Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,514 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? (1742 Views)

Which of these will you go for?..a yoruba boy vs igbo boy ( Pic ) / Compare And Contrast These Christmas Wishes And Judge For Yourself.(image) / Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by macklef(m): 8:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
I needed a black dope suit for an event. Normaly, i buy my suit on
The island, mandellas to be precise, but due to time constraint i have not had
The time to go and the event was drawing closer.
So, on my way from work on Saturday, i decided to just try out one of this boutique in ikeja, mind u i have had preety ugly experiences in ikeja myself and i was skeptical of even buying eleganza biro there. But i decided to bury the past.

I entered the boutique one by one till i saw what i wanted, it fits my lepa body quite nice, i loved it.
I knew how much it will cost at madellas but being myfirst time on the mainland i had to make sure i had a fair deal.
The price between what i bargained and what he wanted to let go was 4k apart. And i had exactly wat i bargained as my physical cash, since i wanted the suit and he wasnt willing to let go at my bargained price i asked him if he would accompany me to the ATM.

He agreed, followed me, but i developed second thought of actually wasting 4k. I shuu just goto mandellas jareh. So as i slot my card i kept cancelling the transaction at intervals claiming that my bank is not respinding. We got tired, i winned him a little about the amount i had in my hand and told him i will come back on monday to buy it since he dosnt wanna sell at that price.

After i took few steps away, he called me and told me to bring what i have. At that minute my heart sank. I said to myself, hope say no b danshiki this guy package inside this suit o.
I took the risk handed him my bargained price, he told me that he is expecting the 4k balance on Monday. I nodded my head, he said, oga no fail me o, i nodded. He asked for my number, i obliged. He flashed me and saved my digit.
Immediately i got home, i unboxed the suit, check if there was fufu anywhere or dey used ankara
To do the lining. It was perfect yo!!

Today is Monday, he don call me tire, am beginning to have guilty conscience but i keep asking
Myself this question.

Will a random igbo boy sell an item to you, 4k short and actually tell
You to bring it for him even when he has never met you before?
That 4k to me was excess profit.

Pls u guys can help me out here. Did i scam him?

Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by hodusglobal(m): 8:36pm On Oct 19, 2015
Guy, you don already agreed to pay him the balance of N4k...So, you must pay him his money to clean ur hands in the front of our creator...It doesn't concern anyone if he gets much gain on his item...Will he tell anyone on the day he will loss on this same item
?...So, try to call him and apologise that you weren't ur phone since morning...So you will transfer the 4k to his account tomorrow. God Bless us together...Ameen!
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by NnamdiN: 8:39pm On Oct 19, 2015
It would be wrong for you not to keep your own end of the deal...You both agreed to a certain amount, even if you were overcharged by 10k, the fact still remains you agreed to the terms.

This part is quite offensive
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by macklef(m): 8:43pm On Oct 19, 2015
NnamdiN:
It would be wrong for you not to keep your own end of the deal...You both agreed to a certain amount, even if you were overcharged by 10k, the fact still remains you agreed to the terms.

This part is quite offensive
Lol. Omo igbo, ders no need to be deffensive nah. We all know igbo boys would never let go of their profit just like that. They money cautious like that. Its a compliment rather than it being offensive.
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by dyadeleye(m): 8:43pm On Oct 19, 2015
Guy, you need to go back to the boutique and pay the dude.....trust me, you are better than this!...God bless you man.
#OneNaija#
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by macklef(m): 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2015
hodusglobal:
Guy, you don already agreed to pay him the balance of N4k...So, you must pay him his money to clean ur hands in the front of our creator...It doesn't concern anyone if he gets much gain on his item...Will he tell anyone on the day he will loss on this same item
?...So, try to call him and apologise that you weren't ur phone since morning...So you will transfer the 4k to his account tomorrow. God Bless us together...Ameen!
Well, i wasnt emphatic with my response, to me, i thought he just dint want me to go with my moni becos it was ok with him.
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by macklef(m): 8:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
dyadeleye:
Guy, you need to go back to the boutique and pay the dude.....trust me, you are better than this!...God bless you man.
#OneNaija#
Hmmm, na wa o, all of una no even back me up sha. I guess its my bad den.
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by dyadeleye(m): 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2015
macklef:

Hmmm, na wa o, all of una no even back me up sha. I guess its my bad den.
Bruh, we no need support you nah...... The guy might turn out to be your best friend or business partner in the nearest future....let honesty be your watchword bruh...#BlessUp#
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
You've agreed to pay him the balance, you gats keep to your words. They do it here in Aba too, I was surprised as you're too.

Why would someone release goods when the money ain't complete? Could that be trust?
I had to go back and pay the balance but I never fell for that again. If you no want how much I hold for hand, shun am. angry
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by macklef(m): 9:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
dyadeleye:

Bruh, we no need support you nah...... The guy might turn out to be your best friend or business partner in the nearest future....let honesty be your watchword bruh...#BlessUp#
Am a honest person bro, if not i wouldnt have even bothered bout him anymore.
Its just that, for someone who have been duped n scammed in ikeja a part of me is just like,
Console urself with this.
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by dyadeleye(m): 9:16pm On Oct 19, 2015
macklef:

Am a honest person bro, if not i wouldnt have even bothered bout him anymore.
Its just that, for someone who have been duped n scammed in ikeja a part of me is just like,
Console urself with this.
Bruh, I bet you are wiser and you got more experience now....don't dwell on the past ...that's why you got two wonderful things..The present and the future....

1 Like

Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by macklef(m): 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
You've agreed to pay him the balance, you gats keep to your words. They do it here in Aba too, I was surprised as you're too.

Why would someone release goods when the money ain't complete? Could that be trust?
I had to go back and pay the balance but I never fell for that again. If you no want how much I hold for hand, shun am. angry
Lol. Its quite a while mrs kachi, how u doing?
Yh, i felt i made a mistake that day, i shoulda just insisted on monday or bargained price.

Say it again mami, i shuu gwan complete the cash bah? smiley
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by Truckpusher(m): 9:19pm On Oct 19, 2015
macklef:
I needed a black dope suit for an event. Normaly, i buy my suit on
The island, mandellas to be precise, but due to time constraint i have not had
The time to go and the event was drawing closer.
So, on my way from work on Saturday, i decided to just try out one of this boutique in ikeja, mind u i have had preety ugly experiences in ikeja myself and i was skeptical of even buying eleganza biro there. But i decided to bury the past.

I entered the boutique one by one till i saw what i wanted, it fits my lepa body quite nice, i loved it.
I knew how much it will cost at madellas but being myfirst time on the mainland i had to make sure i had a fair deal.
The price between what i bargained and what he wanted to let go was 4k apart. And i had exactly wat i bargained as my physical cash, since i wanted the suit and he wasnt willing to let go at my bargained price i asked him if he would accompany me to the ATM.

He agreed, followed me, but i developed second thought of actually wasting 4k. I shuu just goto mandellas jareh. So as i slot my card i kept cancelling the transaction at intervals claiming that my bank is not respinding. We got tired, i winned him a little about the amount i had in my hand and told him i will come back on monday to buy it since he dosnt wanna sell at that price.

After i took few steps away, he called me and told me to bring what i have. At that minute my heart sank. I said to myself, hope say no b danshiki this guy package inside this suit o.
I took the risk handed him my bargained price, he told me that he is expecting the 4k balance on Monday. I nodded my head, he said, oga no fail me o, i nodded. He asked for my number, i obliged. He flashed me and saved my digit.
Immediately i got home, i unboxed the suit, check if there was fufu anywhere or dey used ankara
To do the lining. It was perfect yo!!

Today is Monday, he don call me tire, am beginning to have guilty conscience but i keep asking
Myself this question.

Pls u guys can help me out here. Did i scam him?
Igbos do that a lot and once you've gained their trust they will sell anything to you irrespective of how much - Just make sure you keep to your own end of the bargain .

I personally keep those kind of customers close because you can never tell when you'll need them most and it does happen sometimes.

I jealous the Igbo man's spirit when it comes to doing business - If they trust you, access your worth , they will deliver goods to your house even if you're hundreds of miles away and this what I call being serious minded in business.You've got to take your opportunities and keep your big and serious customers satisfied whenever they come calling.
Go give him back his balance and pave way for another lekpa like you abeg. grin
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by NnamdiN: 9:19pm On Oct 19, 2015
macklef:
Lol. Omo igbo, ders no need to be deffensive nah. We all know igbo boys would never let go of their profit just like that. They money cautious like that. Its a compliment rather than it being offensive.
ok I get you now...
well, personally I can let go off the profit on a bad day wink dude could have been having a bad day
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by Truckpusher(m): 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

He should have been very sincere to the trader that he can't afford to pay more than that.
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by MissSlimbody(f): 9:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
Yes, you did.
You agreed to balance up despite its 4k "excess profit"
So, do as you've promised

Even if na 15k excess profit, agreement na agreement.
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by macklef(m): 9:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
Igbos do that a lot and once you've gained their trust they will sell anything to you irrespective of how much - Just make sure you keep to your own end of the bargain .

I personally keep those kind of customers close because you can never tell when you'll need them most and it does happen sometimes.

I jealous the Igbo man's spirit when it comes to doing business - If they trust you, access your worth , they will deliver goods to your house even if you're hundreds of miles away and this what I call being serious minded in business.You've got to take your opportunities and keep your big and serious customers satisfied whenever they come calling.
Really, im learning new things bout igbo boys toady. So they really do this? But thats too much risk na. If actually thier profit is in it
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by macklef(m): 9:29pm On Oct 19, 2015
NnamdiN:
ok I get you now...
well, personally I can let go off the profit on a bad day wink dude could have been having a bad day

Hmmmmm.
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by Truckpusher(m): 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2015
macklef:

Really, im learning new things bout igbo boys toady. So they really do this? But thats too much risk na. If actually thier profit is in it
Of course they do it a lot all you need is to have their trust and you must be worth it.
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
He should have been very sincere to the trader that he can't afford to pay more than that.

Exactly! Sometimes ehn, one finds it difficult to let go of certain items. Na wetin dey cause this kind thing...
I had to discipline myself.

macklef:

Lol. Its quite a while mrs kachi, how u doing?
Yh, i felt i made a mistake that day, i shoulda just insisted on monday or bargained price.

Say it again mami, i shuu gwan complete the cash bah? smiley
I dey o.

Next time insist on how much you have at hand. Me sef, I can't give my all o, I must be left with like 1k. I think they have a way of accessing your worth and honesty level_lols. Once they certify you okay, they release the goods.

GO AND PAY Ooooo.
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by Deejavuu(f): 2:07am On Oct 20, 2015
Truckpusher:

Yeah, thier business spirit i don't know where they got it. How they're able to trust a stranger beatsme, maybe they believe "you win some you lose some ". Op please go back and fulfil your promise and your conscience will be at rest..

cheesy grin grin cheesy i dey tell you.
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by Truckpusher(m): 2:16am On Oct 20, 2015
Deejavuu:

Yeah, their business spirit i don't know where they got it. How they're able to trust a stranger beats me, maybe they believe "you win some you lose some ". Op please go back and fulfil your promise and your conscience will be at rest..

You can only make use of such gestures when honest people pay up and everybody is happy and it becomes a win-win situation for everyone and this is how we can move an economy such as ours forward without people losing their sanity. grin
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by Deejavuu(f): 2:18am On Oct 20, 2015
Truckpusher:
You can only make use of such gestures when honest people pay up and everybody is happy and it becomes a win-win situation for everyone and this is how we can move an economy such as ours forward without people losing their sanity. grin

"Gbamest" grin
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by Truckpusher(m): 2:25am On Oct 20, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Exactly! Sometimes ehn, one finds it difficult to let go of certain items. Na wetin dey cause this kind thing...

It depends on the individual and the importance of the item to your personal or business use.

If you're into businesses where wear and tear can easily creep in and put a stop to your operations when you're thousands of miles away or cash trapped you really need to have these kind of value and access and always ensure to keep this kind of relationship in every businesses you run into.

Imagine your factory machine wearing out when you've reinvested your major capital into something else or customers that took delivery hasn't responded due to some official bottleneck - I can bet you that you wouldn't want to wait for them to pay up before acquiring a new part for your machine ,you've got to run back to your supplier pick them up and keep business afloat for the main time and this is applicable to even items for personal use too depending on some other factors.This is where I have respect for these guys.

They are real business men.
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by Truckpusher(m): 2:26am On Oct 20, 2015
Deejavuu:

"Gbamest" grin
You no dey sleep? cheesy
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by macklef(m): 6:39am On Oct 20, 2015
Deejavuu:

Yeah, thier business spirit i don't know where they got it. How they're able to trust a stranger beatsme, maybe they believe "you win some you lose some ". Op please go back and fulfil your promise and your conscience will be at rest..

With all the go and pay i got here yesterday, aswear it wasnt wat i was expecting to hear.
I couldn't sleep tight i keep wandering if the guy will appear in my dream n flog me mercilessly.
I wee go n pay sad
Re: Pls Judge Me, Did I Scam An Igbo Boy? by macklef(m): 6:42am On Oct 20, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

I dey o.

Next time insist on how much you have at hand. Me sef, I can't give my all o, I must be left with like 1k. I think they have a way of accessing your worth and honesty level_lols. Once they certify you okay, they release the goods.

GO AND PAY Ooooo.

The master shopper has adviced me, i haff hear oooo. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Flood In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State / Cheating Electric Energy Meter For Energy Savings / Pastor Chibuzor Chiyere Of OPM Weds Two More Repentant Sex Workers. Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.