Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

4 Things I Noticed At Jummah Today - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 4 Things I Noticed At Jummah Today (649 Views)

"The Virtues And Sunnah's Of Jummah" / The Virtues And Sunnah's Of Jummah / ~ 10 Facts About Jummah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Things I Noticed At Jummah Today by Awesomeking: 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
Sallam alaykum brothers and sisters,these are 5 things i noticed at jummah today,these things really caught my attention

1-EVERYONE WANTS TO SIT IN THE MOSQUE
-the truth is that the mosque could be small or big,but anyhow it is,not everyone can sit in the mosque during prayer,some have to sit outside so as to make sure that everyone is comfortable where ever the person is,but some people will force themselves and squeeze their bodies into an already filled mosque thereby causing discomfort for the people in the mosque

2.PEOPLE PREFER TO GIVE SMALL CURRENCY AS ALMS
-it was clearly noticed that people prefer to give small currencies like 5 naira(yes,that small) as alms,such amount is small and wont be of great help to the needy,so an higher amount would be alot better

3,PEOPLE USE PHONES WHILE THE IMAM IS PREACHING-i dont have much to say about this,but we all know its bad

4.IMAM DIVERTS FROM HIS JOB AND STARTS DOING ADVERT-i was in the mosque today and the imam was greatly dropping hints for people to purchase islamic calender,turns out it was been sold by the mosque,he did that throughout the whole sermon

if you noticed other things you think are inappriopriate,kindly comment.
Re: 4 Things I Noticed At Jummah Today by dragnet: 12:51pm On Oct 17, 2015
Awesomeking:
Sallam alaykum brothers and sisters,these are 5 things i noticed at jummah today,these things really caught my attention

1-EVERYONE WANTS TO SIT IN THE MOSQUE
-the truth is that the mosque could be small or big,but anyhow it is,not everyone can sit in the mosque during prayer,some have to sit outside so as to make sure that everyone is comfortable where ever the person is,but some people will force themselves and squeeze their bodies into an already filled mosque thereby causing discomfort for the people in the mosque

2.PEOPLE PREFER TO GIVE SMALL CURRENCY AS ALMS
-it was clearly noticed that people prefer to give small currencies like 5 naira(yes,that small) as alms,such amount is small and wont be of great help to the needy,so an higher amount would be alot better

3,PEOPLE USE PHONES WHILE THE IMAM IS PREACHING-i dont have much to say about this,but we all know its bad

4.IMAM DIVERTS FROM HIS JOB AND STARTS DOING ADVERT-i was in the mosque today and the imam was greatly dropping hints for people to purchase islamic calender,turns out it was been sold by the mosque,he did that throughout the whole sermon

if you noticed other things you think are inappriopriate,kindly comment.

wa alaykum salaam warahmatuLlaah.

1st is encouraged especially if you get to the mosque early enough and even if it's not jumah, the Prophet said the best rows on solaah are the foremost rows.

+++

2nd is wrong and people should be enlightened about giving more in charity and overcome the fear of poverty.

+++

3rd is abhorred and extremely prohibited on jumah, the only thing to be done is to pay 100% attention to the imaam.

+++

4th is a big problem, and totally against the tenets and he should be counselled for that, no form of trading should be done in the mosque.
Re: 4 Things I Noticed At Jummah Today by Awesomeking: 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2015
dragnet:

wa alaykum salaam warahmatuLlaah.

1st is encouraged especially if you get to the mosque early enough and even if it's not jumah, the Prophet said the best rows on solaah are the foremost rows.

+++

2nd is wrong and people should be enlightened about giving more in charity and overcome the fear of poverty.

+++

3rd is abhorred and extremely prohibited on jumah, the only thing to be done is to pay 100% attention to the imaam.

+++

4th is a big problem, and totally against the tenets and he should be counselled for that, no form of trading should be done in the mosque.

thanks for stating the fact smiley

(1) (Reply)

Useful Tips That Will Go A Long Way to Curb Your Filthy Act Of Masturbation. / Fellow Nairalanders I Need Your Help Please / Are Yoruba Muslims Exempted From Carrying Out Jihad Against Unbelievers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.