Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead (29732 Views)

Meet Oba Solomon Dele Owoniyi, The New Obaro Of Kabba / Henry Chibueze Onwughalu Is Dead (Eze Ndigbo In China Dies) / Cultists Hijack Corpse Of Ife High-Chief, Omisakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead by macof(m): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
sweetgala:

You can ascribe the blame to Sijuwade who in his years as king decided to elect many Area heads and left high chiefs to positions of locality kings.

The Obalufe and other left chiefs are the descendants of the heads who ruled ile Ife before oduduwa came and conquered Ife and became the king.

Before the 1980 ascension of Sijuwade they were left chiefs and senior diviners from the families that are assigned care of the deities , this particular orunto is very influential and is the source of the confusion about the rotation of the throne around the four royal stables.

The crowning of the king would be further delayed for sure

I would like to know more about this left chiefs. .the likes of Lowa
@ 9jacrip you told me Oloja Iranje is among them
Re: Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead by abiowoblow: 6:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
He was hale and hearty before I left ife last week because i see him almost everyday, ile-ife has lost another monarch. RIP Oba Omisakin.

1 Like

Re: Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead by Moonland100(m): 6:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
Richie0974:
...I smell dirty game.. .anyways RIP
same here
Re: Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
sweetgala:

You can ascribe the blame to Sijuwade who in his years as king decided to elect many Area heads and left high chiefs to positions of locality kings.

The Obalufe and other left chiefs are the descendants of the heads who ruled ile Ife before oduduwa came and conquered Ife and became the king.

Before the 1980 ascension of Sijuwade they were left chiefs and senior diviners from the families that are assigned care of the deities , this particular orunto is very influential and is the source of the confusion about the rotation of the throne around the four royal stables.

The crowning of the king would be further delayed for sure

Bro, how you dey?
Truly, the Ooni of yesterday set a precedence of declaring people 'Oba' or giving out chieftaincy titles to anyone who has the cash even if the chieftaincy title makes no sense. Imagine someone crowned as 'Oba Asa' king of culture cheesy.
Apart from the chiefs he elevated to king status in order to diplomatically send a message to the Ogunsuwa of Modakeke that he remains a chief despite being called 'Oba', every other posts have been for cash and carry. The money and the doors the Ooni title accrued to Sijuwade is the reason everyone and their Mama wants to be the Ooni and the politics put on display right now.

There were originally 6 out of the 13 hamlets from which the Ife right traditional chiefs (Modewa) Obalufe, Obadio etc were picked. Then about 7 other hamlets which make up the left traditional chiefs (Isooro) Oloja Iranje, Obalejugbe, Obameri, Obalase etc. Both the heads of the Modewa and Isooro are all descendants of the original Ife the Oduduwa and his band met.

Here: Ido, Ideta Oko, Iloran , Iloromu, ijugbe, Imojubi, Iraye, Iwinrin, Odun, Oke Awo, Oke-Oja, Omologun and Parakin.

Note: Some of these villages are now known by other names.

Orunto is the house where Obalufe is selected, I'm confused as regards your commenr relating Obalufe to confusion?

macof:

I would like to know more about this left chiefs. .the likes of Lowa
@ 9jacrip you told me Oloja Iranje is among them

Lowa is the head of Emese/Palace attendants of inner chamber he is not part of the Ife Osi or Ife Otun.

Yes, Oloja Iranje is part of the Isoro, the Ife left traditional chiefs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead by sweetgala(m): 8:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
9jacrip:

Bro, how you dey?
Truly, the Ooni of yesterday set a precedence of declaring people 'Oba' or giving out chieftaincy titles to anyone who has the cash even if the chieftaincy title makes no sense. Imagine someone crowned as 'Oba Asa' king of culture cheesy.
Apart from the chiefs he elevated to king status in order to diplomatically send a message to the Ogunsuwa of Modakeke that he remains a chief despite being called 'Oba', every other posts have been for cash and carry. The money and the doors the Ooni title accrued to Sijuwade is the reason everyone and their Mama wants to be the Ooni and the politics put on display right now.

There were originally 6 out of the 13 hamlets from which the Ife right traditional chiefs (Modewa) Obalufe, Obadio etc were picked. Then about 7 other hamlets which make up the left traditional chiefs (Isooro) Oloja Iranje, Obalejugbe, Obameri, Obalase etc. Both the heads of the Modewa and Isooro are all descendants of the original Ife the Oduduwa and his band met.

Here: Ido, Ideta Oko, Iloran , Iloromu, ijugbe, Imojubi, Iraye, Iwinrin, Odun, Oke Awo, Oke-Oja, Omologun and Parakin.

Orunto is the house where Obalufe is selected, I'm confused as regards your commenr relating Obalufe to confusion?

Lowa is the head of Emese/Palace attendants of inner chamber he is not part of the Ife Osi or Ife Otun.

On-point bro, you said it all; the problem now is these "Oba's" need to be restored to their original tittles but any attempt by a future King if not done in the near future would face strong opposition.

Concerning his efforts in this current selection issue, lets just say it is a matter concerning one of the royal families and a statement he made and certain actions he has taken to undermine their efforts.
Re: Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
9jacrip:

Bro, how you dey?

Bro 9jacrip,some of those you called chiefs are actually prince from ruling houses. I have heard about some of these obas (lambua-Aderemi, alagbon- Adewuyi) from Oshinkola. (lawarikan-Ademiluyi, alara- Layade) from Lafogido. There is also wanikin- Arch ojutalayo from Giesi.
If I remember clearly, Obalufe and lowa were raised from chiefs to Obas too, I dey parole eleyele well when I dey oau.
Re: Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
saxywale:

Bro 9jacrip,some of those you called chiefs are actually prince from ruling houses. I have heard about some of these obas (lambua-Aderemi, alagbon- Adewuyi) from Oshinkola. (lawarikan-Ademiluyi, alara- Layade) from Lafogido. There is also wanikin- Arch ojutalayo from Giesi.
If I remember clearly, Obalufe and lowa were raised from chiefs to Obas too, I dey parole eleyele well when I dey oau.

Bro, I do not seem to get your point quite clearly.

Are you saying some of these people Obalufe, Obajio, Obaloran, Jagunosin, Waasin, Owajesi, Obalaaye, Owakogun are Princes from Ruling houses? Do you realize they have their own houses/compounds whose maximum post is the title listed above?

Obalufe was not raised from a chief to Oba - Oba in Ile-Ife is synonymous to Chief, the slight difference is that the Oba (chief) in Ife have actual geographical location they 'ba le'. Lowa is a palace chief hence has no Oba attached to his title.

Except you're saying http://theooni.org/iferight.htm which hosts the photo, names and 'kingdoms' of each of these chiefs is wrong. And those were the same people I met at the palace during a part of the Obatala festival's procession to the palace:

And if you were referring to Isooro in your post then you're wrong sir. The closest Isooro to the throne is Obameri through Oduduwa and he's not regarded as royal. No Isooro, including those of us from Ideta comes from any of the Royal Houses going by paternal lineage except some of us whose mothers are/were from royal houses.

The people and their offices you mentioned are not part of the Osi or Otun Ife, they're just title holders in and within Royal Houses.
Re: Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
sweetgala:

On-point bro, you said it all; the problem now is these "Oba's" need to be restored to their original tittles but any attempt by a future King if not done in the near future would face strong opposition.

Concerning his efforts in this current selection issue, lets just say it is a matter concerning one of the royal families and a statement he made and certain actions he has taken to undermine their efforts.

If what you suggested is to happen then some type of miracle will happen whereby the new Ooni will have the interest of tradition and culture at the peak of his heart but I fear it won't happen - it is business, an avenue to raise funds or win political allies/circles.

Want to share the statement he made and the actions? Would be nice if you could.
Re: Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead by EyesulO(m): 1:52am On Oct 17, 2015
When aged people don't check their blood pressure...the stress of the process might have raised his blood pressure to an unbearable point. Next...they will say a spirit killed him...mtscheeew! angry

Tell your aged parents to always check their blood pressure and you will see the true "grim reaper" of aged people wink
Re: Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead by Nobody: 2:09am On Oct 17, 2015
9jacrip:

Bro, how you dey?

I typed the previous message from my phone hence the mix up.
I was only referring to the bold part of the post as I have little knowledge of the 2nd paragraph.
Like I said, a few of those new Oba's or elevated Baale's-to-Oba's were not actually chiefs but Princes from Royal houses. E.g the 1st Alaraoodaye of Araland (Ile - ife),Oba Layade is from Otutu compound of Lafogido.
http://www.alaraoodaye.com.ng/

Also, I remember some years back that the Obalufe and Obaloran where all referred to as Chiefs, but nowadays the press refer to them as ''Oba'', e.g from High Chief S Olawusi to Oba S Olawusi, even though are not from the 4 present ruling houses. Where they elevated to ''kings'' status too by Sijuwade too?

Modified:

In a desperate bid to increase the number of beaded-crowned traditional rulers in Osun State, Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola has approved the crowning of fifty-five new beaded Obas in the state.

The affected Traditional rulers from Ife Traditional Council, according to the letter, are Obalufe of Iremo-Ife, Baale of Akinlalu, Obawara of Iwara-Ife, Baale of Awolowo-Town –Ife, Obajio of Moore-Ife, Obaloran of Ilode-Ife, Obalaaye Iraye-Ife, Baale of Isoya-Ife, Baale of Mefoworade-Ife, Baale of Yekemi-Ife, Baale of Ife Tuntun –Ife, Baale of Iyanfoworogi-Ife, Baale of Abata-Egba-Ife, Baale of Bolorunduro-Ife, Baale of Abiri-Ife, Baale of Fasina-Ife, Baale of Osi-Sooko-Ife, Baale of Omifunfun-Ife and Baale of Agbonbiti-Ife e.t.c

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=6234
Re: Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead by sweetgala(m): 9:49am On Oct 17, 2015
9jacrip:

If what you suggested is to happen then some type of miracle will happen whereby the new Ooni will have the interest of tradition and culture at the peak of his heart but I fear it won't happen - it is business, an avenue to raise funds or win political allies/circles.

Want to share the statement he made and the actions? Would be nice if you could.

Bros it would be best not to say some things in public as you never know who is reading NL.

Let's just say he made comments about a certain institution being referred to by name to a previous king and challenged. "Is it that king that owns that institution" and was he is the first Ife king why does he get so much praise. Given the knows it was that certain king who re-built that institution with own funds
Re: Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 17, 2015
saxywale:

I typed the previous message from my phone hence the mix up.
I was only referring to the bold part of the post as I have little knowledge of the 2nd paragraph.
Like I said, a few of those new Oba's or elevated Baale's-to-Oba's were not actually chiefs but Princes from Royal houses. E.g the 1st Alaraoodaye of Araland (Ile - ife),Oba Layade is from Otutu compound of Lafogido.
http://www.alaraoodaye.com.ng/

Also, I remember some years back that the Obalufe and Obaloran where all referred to as Chiefs, but nowadays the press refer to them as ''Oba'', e.g from High Chief S Olawusi to Oba S Olawusi, even though are not from the 4 present ruling houses. Where they elevated to ''kings'' status too by Sijuwade too?

Modified:

In a desperate bid to increase the number of beaded-crowned traditional rulers in Osun State, Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola has approved the crowning of fifty-five new beaded Obas in the state.

The affected Traditional rulers from Ife Traditional Council, according to the letter, are Obalufe of Iremo-Ife, Baale of Akinlalu, Obawara of Iwara-Ife, Baale of Awolowo-Town –Ife, Obajio of Moore-Ife, Obaloran of Ilode-Ife, Obalaaye Iraye-Ife, Baale of Isoya-Ife, Baale of Mefoworade-Ife, Baale of Yekemi-Ife, Baale of Ife Tuntun –Ife, Baale of Iyanfoworogi-Ife, Baale of Abata-Egba-Ife, Baale of Bolorunduro-Ife, Baale of Abiri-Ife, Baale of Fasina-Ife, Baale of Osi-Sooko-Ife, Baale of Omifunfun-Ife and Baale of Agbonbiti-Ife e.t.c

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=6234

Baba, I think I get your drift but let me differ in opinion ot input.

1. We must keep in mind that apart from the core people who make up a compound, there are always people who were allowed to settle in a compound out of being allies, debt owed, friendship or to srengthen diplomatic ties. Not everyone from Otutu is a prince or princess, not everyone from Ile Olorisa is a descendant of Obatala or Ilesun. The Alara, going by the history on his website, is from Otutu compound but a king in Ara, another geographical area in Ife. And from my observation, he appears to be one of the few elevated to kingship status to pass a message to Ogunsuwa of Modakeke.

2. Obalufe has always been referred to as Obalufe and his domain does not go beyond Iremo before the palace to post office. Either elevated or not, he is still referred as 'Chief Obalufe'. So what osundefender posted lost me. Obajio has always been Obajio since time immemorial and he is still regarded as Cheif Obajio, his domain does not go beyond Moore part of which is under Ideta land.

The same is applicable to Obalaaye and Obaloran.

Most of the folks referred to as Baaled are not part of the Ife 13 hamlets, rather occupied Ife lands by Ife people who spread out of the Ile-Ife. Crowning them Oba is synonymous to classing them with the Otun Ife.
Re: Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead by macof(m): 10:54am On Oct 17, 2015
How is regency in Ile-Ife?
Re: Oba Solomon Omisakin Is Dead by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 17, 2015
sweetgala:

Bros it would be best not to say some things in public as you never know who is reading NL.

Let's just say he made comments about a certain institution being referred to by name to a previous king and challenged. "Is it that king that owns that institution" and was he is the first Ife king why does he get so much praise. Given the knows it was that certain king who re-built that institution with own funds

It appears the king of yesterday in your post is Aderemi.

You have a point about not mentioning somethings, I'll go with you on letting it slide.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Names You Love So Much. / Do Igalas See Themselves As Yorubas? (Official Igala Thread) / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.