Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Error In National Service Certificate - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Error In National Service Certificate (3102 Views)

Aggressive Error Message Corper Got While Checking NYSC Portal. Is This Real? / What's The Most Stressful/Funny Aspect Of Your NYSC National Service? / Don't Combine National Service And Law School - NYSC Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Error In National Service Certificate by Haryoryhemie(f): 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2015
Dear NLanders, I received my NYSC discharge cert yesterday but I was so overjoyed and didn't check it till I got home, when I got home, a friend discovered an error in my name(Ayoyemi was written as Ayoyomi). I quickly rushed down to d state secretariat today but was told to submit d discharge cert which will be forwarded to abuja and a new and correct one will be issued........
But my worries are:
(1) who knows how long it takes for a new one to be issued
(2) will I go seeking for job without a discharge cert?
(3) is it advisable I drop d one I have now and wait for long(maybe yrs) b4 I get it or
(4) should I overlook d error?
Pls, I need urgent answers
Re: Error In National Service Certificate by eremy: 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
Make and save scanned copies then consider the following question -

Can you get to Abuja yourself? To follow it up and possibly apply necessary pressure to hasten the process.

Also, seek advice from family- parents and older ones.

1 Like

Re: Error In National Service Certificate by Martini101(m): 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
like Eremy stated.
1) Scan and save a copy.
2) Proceed to CHQ in Abuja because such things are only done there, Atleast if there is a mistake while correction, a new one will be issued to you, but yours, exactly same case like mine. Okoli was written instead of Okolie
NOTE: I heard from reliable source that state commands will take a very long time for it to be done and in some cases, it might get lost.
Don't go during NYSC orientation time cos the people responsible might be at camp.
Thanks
Re: Error In National Service Certificate by alex81(m): 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
Use am like dat. Afterall ur picture dey dier.

My honest opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Error In National Service Certificate by flokii: 10:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
use tipex correct am na.. grin grin
Re: Error In National Service Certificate by Kezmanp(m): 12:46pm On May 07, 2018
My own suggestion is you make an aviddavit because I had the same similar issue too
Re: Error In National Service Certificate by Kezmanp(m): 3:49am On Jun 05, 2018
Haryoryhemie:
Dear NLanders, I received my NYSC discharge cert yesterday but I was so overjoyed and didn't check it till I got home, when I got home, a friend discovered an error in my name(Ayoyemi was written as Ayoyomi). I quickly rushed down to d state secretariat today but was told to submit d discharge cert which will be forwarded to abuja and a new and correct one will be issued........
But my worries are:
(1) who knows how long it takes for a new one to be issued
(2) will I go seeking for job without a discharge cert?
(3) is it advisable I drop d one I have now and wait for long(maybe yrs) b4 I get it or
(4) should I overlook d error?
Pls, I need urgent answers

Hello there please how do you go about it? I also have similar problem
Re: Error In National Service Certificate by Haryoryhemie(f): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2018
Kezmanp:

Hello there please how do you go about it? I also have similar problem

sorry for d late response, I just log in now and got ur msg, I eventually submitted it and got it back after almost 2yrs
Re: Error In National Service Certificate by Kezmanp(m): 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2018
Haryoryhemie:

sorry for d late response, I just log in now and got ur msg, I eventually submitted it and got it back after almost 2yrs

what do you use to apply for jobs during those years? or did you do an affidavit [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Error In National Service Certificate by Haryoryhemie(f): 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2018
Kezmanp:

what do you use to apply for jobs during those years? or did you do an affidavit [color=#006600][/color]

I actually had a scanned copy in my mail. Also wen I submitted d cert, I was given a "To whom", so wen i was called for job (luckily, dis was few months after POP), I printed out d scanned copy and submitted d "To whom" alongside. I was employed and given 2yrs to produce d original but it came out b4 then

1 Like

Re: Error In National Service Certificate by Kezmanp(m): 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2018
Haryoryhemie:

I actually had a scanned copy in my mail. Also wen I submitted d cert, I was given a "To whom", so wen i was called for job (luckily, dis was few months after POP), I printed out d scanned copy and submitted d "To whom" alongside. I was employed and given 2yrs to produce d original but it came out b4 then

oh ok good thanks for the reply..... but can I still apply for jobs with the certificate that my name was mistakenly written
Re: Error In National Service Certificate by Haryoryhemie(f): 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2018
Kezmanp:

oh ok good thanks for the reply..... but can I still apply for jobs with the certificate that my name was mistakenly written

uwc
of course u can, just be sure to back it up wit ur "To whom" wen d need arises
Re: Error In National Service Certificate by Kezmanp(m): 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2018
Haryoryhemie:

uwc
of course u can, just be sure to back it up wit ur "To whom" wen d need arises

the certificate still with me though I back it up with affidavit.... am going to do as yu said.

(1) (Reply)

Redeployed Ogun Corp Member / BAYELSA STREAM 2 Batch A 2016 / My LGI Implicated Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.