Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv (1182 Views)

Phone Specification: Blackberry Releases The First DUAL-SIM Smartphone / See The Price Of The Blackberry Priv Android Handset / The Evolution Of Blackberry Pictured In One Image. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv by Tallesty1(m): 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2015
Blackberry posted the official video of blackberry priv on their YouTube channel hours ago.

The video shows off a few features that are exclusive to the Priv, like the ability to launch directly into BlackBerry Hub, and its sliding hardware QWERTY keyboard which is obviously one of the handset’s defining features.

There’s no arguing the device looks great, and lovers of physical keypad will be very excited to have a proper physical keypad in high end phone but other contenders like the Note 5s and iPhones will give it a run for its money.

One thing I noticed in the video of blackberry priv which I don’t like is that you have to touch the text entry box when you open a conversation before you can start typing into it rather than it being there as a default so you can just start typing.

This is not a major problem though, and can be fixed with an update but its a bit boring.

According to BlackBerry, the Priv has the authentic BlackBerry keyboard, legendary security, streamlined communications and productivity, combined with the wide world of Google Play store apps. It has been engineered with the world’s finest technology, and packaged in an ultra-thin, ergonomically perfect device with a keyboard hidden by SmartSlide technology.

Other key specs of BlackBerry Priv include Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 SoC, 5.4” QHD display, 18MP camera with Schneider-Kreuznach optics. The battery is a 3,410 mAh unit.

Watch the video of blackberry priv here.

Source: http://www.naijatecharena.com/official-video-of-blackberry-priv/
Re: Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2015
Meh.
Re: Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv by Tallesty1(m): 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2015
Re: Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2015
Tallesty1:
undecided
The phone doesn't look....interesting. Only BlackBerry would make Android boring.
Re: Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv by Tallesty1(m): 7:52am On Oct 18, 2015
Karmanaut:

The phone doesn't look....interesting.
Only BlackBerry would make Android boring.
It does look interesting to some people and I think the physical keypad thingy, security and over all performance are its selling points.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv by salawustyles(m): 8:28am On Oct 18, 2015
good for them so hw much
Re: Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 18, 2015
Tallesty1:
It does look interesting to some people and I think the physical keypad thingy,
You can't theme a physical keyboard, a selling point of most android keyboard apps. If you were to use an onscreen keyboard then it'll cover part of the screen.
security
Meh. Still runs a Linux kernel s9 can be rooted.
Apple says the iOS 9 is not jailbreak-able....
and over all performance are its selling points.
BBOS has been hanging since the beginning, remember in their old phones when the phone would hang for minutes at a time?
It still happens in OS10 and moreover Android OS is resource intensive, Java being greedy and all.
Maybe 3GB of RAM might help.
Will wait till I have a hands on experience before I comment on the performance.
Re: Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv by tomiobj(m): 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
Karmanaut:

You can't theme a physical keyboard, a selling point of most android keyboard apps. If you were to use an onscreen keyboard then it'll cover part of the screen.

Meh. Still runs a Linux kernel s9 can be rooted.
Apple says the iOS 9 is not jailbreak-able....

BBOS has been hanging since the beginning, remember in their old phones when the phone would hang for minutes at a time?
It still happens in OS10 and moreover Android OS is resource intensive, Java being greedy and all.
Maybe 3GB of RAM might help.
Will wait till I have a hands on experience before I comment on the performance.

I was about to argue with you. But since you said BlackBerry os10 hangs...I figured out that you don't know what you are saying. You even went on to say it would hang for minutes @ a time. You are just a tecno fanboy

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
tomiobj:

I was about to argue with you. But since you said BlackBerry os10 hangs...I figured out that you don't know what you are saying. You even went on to say it would hang for minutes @ a time.
If you had up to two digits in your IQ you'd be able to comprehend what I read.
Read veeerrry slooowllly this time around and see if your brain comprehends. Maybe I should write in vernacular so you can understand?
You are just a tecno fanboy
Don't insult me.
I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
Re: Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv by Tallesty1(m): 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
salawustyles:
good for them so hw much
Relax nah.

E never enter market yet.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv by tomiobj(m): 6:46am On Oct 19, 2015
Karmanaut:

It still happens in OS10

You directly said that BlackBerry os10 hangs. There is nothing to argue here.
Re: Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 19, 2015
tomiobj:

You directly said that BlackBerry os10 hangs. There is nothing to argue here.
Good boy.
You read it again.
Yes. it hangs.
Re: Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv by tomiobj(m): 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2015
Karmanaut:

Good boy.
You read it again.
Yes. it hangs.
. BlackBerry 10 dosent hang. If anything, bb10 runs smoother than an android

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Releases The Official Video Of Blackberry Priv by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Huawei P9: Save The Date, Huawei Launch Invitation P9 On April 6 / Infinix Hot Note / Scam SMS I Received.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.