Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

God Over Everything - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / God Over Everything (405 Views)

Did You Believe God Over Everything?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Over Everything by Pikazo(m): 9:27am On Oct 19, 2015
APOLOGETICS AGAINST AETHIST/AGNOSTICS/PRO-SCIENCE CREATIONIST ETC on instagram(culled from Humans of New York)
They say God does not exist. It is important to keep in perspective that the subject of science/creationism/agnosticism/whatever-other-ism are all philosophies after the fact. i. e the study of phenomenon which predates it. And very often, as a believer of God's word, I find that the scientific research constantly is in a state of stupor and rigmaroll running around in circles until it comes right plumb back to the very position it abandoned-God's word which seemed so foolish at first. I am no disbeliever in science. On the contrary. I just don't trust men so much, no matter how smart. Because if basic questions like predestination, dreams, life, reason and purpose still baffle even the most astute of scientist I can't trust them so much.
Every man believes something- in God, or science or tradition, or in himself. However if what you believe is true or false is an expedition few venture on. It is a worthwhile venture. A ship with a faulty anchor will suffer a shipwreck. I often find many so called unbelievers quick to point fingers at the 'non-existent' God and blame in for all the death and tragedy in the world. But I have never heard them utter a word of appreciation for all the beautiful moments of life they experience. It even happens among religious folks; Who can be found praying in churches when they are in need but never there when their needs are met.

Why do people die? Why do living things die? What gives them life in the first place? What is life to start with? What is it that NASA is searching for on Mars? What is that phenomenon that they keep searching for? What is the difference between a still born child and a healthy baby? What is the difference between a sick man on his death bed inspite of all the life support tools attached to him and the youth whose cells rejuvenate themselves? Why do you plant seed in the ground and it yields fruits for harvest for you to live on and it survived your forefathers right up till this blasphemous generation?

What makes someone ask 200 people for prayers and the person gets a call from a friend... Yet another person may do the same and even more and not get a single call back? You may know probability theory but you can never tell me which numbers will fall on a pair of dice. You cannot tell me who will win a race or a football match. You can only guess. But in the midst of your guessing you have a little octopus in the world cup that chooses teams that will win and it is consistent from start to finish. You will study the octopus as you always do... But you won't acknowledge THAT which is behind it. You will do everything you can to predict the future, but then a little child has a dream at night and warns their family of something dreadful about to happen. And the family escapes. You hear the story, you will study the child. But you will never acknowledge THAT which is behind it. And yet you don't see that you are always one step behind

http://tipsnbits..com

(1) (Reply)

Oh! My Nairaland Of Those Days / Opportunity For Ovc (girl-child) That Needs Education Support / Gas Or Firewood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.