Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,179 members, 7,957,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:08 PM

What Do You Think? - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / What Do You Think? (10006 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think? by Kemjisuper(m): 1:24pm On Sep 23, 2009
seunnaija:

though i have to say i fully agree with gamine.when i read the intro to the post i was expecting some jeff finley ishe.but no problm .people get better faster than you expect.anyways bigups

I think its always ok to give someone a lil credit once in a while when he does something worth encouragment. But Gamine's own is just too much. Follow my threads and you'll see what I mean.
Re: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2009
well i agree but with recent discovery and following her threads and blog and deviant art account.i see taht she's more cirtic than a practioner which is good cause really she's doing her job, keepn people in check of reality, lik i wouldn't lie flagship when i saw ur stuff i wanted to type the samething gamine did minus the kemji part but i restrained coz ma don really enjoy controversy like thet.but thats the fun of an art or graphics forum cause artists are very very critical.whether digital or not, but as for u and gamine .lol.i dont kno she seems to enjoy taking a wipe at you sha, lol
Re: What Do You Think? by Kemjisuper(m): 1:58pm On Sep 23, 2009
Gamine's own boils down to personal beef! Maybe its an obsession with Kemjisuper, it's just creepy! This isn't even my thread in the first place.

@Topic
My apologies for this little diversion. Pls keep doing your thing! Cheers
Re: What Do You Think? by Gamine(f): 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2009
The thing about Kemji is,

The dude is proud, and he hasnt improved one inch
since he started posting here.

Obsession, you wish.

@Seunnaija, i have never claimed to be 'badass'
i know where my strengths lie and kemji doesnt have a prayer there.
im also studying Design, cos i want to teach it. if i have to become a critic,
so be it.
Which blog/deviant account did u see sef undecided
Re: What Do You Think? by Kemjisuper(m): 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2009
So typical of girls, they're experts in smelling pride even through different IP adresses undecided
Re: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2009
"obsession" lmao grin

@ gamine , some, teanniblogspot .if i can remeber,
i can't rember what dev account it was sha but it was yours i guess

not lik am stalkn you oo, lol, i just stumbld on it somehow,
Re: What Do You Think? by Gamine(f): 2:31pm On Sep 23, 2009
@Seunnaija

stumbler indeed!
Re: What Do You Think? by Kemjisuper(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2009
@Seunnaija
You don find trouble so!
Re: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2009
he he he, well na u ask for story.well , am fond of typing nigeria artists on the search engine on deviantart, vimeo, youtube or any resource website so on one of those days .mo ri e, i hadnt evn joined nairaland by then so i bookmarked it, then i saw similar posts whn i joined nairaland and put two and two together, chek the accout ids nd i confirmd .
Re: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2009
same goes for sme other people for this website,
Re: What Do You Think? by Gamine(f): 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2009
lol

ok ok
Re: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2009
phew.i just averted disaster , lol
Re: What Do You Think? by Kemjisuper(m): 3:26pm On Sep 23, 2009
seunnaija:

phew.i just averted disaster , lol
You're one lucky dude. Me I'm still stuck here in need of a pesticide or an ex-Gamine-ator! undecided
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 6:10pm On Oct 09, 2009
at last i have perfected that bloody boutique logo.now i can rest in peace,no pun intended.

Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2009
i also used this opp to give myself a slogan

Re: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2009
one word, text management ( is that one word?} .lol
Re: What Do You Think? by Aseye(m): 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2009
i really dont know what u guys have had in d past but really, following u guys thread was just like a movie involving various actors

@flagship ur designs are cool but could always get better, for ur flagship logo, i think d version without d spiral lines is better because it speaks simplicity and creativity but with d lines now, its actually speaking anoda language, dts my own view,
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 12:07am On Nov 01, 2009
my newest art below.shoot!

Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2009
well where did the commendations and criticisms go?
Re: What Do You Think? by LeximumXII(m): 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2009
Flagship, following your work, I've come to believe that its only a matter of time. There's no stagnation. You're getting better and the only way to do so is not to get satisfied that's why you should appreciate critics like Gamine. She'd produce great students but a little compliment now and then wouldn't hurt either. Progress was never made by men who were complimented but by men who got angry from criticism. I appreciate you. with time, you'd rank as one of the best if you accept your critics and realize they only seek your perfection and not accept mediocrity
Re: What Do You Think? by alexxie(m): 8:18pm On Nov 15, 2009
Wat about this guyz in the house

Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
@ LeximumXII
                 wow, cheesy that was a moving speech. i really appreciate it.
Re: What Do You Think? by jite(f): 11:56am On Nov 19, 2009
@post. You are good. Hv u done anytin in coreldraw? Wld like 2 see them. Its d basic package i use. I like ur vibe-d nid to improve. I've kinda stagnated ova d past mnth. I fil challenged. Tanx
Re: What Do You Think? by jite(f): 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2009
Ps: i hv done a lot of designs. Evrytin from cd jackets to posters to biz cards. Hope tiz ok 2 post 'em
Re: What Do You Think? by LeximumXII(m): 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2009
@ flagship wink Cool dude, real cool
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 9:35pm On Nov 21, 2009
for the past week i have been intensely studying illustrator myself in my urge to produce somr=ething good.
few days ago i just woke up and had the unction to take my room mates 3320 and design from scratch. here,
ladies and gentlemen is the result of a cummulative 2.5 hours of work that was totally new to me. am so thanking
God and feeling myself right now, this is of course a vector art work. i am havery happy because i know i have improved
tremendiously and am going places. am working on a personal site from which i will begin giving basic tutorials.
to all you aspiring graphic designers out there, this is a testament to zeal and prayer. ave been looking around for things to draw all
all the time in illustrator.

the work before is made almost entirely using the gradient tool. the did the other views a day after the first.
you guys cannnot understand how i feel right now for the simple
reason that words are inadequate to do describe. i hope you will all be there with me in the near future when
flagshiparts becomes a household name in media. out.

God Rocks!

Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2009
addendum
sorry, guys that phone is a 5530 my room mate cleared it up the moment i posted.

@ jite
by the way i use illustrator which is the adobe version of corel draw x4. i use this particular
application because reviews say it is a lil bit more versatile than corel draw. but please dont let that
put you down because i have seen marvellous works of art in corel draw. i simply dnt like
the interface of that program. by the way the artwork is vector and is thus scalable to any
possible dimension.we can have some health competition if you have faith in what you do.just take it
for granted that we are both using corel draw.

@ y'all

BELOW is a vector version of my room mate's head set i made on the same day as the phone.
herre i was testing my new found proficiency at the gradient tool. tis actually my first
true art work ,i mean for it to be like an icon sort of thing.

OTHER LOGO below i made for the graduating accounting class of my university. my genius(really!) of a room mate gave
me the concept. the 2010 is the year they will leave and the fact that i wrote it as 20.10 denote a universal
currency value of some kind with no restrictions to $,£ or =N= or any other of such.

it has been a beautiful weekend. hope my new streak never ends.

@ gamine
if you are reading this, i would like for you to contact me. i hear you are a teacher or student of design
or something of that sort. i even hear you have a deviant art account. i respect those dudes most of all in
the world of design especially kronus. would like to rub minds with you and see what i can learn(or impart,right?).
my number is 08067522553 and my email is martinekwe@yahoo.com
i will be waiting.

out.

Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2009
Well,am waiting.
Re: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 24, 2009
cool flagship, just u need a bit of advice i got a few years ago from a colleague at work, using illustrator is supposed to define a cartoonish yet realistic vector of your art i.e you should make your vectors less realistic and use less or more gradients in ur vectors depending on ur style as this kind of brings that wow factor to your art, instead of the " it looks real" reaction you'll probably get from people, just that i can't help but say u'r getting better,

@ alexxie , is it me u'r getting betta with each post.
Re: What Do You Think? by Kemjisuper(m): 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2009
@flagship
Nice works, and nice improvement in all round graphics too.

Now quit trying to kiss Gamine ass and keep doing your thing. Posting her your email and phone number just seems needy. I'm not sure you wanna hear her side of your story undecided

Cheers cool
Re: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 24, 2009
loll
Re: What Do You Think? by flagship(m): 2:52pm On Dec 13, 2009
christ! cant think of anything to design. what blood designer's bloc. actually this is a ploy to get my post on top

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

13 Ways Designers Screw Up Client Presentations / Certificate Design Portfolio / Creativity: See What A Nigerian Made With A Water Melon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.