Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,597 members, 7,851,014 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:14 PM

How Does One Get Certificate For Skills Acquired Without A Professional Training - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Does One Get Certificate For Skills Acquired Without A Professional Training (577 Views)

Can You Sell Your B.sc Certificate For #100 Million? / How Does School Pass Through Someone? / Do You Want To Study Abroad Or Online Free Of Charge And Get Certificate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does One Get Certificate For Skills Acquired Without A Professional Training by Clinton594(m): 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm a fresh graduate of Mechanical Engineering from Esut.
I'm proud to say I've acquired small amount of skills personally without a professional training buh my pride comes to an end with this little worry about how to present these skills in my forthcoming C.V preparation.

I have and advanced knowledge on
AutoCad
Solid works
CNC gsk demo
Computer software and hardware troubleshooting
The whole Microsoft office packages
And some video and photo Editing skills

Buh have no certificate to show for them.
While in school, a lot of us engaged in extracurricular activities which we ended up not having certificates on, so my question goes to the masters who have scaled through this situation before to enlighten us more.

How does one get a certificate for skills acquired without an official or professional training?

Cc lalasticlala
Ishilove
Re: How Does One Get Certificate For Skills Acquired Without A Professional Training by choicetheblogger(m): 8:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
i don't think that's possible
Re: How Does One Get Certificate For Skills Acquired Without A Professional Training by Clinton594(m): 8:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hmmmmm you can't be serious bro..... I'm waiting for comments to help me decide.
I'm sure there are people out there who tackled it before
Re: How Does One Get Certificate For Skills Acquired Without A Professional Training by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
@clinton594

You don't need to pile up certificates for your software knowledge, it is totally unnecessary. AutoCad for instance is very common amongst engineers and it would seem very archaic of you to present a certificate from a training center...

Your certificate is your level of proficiency with the softwares, if the company needs you to prove your skills, they'll put u on the hot seat wink
Re: How Does One Get Certificate For Skills Acquired Without A Professional Training by Clinton594(m): 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2015
nairalandist:
@clinton594

You don't need to pile up certificates for your software knowledge, it is totally unnecessary. AutoCad for instance is very common amongst engineers and it would seem very archaic of you to present a certificate from a training center...

Your certificate is your level of proficiency with the softwares, if the company needs you to prove your skills, they'll put u on the hot seat wink

Hmmmmm so before they put me on the "hot seat", how would they know I have that knowledge to begin with if not written on a certificate.

Don't be annoyed, I'm still a novice
Re: How Does One Get Certificate For Skills Acquired Without A Professional Training by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
Clinton594:

Hmmmmm so before they put me on the "hot seat", how would they know I have that knowledge to begin with if not written on a certificate.

Don't be annoyed, I'm still a novice

Once you include your skills in your CV, it's enough. Employers aren't robots you know, they know you can learn softwares through friends or even online.

Anyways if you would feel more confident with a certificate, just find a good training school to attend..

(1) (Reply)

What Has This Two OAU Students Done To Deserve This / 14 Signs You Have A Bad Roommate / Poly Has Disappointed, Plz Advice!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.