Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,273 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 (53822 Views)

FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain 2 - 1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / FIFA U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Croatia 1 - 2 (Live) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 18, 2015
The defending champions, Nigeria will look to continue their winning impressive start against USA when they take on the tournament host, Chile in the second round of the group stage games, While Chile will want to improve on their 1-1 draw against Croatia when they meet the defending champions on the 21th of October.

Nigeria are on top of the group with three points. Croatia and Chile have one point apiece, and occupy the second and third positions respectively. USA, without any point and goal, sit at the bottom of the log.
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 18, 2015
Group A STANDING

P   W   D  L  GF  GA   GD    PTS

NIGERIA          1     1    0   0    2    0‎      2      3

CROATIA ‎        1     0    1  0    1     1       0       1

CHILE               1     0    1  0‎     1    1      0       1

USA                  1     0   0   1    0     2      -2      0

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by sammywit: 7:28am On Oct 18, 2015
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 18, 2015
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 18, 2015
Nigeria Vs Chile

Date: Wednesday, 21st October, 2015.

Time: 20:00 (12am Nigerian time)

Venue: Estadio Sausalito

City: Vina Del Mar

Due to the difference in time zones, Chile is four hours
behind Nigeria, which means that matches will be played
mostly late in the night in Nigeria.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/5197/international-football/2015/10/13/16275602/what-is-the-match-schedule-of-the-golden-eaglets-at-the-fifa-u17-
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by eyeview: 8:33am On Oct 18, 2015
blueto:
Chile vs Nigeria

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/5197/international-football/2015/10/13/16275602/what-is-the-match-schedule-of-the-golden-eaglets-at-the-fifa-u17-

Please,which station are these matches aired?
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by enomakos(m): 9:42am On Oct 18, 2015
eyeview:

Please,which station are these matches aired?
nta sports24 on startime

2 Likes

Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 19, 2015
Police Sports Officer pleads: Don’t put undue pressure on Eaglets

Police Force Sports Officer and Nasarawa Commissioner of Police,  CP Sani Mohammed has urged football loving Nigerians and the Nigeria Football Federation not to put too much pressure on the Golden Eaglets’ kids that defeated the United States of America 2-0 in the first match.

Nigeria topped Group A having defeated USA to pocket the 3 points at stake while host Chile and Croatia ended their match a point each but the sports administrator who is a member of All Stars and former Chess Federation President cautioned football fans to take the match as it comes and not to start tipping the Eaglets to retrain the Trophy they won in the United Arab Emirates two years ago when only one game has just been played.

“I am very happy as a Nigerian and a football fan that the Golden Eaglets have started well by beating the United States team but we shouldn’t expect too much from them but should just take the match as it comes one after the other.

“I like to believe that all games should be taken one after the other. My belief depends on the approach of the Nigerian team to every match they play in the ongoing FIFA U- 17 World Cup in Chile. Now that they have won the first match against USA, this will encourage them to fight to win the other two remaining matches”, the Nasarawa Police boss told SportingLife.
He also warned, “my Chess background tells me that I don’t underestimate the opposition. So let us not be carried away. Let us give them a chance. Let them not go and chicken out. They might win the first game and lose the remaining ones and they may not qualify. First of all let us take these games with caution.

“But now that they have given us the first victory we can begin to have hopes for sailing through to the knockout stage and qualifying from the group stage. The knock out stage could be anybody’s game. It is different strategies all together”, he also cautioned.

The Force Sports Officer also reminded fans that nobody predicted that the Manu Garba led Golden Eaglets of 2013 set was going to win the competition for a record fourth time then. “Until when they became champion before we all started identifying ourselves with the winner. My own position is that we take a game at a time,” he also declared.

http://thenationonlineng.net/police-sports-officer-pleads-dont-put-undue-pressure-on-eaglets/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
World Cup - Buhari Charges Eaglets to Win As 'End-of-Year Gift'

President Muhammadu Buhari has extended his best wishes for a triumphant outing to the Golden Eaglets who are in Chile for this year’s Under-17 FIFA World Cup Tournament. The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, said in a statement yesterday that the president tasked the team to bring the World Cup home as the perfect end-of-the-year gift for soccer-loving Nigerians.

“As the tournament opens tomorrow (today), President Buhari urges the Golden Eaglets to do their utmost best to match the outstanding performance of their victorious predecessors who have won the competition four times, including the inaugural edition in 1985 and the last tournament in 2013,” the statement said.

It said Buhari assured the team of the full support of the federal government and all Nigerians as they strive to bring more sporting glory to their fatherland by outplaying all their opponents in Chile and winning the cup for a record fifth time.

The president would follow the team’s progress at the tournament with keen interest and high expectation in the belief that the boys have the skills, dedication and determination required to make Nigeria world champions once again, the statement added.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/world-cup-buhari-charges-eaglets-to-win-as-end-of-year-gift/115399.html
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
Eaglets Settle in Vina del Mer Ahead Chile Clash

The Golden Eaglets on Sunday arrived the iconic city of Vina del Mar ahead of their FIFAU-17 World Cup Chile 2015 second Group A match against the host country, Chile at the Estadio Sausalito on Tuesday.

Only on Saturday, Nigeria jumped to the top of the section with the maximum three points after grinding a 2-0 win over the USA while Chile and Croatia shared the spoils after a I-1 draw.

The Eaglets, upon their arrival at Vina del Mar swiftly began their preparation on Sunday evening with their first training session at Municipality Sport Sausalito where Coach Emmanuel Amuneke yet again made a clarion call to the players.

“Once again, we want to congratulate you for a good job done on Saturday against USA but we still have a long way to go," noted the 1994 African Player of the Year. " To win the World Cup, a team must play seven matches and as such, we must not get carried away and be complacent because we beat the USA."

Amuneke warned that the match against the host would be a different ball game since it is a must win for them to be in contention for the knockout stages. He maintained that the players must gird their loins to rumble against the hosts who would play yet again in front of their partisan fans.

He explained: "The match against Chile would be tougher and we want to approach the match with seriousness and high sense of responsibility. We have to be focused because there would be no margin for errors against Chileon Tuesday."

The Golden Eaglets will have a feel of the Sausalito Stadium on Monday as mandated by the rules and regulations guiding the championship.

In a related development, Mr. Tiwalade Adelanwa, Charge d'Affaires at the Nigeria Embassy in Argentina who saw Nigeria beat USA 2-0 on Saturday, has equally charged the Golden Eaglets to remain focused.

"This is the third time I'm watching our boys play and I'm impressed with their discipline and tactical approach against Argentina, Racing Club and today, against USA," said the diplomat. "They stand a good chance if they can show the same discipline against Chileon Tuesday."

The clash between the Golden Eaglets and Chile will kick off at midnight on Tuesday in Nigeria at 8pm Chile time and 12am Nigerian Time

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/10/fifa-u-17-cup-eaglets-settle-in-vina.html?m=1
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 19, 2015
Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea Send Scouts To Monitor Golden Eaglets Youngsters

A couple of English Premier League clubs have sent their scouts to Chile to run the rule over the top stars in the Golden Eaglets fold, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.

It is confirmed that representatives of Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool will be in the stands on Saturday when the Nigeria Under - 17s clash with their United States counterparts at the Estadio Nacional Julio Martínez Prádanos in Santiago.

The players that are on the radar of the English Premier League trio are skipper Kelechi Nwakali ( ASJ Academy), Funsho Bamgboye (Aspire Academy), Victor Osimhen (Ultimate Strikers) and Joel Osikel ( Young Eleven FC).

Prior to the tournament in Chile, Kelechi Nwakali had flirted with Manchester City, with the Citizens suits inviting him to England and he was given a tour of the club’s training facilities.

Kelechi Iheanacho, Chidiebere Nwakali and Musa Yahaya were snapped up by English clubs after the 2013 FIFA U17s.

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/10/man-city-liverpool-chelsea-send-scouts.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
Lalasticlala, Mukina2, Semid4lyfe, Seun the match na this night oh 12:00am smiley
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by omusiliyu(m): 8:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
Nigeria 3 : 1 Chile

2 Likes

Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by canalily(m): 8:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
I go mis this match!
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by IsiCaterpillar(f): 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2015
Who go stay awake watch that one... witches from them village abi?
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by dukssnay: 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2015
I wish the boys all the luck. GO ON TEAM NIGERIA!!!!
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by VickyRotex(f): 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2015
Make e no be initial gragra o.

I wish our Eaglets undiluted success! cool
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by DICKtator: 8:45pm On Oct 20, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by 2sex(m): 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2015
enomakos:
nta sports24 on startime
what about gotv?
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by canalily(m): 8:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
blueto:
Nigeria Vs Chile

20:00am is it nt 8:00amundecided
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Generalkorex(m): 8:49pm On Oct 20, 2015
Go eaglets.
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
Go Eagles!

Need something on Jumia?
Contact me now from my signature!
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 20, 2015
canalily:
20:00am is it nt 8:00amundecided

Chile Time: 20:00 (8pm)

chile is four hours behind Nigeria, Thus, Nigerian Time will be 12:00am!
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Middlefinger1: 9:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by tobyemmanuel(m): 9:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2015
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2015
Re: U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 by naijacommando: 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2015
exhibition:
Go Eagles!
Need something on Jumia? Contact me now from my signature!
I nid fufu

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Outrage As 'white Lives Matter' Plane Flies Over Man City Vs Burnley Match / Ronaldo In Search Of Mcdonald’s Girls Who Gave Him Free Burgers As A Kid / World Cup: Colombia Vs England - 1 - 1 (3 - 4 On Penalties) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.