Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

New Wailers: Boko Haram Threat To The Yoruba Nation - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / New Wailers: Boko Haram Threat To The Yoruba Nation (542 Views)

Yoruba Nation, Unite Now Or Be Doomed / To YORUBA NATION: We Speak To Your Conscience / The Fall Of Yoruba Nation: Letter To Asiwaju Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Wailers: Boko Haram Threat To The Yoruba Nation by umehmj(m): 7:49pm On Oct 17, 2015
"i urge all the Yoruba living in Nigeria outside of the Yoruba geographical zones to find their way back home as soon as possible. It would be difficult to simultaneously defend our homeland and protect our nationals living outside our geography.” -Professor Adeniran Adeboye, Chairman Oodua Foundation (April 29, 2014) The menace of Boko Haram has been persistent. It has become a festering cancer, a terminal disease that obviously has no cure. It is fast encapsulating the landscape like an infuriated tsunami intent on swallowing its hapless victims, ignoring all supplications. Boko Haram is now intractable for the government of Nigeria. Like a wind from which no tree could salvage no refuge, all strata of the Nigerian society are being physically and psychologically impacted either directly or indirectly, while the entity called Nigeria is being shredded at a lightening pace. I am not the President of the Yoruba Nation. Neither am I the official spokesperson of the Yoruba Nation. But I am a proud Yoruba son and confident that I am speaking the minds of the real Yoruba Leaders and expressing the aspirations of the overwhelming majority of Yoruba fathers, mothers, sons and daughters. I echo the admonition above as made by the revered professor of Mathematics, Dr, Adeniran Adeboye. I am using this opportunity to call on all Yoruba nationals that live outside the confines of the Yoruba Nation to begin to engage in self repatriation from all the nooks and crannies of the failed country called Nigeria and retreat to their fatherland for safety and protection. This call has become more than pertinent in view of the incontrovertible evidence that the country called Nigeria has demonstrated its chronic inability to protect them, their loved ones and their properties. As our father often say, “O nbo, o nbo, awon ni a dee de.” When Dr. Goodluck Jonathan became the President of this unfortunate country, not everyone liked him. That is not a crime. This is why it is called a democracy. The point is that he was “voted” for by the majority of the people in the country. But the neo-colonialist elites of the country were and still are not happy. They are unhappy that their stranglehold on the political power of the country is shifting and shifting for good. They are unhappy that the “estate” of their “grandfather” and “great grandfather”, Uthman Dan Fodio is being taken over by an infidel. They are upset that instead of a Mohamed, an Ibrahim, a Shehu, a Mohamadu or a Sani, it is a Jonathan that would manage the “Estate.” They are irked that the new president is not just a “Jonathan”, but one from a minority and “of all maggots in the toilet”, he is from the South of the country. To them this is unbearable. It is a blasphemy. It is unacceptable. Hence they vowed to “make the country ungovernable” for him. This “Jonathan” has to be rendered ineffective. He has to be made to lose focus. He has to be derailed. So far, they have obviously succeeded. And unfortunately, GEJ himself has played their game. He has played into their hands. He has allowed himself to be victimized. Jonathan himself seemed oblivious of and to History. He is acting a fool when it is obvious that he is not one. He is not allowing history to be his guide. He seems unaware what his Ijaw people and other minorities in the South-South have gone through in Nigeria in the hands of the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy and their satellites across the board – in the Northwest, Northeast, North central, Southwest, Southeast, Middlebelt and even South-south itself. He is letting a golden opportunity sly by. He is not taking certain germane steps that could right the wrongs of more than half a century. It is possible that President Jonathan has other plans that people like us are yet to fathom. It is very possible. But regardless of his plans, it is evident that despite giving the “born to rule” goons everything they want in terms of juicy positions, these neo- colonialists are still angry and unsatisfied with this “Jonathan”. They could not live with being ruled by an infidel such as a “Jonathan” for that matter. They would not even sit and pray in a mosque presided over by a Hausaman or a Nupeman or an Igalaman or any other member of any ethnic nationality. It has to be one of them or it is unacceptable. In the same vein, they would not want to be in a country in which an infidel like Dr. Jonathan is presiding. Having succeeded in making the country “ungovernable” for Jonathan, they are trying to make everyone believe that Jonathan is solely to blame for the intractability of the Boko Haram problem. They want everyone to believe that GEJ is solely to blame for the insecurity of lives and property in the country. They want all of us to believe that Jonathan is solely to blame for the sad trajectory of the country for the last several years and as a result we all should be ready to kick him out. Well, not so fast. This Jonathan may be clueless. He may be incompetent, inefficient and ineffective. He may be confused and flabbergasted. The fault is not entirely his. Yes, I have my complaints but I am not ready to crucify him. As at yet, like many millions of members of other ethnic nationalities in Nigeria, I am not psychologically attuned to another Hausa/Fulani rulership of this “estate” called Nigeria. Given the trauma of the last fifty something years, I am not ready for another Hausa/Fulani President. I am unwilling and will not accept another disciple of “Born to rule” gospel to take the reins of power in Nigeria. Not yet. It is too early. Not in the face of this festering Boko Haram menace. If they insist on imposing another Hausa/Fulani man on Nigeria, then welcome to a new day as Nigeria moves towards its manifest destiny of dismemberment. If the All Progressives Congress (APC) wants the rest of us on board its ship, then the party leaders must look for a Christian from a Northern Minority ethnic Nationality. It has to be a Christian with a Southern Muslim combination. Even, a Christian Fulani would be too much risk for Nigerians. May be sometimes in the future, if that future would be there, Nigerians would be willing to reconsider their stance and disposition to the Hausa/Fulani’s disregard and disrespect for them and their past leaders, but not right now. This is not a good time. If the APC refuses to hearken to our voices and supplications, this Jonathan we will stick with. This Jonathan we will support. This Jonathan we will insist on. No Muslim Northerner would be acceptable to the ethnic nationalities in the Middlebelt and the South of Nigeria right now. Not in the face of this Boko Haram that is killing my Yoruba brothers and sisters and is threatening to destroy my Oodua homeland. It does not matter how many Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubus or Alhaji Babatunde Fasholas are made the running mate if they present a candidate of Hausa/Fulani stock, it would not be acceptable. It would be firmly rejected. More so, Boko Haram does not even accept them as authentic Muslims. As far as Boko Haram is concerned, they are still infidels like this “Jonathan” and would be treated the same way if APC wrestles power. With APC’s all Muslim National Executive Council in the first rate, with nominal Christian deputies, any candidate that is a Northern Muslim would be rejected by the Yoruba people. Asiwaju Tinubu should remember that regardless of our fondness of him, we will not follow him to Golgotha. We will change course. Tinubu’s ambition may be legitimate, but we will not sacrifice our race for his ambition. We will not sacrifice our History for his ambition. We will not sacrifice our well-being for his ambition. We will not sacrifice the security of our sons and daughters for his ambition. He is either with us in these trying times or he is against us. The first responsibility of all Yoruba sons and daughters is the SURVIVAL OF THE YORUBA NATION. We do not hate any person or group of persons. We do not dislike any ethnic nationality. We are not planning to hold any other ethnic nationality in bondage or to ransom. We are not after the resources of any other ethnic nationality. What we are doing is self preservation. We insist on our right to self determination. We just want to be able to chart our own course towards our destiny as determined by us. It does not matter whether one is in APC, PDP, LP , ACCORD or any other party. What matters is the sustenance and protection of the Yoruba race and its homeland. We in the Southwest are first and foremost, YORUBA, before we are Muslims, Christians or Traditionalists. I am aware that ambition, as legitimate as it can be, is like an alkaloid – “something that has a stupefying, numbing, or sleep-inducing effect.” It is opium with homeopathic reveling effects. It is very powerful. It has the wherewithal to blind one to the subsisting realities. One really has to be specially endowed not to fall victim to it. I am sincerely hoping that Asiwaju Tinubu understands the stakes involved. I hope that he understands the desperation of these times. I hope he appreciates the concerns of his people. I hope he would take a step back and reevaluate. I hope he would not believe that he could pull the Yoruba along to a destination they do not want because his political party controlled some of the states in Yoruba land. I hope he would not make that mistake. I can only hope. Below, I publish verbatim the response of Oodua Foundation to the recent threats of Boko Haram against the Yoruba homeland: In response to the threat issued by the Islamic terrorist organization, Boko Haram, in recent days to inflict death and destruction on the Yoruba towns of Southwestern Nigeria, the International Working Committee of Oodua Foundation hereby issues the following statement from our International Headquarters in Delaware, United States of America. Oodua Foundation, with members in countries across the world, calls on all Yoruba people, traditional rulers, various traditional institutions, and all Yoruba self-determination and self-defence organizations, professional, youth and women’s organizations, to view the threat by Boko Haram with all seriousness, and to begin without delay to institute measures for the defence of life and property in all Yoruba towns. We Yoruba people must seize this occasion to demonstrate powerfully the traditional capabilities of our nation to defend our towns, and to protect the lives and property of our people and of all strangers resident among us. We must seize this occasion to demonstrate the truth which the whole world knows about us and hails in us as a nation – namely, that among us Yoruba people, religion (whether as in Islam or Christianity or our own traditional ways) is an agency of love and harmony among humans in our society. We must leave no doubt whatsoever that total annihilation awaits any person or group who, in the name of religion, or of any other cause, dares to bring mass violence and murders into our homeland. We in Oodua Foundation seriously urge our Yoruba nation not be deceived into expecting that the power of the Nigerian federation will be sufficient to defend our homeland against Boko Haram. It has not proved sufficient in other parts of Nigeria. We must defend our own with all the power that we ourselves command. We must show all now that ours is an ancient civilization capable of competently defending itself. Among further measures, we are immediately alerting the leading powers of the world about Boko Haram’s threats against our Yoruba nation in Nigeria, and our resolve to hit back as we deem appropriate and adequate.
Re: New Wailers: Boko Haram Threat To The Yoruba Nation by madridguy(m): 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2015
Ok
Re: New Wailers: Boko Haram Threat To The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 17, 2015
Does this signal the disintegration of Nigeria? I just believe Nigeria can't exist for life

(1) (Reply)

Lady Narrates Sad Experience With Nigerian Force Men. / Happy Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders / Graphic (photos): Fatal Accident On Benin Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.