Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

My Job Hunting Experience - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Job Hunting Experience (623 Views)

Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today / Facts To Remember While Job Hunting / Should I Sell My Virginity To Retain My Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Job Hunting Experience by Iciclesofblessi(f): 3:40pm On Oct 19, 2015
Last Thursday, 15th October, I visited a private secondary school to apply for a job. On arriving, I met a male teacher and a male student fighting in the school premises. Suddenly, the school was turned into a frenzy. It didn't take long before the the parents of the male student arrived and there were exchange of curse words and threats. I waited patiently for the whole drama to end. When the atmosphere became calm, I approached the lady who had introduced herself as the principal during the course of the fight. I told her what I came for and she asked me to wait somewhere. After hours of waiting she asked me to drop my CV and return on Monday. Today I went there and I was asked to wait from 7:30am to 11am. When she finally came I was called to her office. She told me that her school doesnt need teachers at the moment and she won't be able to pay me. After a moment of negotiation, she told me that the best she can offer me is 7,000 naira per month. Then, she told me I would be taking Computer science, Physics and Biology from SS1 to SS3. When I got to the staffroom, I had to inquire from other teachers and I was told some earn even lesser salaries.
I used to think people were exaggerating it when they quoted teacher's earnings. A graduate earning less than Jamb registration fee.
Is this the future or is there another way out?
Re: My Job Hunting Experience by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 19, 2015
I weep for my country

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunting Experience by Trippledots(m): 4:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
locatioon locationn location..plastic coke in VI doesnt sell the same price as the same plastic coke in mushin......sometimmes all you need to do is to relocate. Realistiicaly speaaking..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

ICT Training and Project Management/Documentation / I Need Help / Career In Aviation Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.