. Please my dear fellow infinix hot 2 users, how can I set different ringtone for the two sims on my phone?
2. How can I ascribe a special ringtone for a particular number on my contact list.
3. How can I use both internal memory and external sd card at a time on my infinix hot 2?
I'm having problems on these three aspects as far as my phone is concerned. Your help, suggestions and guides are highly appreciated in advance.
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by MsRemarkable(f): 9:51am On Oct 16, 2015
Just go get yourself a BlackBerry.

Problem solved!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Realtol(m): 9:55am On Oct 16, 2015
MsRemarkable:
Just go get yourself a BlackBerry.

Problem solved!!!!
Lol! And which BB would you recommend?
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Andking: 11:36am On Oct 16, 2015
oga op must u open a thread for such an issue, kindly visit the hot 2 thread nd u will see what u are searching for
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Realtol(m): 11:45am On Oct 16, 2015
Andking:
oga op must u open a thread for such an issue, kindly visit the hot 2 thread nd u will see what u are searching for
Sorry to burst the bubble of your Jamb question, I have opened the thread but didn't get satisfactory answer. Also, the only one I got is related to issue of storage (Reset) and didn't solve the problem permanently. The issue of ringtone was never mentioned.
Thanks for taking time to comment anyway.
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by MsRemarkable(f): 11:47am On Oct 16, 2015
Realtol:

Lol! And which BB would you recommend?

Low - BlackBerry Q10
Medium - BlackBerry classic
High - BlackBerry Passport
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2015
MsRemarkable:

Low - BlackBerry Q10
As you can read, the op has problems with 'dual sim' and non of those phones offers that.

Realtol go for Lumia 520/530/535/540/550 - problem solved

Just like infinix hot
- affordable
- get updates

Unlike infinix hot
- its a big brand
- runs windows
- better value for money
- no wahala phone
- better customer support
- smooth (never lags)
- security guaranteed
- longer battery life
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2015
I was at Carl care some days back and 75% of the phones brought for software issue where infinix hot 2...

Some people don't just know how to use the phone, some say it's different from normal android cos of no gallery and file manager... Lol
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
runzlord:

As you can read, the op has problems with 'dual sim' and non of those phones offers that.

Just like infinix hot
- affordable
- get updates

Unlike infinix hot
- its a big brand
- runs windows
- better value for money
- no wahala phone
- smooth (never lags)
- security guaranteed
- longer battery life
how much is Lumia 520?
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Youngpo413: 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
runzlord:

Just like infinix hot
- affordable
- get updates

Unlike infinix hot
- its a big brand
- runs windows
- better value for money
- no wahala phone
- smooth (never lags)
- security guaranteed
- longer battery life
Apps?
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Youngpo413: 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
Emmeritus:
how much is Lumia 520?
just buy the 532,its just 20k,then thank me later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Realtol(m): 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
MsRemarkable:

Low - BlackBerry Q10
He tilts his head forward; his left arm across his hefty chest and the right arm sprawls vertically in front of him, he then spontaneously lower his head just as someone who is about to pray inside a cathedral will do... he finally opens his mouth and says " Thank you MsRemarkable for your wonderful suggestions. But if I want a new phone it's not going to be BB; BB is just an over bloated expensive shit save Passport. Thanks anyway for your time.
" still waiting for someone to profer solutions to the problems I highlighted". Then he places his phone on his desk.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by blackiridis(m): 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
download TTPOD, change ur ringtone.
what do u mean by u can't use internal and Sd card together?
SS from Hot2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Realtol(m): 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
blackiridis:
download TTPOD, change ur ringtone.
what do u mean by u can't use internal and Sd card together?
SS from Hot2
What I mean is that when SD card is mounted then the phone internal memory will go into hiding and I won't be able to access file on internal memory until I unmount do sd card. In short, I have to use one at a time.
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
Youngpo413:
Apps?

The truth is, android has more apps in total than windows, but I'm sure windows has all the apps you need.

What I mean is this

Android has an app called Tangle. And windows does not. So that is +1 to android and -1 to windows. BUT do you use Tangle? NO! The only apps you use is Whatsapp, BBM, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vine. And these app are on windows platform. Other apps like snapchat has client apps like 6chat.
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
udemzy101:
I was at Carl care some days back and 75% of the phones brought for software issue where infinix hot 2...

Some people don't just know how to use the phone, some say it's different from normal android cos of no gallery and file manager... Lol

Very funny, they heard 'Android One' and did not find out what it means first. The phone runs stock Android unedited by the manufacturer(infinix) in other for it to be more affordable and get updates directly from Google. And Android had never ever had gallery or file manager or some other functions from day 1, those stuffs where added my manufacturers
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Youngpo413: 9:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
runzlord:

The truth is, android has more apps in total than windows, but I'm sure windows has all the apps you need.

What I mean is this

Android has an app called Tangle. And windows does not. So that is +1 to android and -1 to windows. BUT do you use Tangle? NO! The only apps you use is Whatsapp, BBM, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vine. And these app are on windows platform. Other apps like snapchat has client apps like 6chat.
I know all these,infact I'm a windows fan,lumia 520,532 now using 640XL,its only that I just bought these Camon C8 recently and I sudden realized that I was missing a lot...to be sincere window still have a long way to go,maybe windows 10 will come with some improvement.
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Avero(m): 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
to change ring tones, simply download ES FILE EXPLORER Go back to the notifications place it'll ask whether to use android system or es file explorer, chose ES as always,

And I don't think you can designate ring tones for the two Sims, I tried

lastly, explain more on what you mean by using both internal and external storage together

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
Youngpo413:
I know all these,infact I'm a windows fan,lumia 520,532 now using 640XL,its only that I just bought these Camon C8 recently and I sudden realized that I was missing a lot...to be sincere window still have a long way to go,maybe windows 10 will come with some improvement.
Sure it will.

But if I may ask, what are the 'lot' you were missing
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Youngpo413: 9:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
runzlord:
Sure it will.
But if I may ask, what are the 'lot' you were missing
Apps.
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Realtol(m): 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
Avero:
to change ring tones, simply download ES FILE EXPLORER Go back to the notifications place it'll ask whether to use android system or es file explorer, chose ES as always,

And I don't think you can designate ring tones for the two Sims, I tried

lastly, explain more on what you mean by using both internal and external storage together
By internal I meant the inbuilt memory ( the so called 16G ROM ) and external I meant the MMC I slot into the memory card slot on the phone. Both are not working simultaneously I have to unmount external to be able to use internal and external MMC always becomes default whenever I slot it in. FYI, I have done the hard reset as suggested by some people yet the result is the same.
Thanks for taking time to help - I really appreciate it.
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by CharlyNick: 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
Cry ur cry o.............
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 17, 2015
Youngpo413:
Apps.
Like?
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Youngpo413: 12:31am On Oct 17, 2015
runzlord:
Like?
simple server

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by blackiridis(m): 1:59am On Oct 17, 2015
Realtol:

What I mean is that when SD card is mounted then the phone internal memory will go into hiding and I won't be able to access file on internal memory until I unmount do sd card. In short, I have to use one at a time.
u have used guest mode at some point. just goto users in settings remove guest mode then reboot ur phone u are free.
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 17, 2015
Youngpo413:
simple server
Exacly my point. You are using that app, cos you don't have enough money to data.

See there are many stuff people do on android that is not an advantage over other os, its just for them to be able to steal and hack what was not suppose to be, this is not right in the first place but many people count it as advantage?

You were not missing a lot!

Cos starting with simple sever, if you can afford data, you won't need it.
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Youngpo413: 11:48am On Oct 17, 2015
runzlord:

Exacly my point. You are using that app, cos you don't have enough money to data.

See there are many stuff people do on android that is not an advantage over other os, its just for them to be able to steal and hack what was not suppose to be, this is not right in the first place but many people count it as advantage?

You were not missing a lot!

Cos starting with simple sever, if you can afford data, you won't need it.
yeah I don't afford data,so suit yourself...no wonder there are so many windows users worldwide and many manufacturers are opting for windows instead of android,no wonder windows is open source and numerous apps to run on it,that clearly shows that window is a great Os. Infact I heard that windows users worldwide are more than android and iOs combined,even for developers to realease apps first for windows before android and ios, that ironically show how useful the Os is...to be sincere android users are missing a lot,so you win.Common opera mini is still on beta till date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2015
Youngpo413:
yeah I don't afford data,so suit yourself...no wonder there are so many windows users worldwide and many manufacturers are opting for windows instead of android,no wonder windows is open source and numerous apps to run on it,that clearly shows that window is a great Os. Infact I heard that windows users worldwide are more than android and iOs combined,even for developers to realease apps first for windows before android and ios, that ironically show how useful the Os is...to be sincere android users are missing a lot,so you win.Common opera mini is still on beta till date.

Tru all this are android advantage over windows

But does it affect the customer? I mean, when you have edge bowser, who gives a f*ck bout opera mini? Cos even iphones users use safari and most android users use chrome. So the point here is that there is a good browser!

As for apps updates and app releases, they are also so many apps that are released and get updates first on windows before other platforms.

Open source is far from being important as you think it is.

Numerous apps, cos it existed b4 windows, just like Ios has more apps than android. Plus its not a matter of how many apps the platform store has, its a matter of you find what you want! For example, type whatsapp in play store, you would see over 10 results carring 'whatsapp' in their names and all these would be counted when play store apps are counted, meanwhile its just the original whatsapp by whatsapp inc. You are looking for, which is also on wp.

Because people don't know theses facts, that is why they don't consider windows and android has far more users.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Youngpo413: 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2015
runzlord:

Tru all this are android advantage over windows

But does it affect the customer? I mean, when you have edge bowser, who gives a f*ck bout opera mini? Cos even iphones users use safari and most android users use chrome. So the point here is that there is a good browser!

As for apps updates and app releases, they are also so many apps that are released and get updates first on windows before other platforms.

Open source is far from being important as you think it is.

Numerous apps, cos it existed b4 windows, just like Ios has more apps than android. Plus its not a matter of how many apps the platform store has, its a matter of you find what you want! For example, type whatsapp in play store, you would see over 10 results carring 'whatsapp' in their names and all these would be counted when play store apps are counted, meanwhile its just the original whatsapp by whatsapp inc. You are looking for, which is also on wp.

Because people don't know theses facts, that is why they don't consider windows and android has far more users.
you are very correct,especially on cloned apps,I types SAS on playstore on mt camon and I had about a hundred results,you know as someone who just ported from windows,I was a bit confused,lol,to be sincere I'm using this android because some cheats,airtel don chop me no be small,on the 640,I changed almost all the live tile to update on wifi only but it still dey zap my mb like water,especially that MSN,and sport,I also can't lock to 3G only which is very annoying as it fluctuates every now and then,I will use the lumia the day widows 10 will be official as I don't like the technical preview...I miss cortana sha and here map which always works offline.
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Realtol(m): 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2015
blackiridis:

u have used guest mode at some point. just goto users in settings remove guest mode then reboot ur phone u are free.
Thanks a lot. BTW, do u mean reset or reboot? I really appreciate your taking time to attend to my numerous questions.
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by blackiridis(m): 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
Realtol:

Thanks a lot. BTW, do u mean reset or reboot? I really appreciate your taking time to attend to my numerous questions.
reboot (off and on)
Re: Infinix Hot 2 Palava by Avero(m): 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2015
Realtol:

By internal I meant the inbuilt memory ( the so called 16G ROM ) and external I meant the MMC I slot into the memory card slot on the phone. Both are not working simultaneously I have to unmount external to be able to use internal and external MMC always becomes default whenever I slot it in. FYI, I have done the hard reset as suggested by some people yet the result is the same.
Thanks for taking time to help - I really appreciate it.
Lol, dude gimme till tomorrow I'll get back to You on that, I don't have an external as on the phone right now, though I noticed that your talking about when I inserted an sd card, didn't think it ad a big problem to switch will now , there should Bro an option in storage, but like I said I'll get back to You tomorrow

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. / Get Your Airtel 4GB Worth Of Data For Free Now / Etisalat Unlimited For Three Hours At N15.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.