Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) (31488 Views)

More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics / Robber Misses Way After Operation In Lagos, Arrested (pictured) / Gang Takes Nigerian Girls To Dubai, Records Unclad Videos Arrested (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by Islie: 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2015
A fraudster who clone the Facebook accounts of Lagos and Ondo deputy governors to extort money arrested.

Daniel Obasi, could have deployed his ingenuity into some legal means of making money but instead, he decided to go the crooked way by cloning Facebook and e-mail accounts of prominent Nigerians including the deputy governors of Lagos and Ondo States, and this venture has become his undoing as he was arrested by detectives attached to the Ondo State Police Command.

Obasi, who was paraded by the State Commissioner of Police, Mike Ogbodu, was described as a serial hacker, and confessed to cloning Facebook accounts on behalf of very important personalities in the country, including those of Dr Oluranti Idiat Adebule, the deputy governor of Lagos State and her Ondo State counterpart, Alhaji Lasisi Oluboyo and using such accounts to defraud unsuspecting members of the public.

“I am from Imo State, but based in Port Harcourt. Yes, I opened separate accounts of deputy governors. I used the accounts to chat with people on the internet.

I did not hack into their accounts; I only opened new accounts on behalf of them. I used the accounts to communicate with people.

It was frustration that led me into the crime. I was doing cosmetic business before. Someone stole money from my shop and since then, I have engaged in cybercrime.

I have not been long in this business of cybercrime. I have only cloned accounts of Ondo and Lagos states deputy governors.”

The police however, debunked his story, saying that Obasi didn’t only clone accounts but also used to hack into the accounts, using special software and thousands of naira had been paid into his bank accounts through the scam before he was arrested.

He was said to have promised his victims juicy contracts on behalf of the states and urged them to pay the monies into his accounts to facilitate the award of the contracts.

http://pulse.ng/gist/evil-genius-fraudster-who-impersonated-lagos-ondo-deputy-governors-arrested-id4273143.html

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2015
shocked smh
Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by Beedemi247: 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2015
nawa

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by chymystique(f): 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2015
An example of the bad eggs giving the hard working igbos bad name... See how unkempt he is looking... Lazy man

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by ijustdey: 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2015
see his face like a hungry man.... with all the money he has coined some individuals

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by Leyemoshood: 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2015
Everyday for the thief,one day for the owner
Thanks to the Nigeria Police Force

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/4
Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2015

" .......have only cloned accounts of Ondo and Lagos states deputy governors.” Ndigbo sef grin

17 Likes

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by Lovexme(m): 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
Food for the tribal bigots

Name checkers' glee

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2015

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by Sijo01(f): 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
Obasi is from which part of the country, please.
Only fools falls for such cheap crime sha.

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by YerYer: 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
Those who got scammed were greedy companies with the intent of scamming the Nigerian public by paying bribe for lucrative contracts. I have no sympathy for either the victims or the perpetrator.

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by kayo80(m): 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2015
Chai! Look at how hungry the man looks. Are you sure he made any money from the fraudulent move? God help us all. Too much suffering in this country.

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by siraj1402(m): 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2015
Don't tell me the name,I know who he is.

17 Likes

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by kennyman2000(m): 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hmmmm.. Over to the name checkers.

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by superior1: 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2015
I am from Imo State, but based in Port Harcourt

God forgive me for committing NameCheckery

41 Likes

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by princeonx: 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2015
When will God answer my prayer?

Each time I click on crime, drug related, scam topic, I pray make God no let am be my people but at the end the prayer no pass house roof angry

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by madridguy(m): 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
YEEBOS USING THE GOOD NAME OF YORUBA TO COMMIT CRIME SINCE YEAR 1914.

BAD HUSTLER.

34 Likes

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by dayo23(f): 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
I know they are yeebos....Bunch of criminals, in fact we should have listen to oba Akiolu then and end their misery by throwing them into the lagoon.

#Member Names Checkers Association
Moto: In God We trust.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by CR77(f): 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
grin Nairaland is gradually turning me to a tribalist Oo

I was only interested in his name grin

35 Likes

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by itsIYKE(m): 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:
See his face like dried anus.

Another Biafra tout
See F00l.......coming fom a serial rapist and ritualist.........apes of the lower sahara

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by sonnyudoh(m): 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
Why dem arrest am now abeggggggii dey should allow him go abeg anny young upcoming thief should be set free no b person steal 13billion wat is it sef gerrarahea menh shiiii
Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by Miracle4Sure: 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
NANC food is ready
Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by Sweetcollins: 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
See I'm face
Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by Ilekeh(f): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
See his face like dried anus.

Another Biafra tout

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by porrigeyam(m): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
Came to check name grin grin grin cheesy cheesy wink

Awon omo iran ki ran

Spits....liv thread.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by deeprof123: 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
Miracle4Sure:
NANC food is ready
Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by sammyj: 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
He should be stoned to death. Imagine extorting money from gullible Nigerians during this economic doom period. God bless Nigeria !!!
Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by epadomo(m): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
Busted!!!

Chech my signature.
Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by Lovexme(m): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
Sijo01:
Obasi is from which part of the country, please.

No start o
Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by Lilimax(f): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
Chai!
just negodu this man.... undecided

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by NOBODYY: 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
Walks into thread
Checks name
Its one of them again
Shakes head
*walks out slowly*

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
Name Checkers Association

Sabo people again?

Babatunde Martins: Nigerian Living In Ghana Extradited To US To Face Fraud Case / Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Attack Kola Village In Adamawa (Graphic Pics)