Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today (2014 Views)

For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions / The Israel Church Going Nigerians Ignorantly Love / Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by paxonel(m): 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
do you know that there are problems that comes with church going?
problems like
trying to please your pastors or your group members in church or you are tagged unrighteous.
10% of your income is going accumulatively.
assuming it is N 3000 monthly. Your liability becomes 3000×12 =N36000 annually which is above your monthly income.
trust me, you don't have any miracle to show for it. even the Jews do not have these liability.
some of you go to church in places far away from home, you will pay transport or fuel your car, these are extra expenses you ignore and tomorrow you complain,what are you using money for? the naira do not have value.
meanwhile you end up hearing the same word you have been hearing from your pastors from day one, no new messages. Yet bible still remain a mystery to you.
You can overcome these problems by reading your bible for yourselves, love your neighbor as yourself to avoid sin and live a happy life, maintain your believe in Christ and remain saved and simply ignore church or religion.
God do not recognise Sabbath day anymore.
Matthew 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

4 Likes

Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by Beesluv: 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by Iceflox(f): 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
this one is good, but sensitive
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by chidekings(m): 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
U made valid points,just that Christians do all this things ,not because it is biblical ,but in order not to fall short of God's standard and miss heaven.
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by paxonel(m): 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
chidekings:
U made valid points,just that Christians do all this things ,not because it is biblical ,but in order not to fall short of God's standard and miss heaven.
this is what is known as fear
the biggest factor that limit Christianity from achieving it vital goals on earth
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by Proximo73: 7:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
in christianity, the bible is our asset, pastors and churches are our liability .
is God also our liability?
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by paxonel(m): 7:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
Proximo73:
in christianity, the bible is our asset, pastors and churches are our liability .
is God also our liability?
i have said it before, God is not church and pastors.
they say if you sow a seed to man of God, you are giving to God.
How about poor people on the street,
who is going to sow seed to them?

1 Like

Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by Proximo73: 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
paxonel:

i have said it before, God is not church and pastors.
they say if you sow a seed to man of God, you are giving to God.
How about poor people on the street,
who is going to sow seed to them?
but the bible says, if you give to a man of God, you will have the reward of a man of God?
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by kevoh(m): 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
paxonel:

[b] some of you go to church in places far away from home, you will pay transport or fuel your car, these are extra expenses you ignore and tomorrow you complain,what are you using money for? [/b]the naira do not have value.
meanwhile you end up hearing the same word you have been hearing from your pastors from day one, no new messages. Yet bible still remain a mystery to you.

This part baffles me among you guys. There's a RCCG 30 footsteps away from my gate, a Catholic church just down the street, Dunamis church before you enter the street, Winners at the main entrance of the estate yet my neighbour will prefer to drive 50 minutes to a different church in Area 1 in his old and ailing golf, putting his wife and baby through unnecessary stress.

I thought all the churches preach the same tithe/hellfire/heaven noise ? Why not just walk to the RCCG or Dunamis which are closer and receive same message? Or the god in those churches are different?

2 Likes

Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by paxonel(m): 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
Proximo73:

but the bible says, if you give to a man of God, you will have the reward of a man of God?
the only reward you will get is recognition.
all the promises of you getting blessings and becoming rich over night are all super story or nollywood
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by paxonel(m): 7:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
kevoh:

This part baffles me among you guys. There's a RCCG 30 footsteps away from my gate, a Catholic church just down the street, Dunamis church before you enter the street, Winners at the main entrance of the estate yet my neighbour will prefer to drive 50 minutes to a different church in Area 1 in his old and ailing golf, putting his wife and baby through unnecessary stress.

I thought all the churches preach the same tithe/hellfire/heaven noise ? Why not just walk to the RCCG or Dunamis which are closer and receive same message? Or the god in those churches are different?
i wish we christians will someday have this sense,
Muslims think better. Any mosque is mosque
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by Proximo73: 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
paxonel:

the only reward you will get is recognition.
all the promises of you getting blessings and becoming rich over night are all super story or nollywood
but the believe is that, God has the power to do any miracle, therefore you should expect anything
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by paxonel(m): 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
Proximo73:

but the believe is that, God has the power to do any miracle, therefore you should expect anything
do you have your free will? are you free to decide not to eat rice for dinner but go for plantain instead?
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by Heavenly102: 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
The Church is not the pastor or the church staff or the gathering, it is all the believers in Christ combined look for a church where you do not feel as though she is a separate entity from yourself, find brethren which care about your life and making you a better person, people who you can relate with and share wisdom and advice, rather than being in a place where all the admin cares about is their bottom line.

1 Like

Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by Proximo73: 8:14am On Oct 21, 2015
paxonel:

do you have your free will? are you free to decide not to eat rice for dinner but go for plantain instead?
ofcourse, i have the free will to choose what i want to eat at any given time
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by paxonel(m): 8:21am On Oct 21, 2015
Proximo73:

ofcourse, i have the free will to choose what i want to eat at any given time
Good!
that is how God has his own free will to do whatever he want to do. No pastor or church can control him with their philosophy.
if he says he is not doing miracles again no church or pastor can force him to do
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by paxonel(m): 9:20am On Oct 21, 2015
Heavenly102:
The Church is not the pastor or the church staff or the gathering, it is all the believers in Christ combined look for a church where you do not feel as though she is a separate entity from yourself, find brethren which care about your life and making you a better person, people who you can relate with and share wisdom and advice, rather than being in a place where all the admin cares about is their bottom line.
do the church really care?
you know you can always have social gathering elsewhere?
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by Proximo73: 9:24am On Oct 21, 2015
paxonel:

Good!
that is how God has his own free will to do whatever he want to do. No pastor or church can control him with their philosophy.
if he says he is not doing miracles again no church or pastor can force him to do
But God has never says he is not going to do miracles again.
there are so much signs and wonders currently going on in churches today
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 21, 2015
lets talk about the side effect of not going to church; More time to sleep on Sundays, more savings from your income,better sex on a Sunday morning and more time with the miss/Mrs ,no more urge to satisfy the weekly thirst of money thirsty pastors and enough time to prepare for the week.
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by paxonel(m): 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
Proximo73:

But God has never says he is not going to do miracles again.
there are so much signs and wonders currently going on in churches today
i really do not know whether there are signs and wonders in churches today.
what i see is, a man was poor, tomorrow he becomes rich and buy jeep.
could that be signs and wonders?
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by paxonel(m): 8:18pm On Oct 22, 2015
ifeness:
lets talk about the side effect of not going to church; More time to sleep on Sundays, more savings from your income,better sex on a Sunday morning and more time with the miss/Mrs ,no more urge to satisfy the weekly thirst of money thirsty pastors and enough time to prepare for the week.

lol
these are not side effects at all,
they are all normal activities that can also be done anyday apart from sundays.
You can also go to work on sundays, it's all depend on you
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by HCpaul(m): 9:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
I't's l-a-t-e a;l;r;e;a;d;y. Iw ant tlu go hand sleiep.
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by trapQ: 7:38am On Oct 23, 2015
Self righteousness won't do no good for it is written, "do not forsake the gathering of the brethren."

You complain about how much you're giving to GOD but you forget that HE paid the ultimate prize for us that no amount can't buy. You forget that He gave you all you have today. Count all the blessings he's bestowed on us and see if you can repay even one tenth. Let's not spread heresies as children of GOD.

1 Like

Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by Proximo73: 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2015
paxonel:

i really do not know whether there are signs and wonders in churches today.
what i see is, a man was poor, tomorrow he becomes rich and buy jeep.
could that be signs and wonders?
i know we hardly see the kind of miracles that were performed by the apostles of the old, but i think there are still pastors who are used by God to perform miracles today
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by paxonel(m): 12:17am On Oct 24, 2015
trapQ:
Self righteousness won't do no good for it is written, "do not forsake the gathering of the brethren."

You complain about how much you're giving to GOD but you forget that HE paid the ultimate prize for us that no amount can't buy. You forget that He gave you all you have today. Count all the blessings he's bestowed on us and see if you can repay even one tenth. Let's not spread heresies as children of GOD.
when God paid the ultimate price it was absolutely free. He never demanded anything from anybody,in contrast to pastors reading old testament to threaten church members that if they don't pay 10%, they are rubbing God.
If righteousness is not good why is it called righteousness?
Paul told christians of his generation not forsake the gathering of the brethren that is why it was written in the bible. that is for that generation where pastors were good.
But in this our generation, everybody now know they are church for themselves. That as much as Jesus is lord of the Sabbath, therefore Sabbath cannot always hold us down in buildings called church
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by paxonel(m): 12:23am On Oct 24, 2015
Proximo73:

i know we hardly see the kind of miracles that were performed by the apostles of the old, but i think there are still pastors who are used by God to perform miracles today
why do pastors really need to perform miracles in the first place?
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 24, 2015
Sighs..
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by Proximo73: 5:49am On Oct 24, 2015
paxonel:
why do pastors really need to perform miracles in the first place?
why did Jesus and apostles of the bible performed miracles?
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by Proximo73: 6:10am On Oct 24, 2015
paxonel:

when God paid the ultimate price it was absolutely free. He never demanded anything from anybody,in contrast to pastors reading old testament to threaten church members that if they don't pay 10%, they are rubbing God.
If righteousness is not good why is it called righteousness?
Paul told christians of his generation not forsake the gathering of the brethren that is why it was written in the bible. that is for that generation where pastors were good.
But in this our generation, everybody now know they are church for themselves. That as much as Jesus is lord of the Sabbath, therefore Sabbath cannot always hold us down in buildings called church
you use the term 'hold us down '.as if there are other better alternative place order than church God want christians to stand up and go .
Muslims take their Friday mosque going and prayers seriously . why are christians not doing the same?
to me, a large number of christians are not serious with God and you paxonel is one of them.
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by paxonel(m): 12:11pm On Oct 24, 2015
Proximo73:

why did Jesus and apostles of the bible performed miracles?
so, everything that was done by Jesus and the apostles of bible days should be done by christians of our generation so that people will be attracted to church?
then let pastors go and walk on the sea as Jesus did, or raise people from death as Peter did, let's see.
The question is, why are some kind of miracles performed in bible not possible to be performed today or better still, why are some men call themselves men of God but they have never performed one miracle in their life before? yet they have hundred of thousand followers?
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by paxonel(m): 12:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
Proximo73:

you use the term 'hold us down '.as if there are other better alternative place order than church God want christians to stand up and go .
Muslims take their Friday mosque going and prayers seriously . why are christians not doing the same?
to me, a large number of christians are not serious with God and you paxonel is one of them.
i may not take church seriously but that doesn't mean i do not take God seriously.
By the way, do you want christians to take religion seriously like Muslims? that may end up to disaster.
Look at boko haram now, how they take religion seriously to the extent of killing people. Is that how you want christians to end up?
please don't take church going seriously, you might not control yourself when you are offended.
that was how Peter got offended and cut someone's ear in the bible. He was taking religion seriously rather than taking Jesus seriously.
so, a better alternative over church is love in your heart everywhere you go
Re: Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today by Proximo73: 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
paxonel:

i may not take church seriously but that doesn't mean i do not take God seriously.
By the way, do you want christians to take religion seriously like Muslims? that may end up to disaster.
Look at boko haram now, how they take religion seriously to the extent of killing people. Is that how you want christians to end up?
please don't take church going seriously, you might not control yourself when you are offended.
that was how Peter got offended and cut someone's ear in the bible. He was taking religion seriously rather than taking Jesus seriously.
so, a better alternative over church is love in your heart everywhere you go
you are right!
But i still want to ask, do you pray at all?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Here Are Things You Don't Know About Angel Raphael / Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes / Erdogan Converts Ancient Historical Church To Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.