Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Christians Should Stop Painting God Black. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Should Stop Painting God Black. (899 Views)

Christian Dressing: Is There A Model Way Christians Should Dress? / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis / Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Should Stop Painting God Black. by Princewell2012(m): 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hello viewers.

Christians should stop painting God black.

I asked my wife what could your daughter Favour do to you that could warrant you put her inside a burning fire lest say for six hours but she was speechless.

If you which is evil and wicked could not be able to do it for six hours, so you re expecting God who is righteous and merciful to do it for 1 billion years

Hmmmm, then it simply means we are more righteous and merciful than God,right?

Peter asked Jesus is it good for one to forgive his brother upto seven times?

Jesus said to him i did not say seven times but seventy times seven. which is 490 times.

me and you knows there is no way we could offend our brothers upto such time but he is simply talking about forgiveness at all times.

And he also lived by example, when he asked God to forgive those that killed him.

Again God who because of love send his only begotten son to died for us will now send me to everlasting life in hellfire because i plaited my hair or commited one sins or the other.

The bible says the wages of sin is dead while the fruit of righteousness is everlasting life.

That is what we should be preaching and not telling them how they will be roasted in a fire if they offend God.

And such preaching is not the good news that Jesus gave us.

we should be endeavour to preach the good news for that is the power of salvation.

There is nothing anybody could do to me that will make me to wish him hellfire even for 24 hrs.
Re: Christians Should Stop Painting God Black. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hell doesn't exist neither does heaven or a god. Forgiving someone will only keep you out of trouble,nothing special about it.

Good morals have always existed long before Christianity. We should encourage people to be nice not for rewards but because it puts humanity and our society in a better position for harmony.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Should Stop Painting God Black. by Princewell2012(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2015
ifeness:
Hell doesn't exist neither does heaven or a god. Forgiving someone will only keep you out of trouble,nothing special about it.

Good morals have always existed long before Christianity. We should encourage people to me nice not for rewards but because it puts humanity and our society in a better position for harmony.

I do not agree with you.

We are two different persons, you do not believe in God while I believe in God. Therefore i can not waste my precious time arguing with you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Should Stop Painting God Black. by menesheh(m): 3:27pm On Oct 20, 2015
Princewell2012:

I do not agree with you.

We are two different persons, you do not believe in God while I believe in God. Therefore i can not waste my precious time arguing with you.

That you are busy defending god the creator of this complex universe, you, one of the tiniest nano particle in comparison with the vast universe, makes your god a product of con bronze age men.

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Stop Painting God Black. by plappville(f): 3:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
Princewell2012:
Hello viewers.

Christians should stop painting God black.

I asked my wife what could your daughter Favour do to you that could warrant you put her inside a burning fire lest say for six hours but she was speechless.

If you which is evil and wicked could not be able to do it for six hours, so you re expecting God who is righteous and merciful to do it for 1 billion years

Hmmmm, then it simply means we are more righteous and merciful than God,right?

Peter asked Jesus is it good for one to forgive his brother upto seven times?

Jesus said to him i did not say seven times but seventy times seven. which is 490 times.

me and you knows there is no way we could offend our brothers upto such time but he is simply talking about forgiveness at all times.

And he also lived by example, when he asked God to forgive those that killed him.

Again God who because of love send his only begotten son to died for us will now send me to everlasting life in hellfire because i plaited my hair or commited one sins or the other.

The bible says the wages of sin is dead while the fruit of righteousness is everlasting life.

That is what we should be preaching and not telling them how they will be roasted in a fire if they offend God.

And such preaching is not the good news that Jesus gave us.

we should be endeavour to preach the good news for that is the power of salvation.

There is nothing anybody could do to me that will make me to wish him hellfire even for 24 hrs.

Nice one bro.

I personally dont believe in the hell fire piece. Pastors who use this to win souls are doing the wrong thing. When you accept Christ out of fear, you will definately backslide easily at a point of time. The bible says we should preach the "good news" not bad news.
Yes we should also tell the truth about the outcome of rejecting the good news. But Hell fire is not the punishment. But death.

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Stop Painting God Black. by plappville(f): 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2015
ifeness:
Hell doesn't exist neither does heaven or a god.

That is to you...

Forgiving someone will only keep you out of trouble,nothing special about it.

True talk!

Good morals have always existed long before Christianity.

Your prove?

We should encourage people to me nice not for rewards but because it puts humanity and our society in a better position for harmony.

Agree with you here.
Re: Christians Should Stop Painting God Black. by johnydon22(m): 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2015
[b]

Ironically people it doesn't work that way, If you pick any part of the scripture you want to believe and discard the others, then it is not really the scriptures you believe but yourself..

-A christian who do not believe in Hell fire shows one whose independent moral standards goes against such barbarism.

- A christian who do not believe in hell fire is one who thinks Both the Bible and God got it all wrong..

-A chistian who do not believe in hell fire is one who finds the concept a very disturbing, sadistic and barbaric one..

- A christian who do not believe in hell is one who cherry picks what they want to believe in God as revealed by the bible and so is one who choose to substitute his sacred text with what he feels is right..

-How can you be a Christian and still think God and the bible got it all wrong

If you are a Christian and you don't believe in Hell fire as postulated by your sacred book then surely it is evident enough that You have a much saner and better independent moral standard than both your holy book and the God it professes..
[/b]

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Should Stop Painting God Black. by Anas09: 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2015
And where are ur scriptural backups?
God is the God of Mercy, and of Justice. And, God does not send anyone to hell, you choose hell by rejecting paradise.
So you think u can live the life God gave you as u like, and think u won't account for ur actions.
Dear, there are consequences for ur actions. If u don't like it, go and create ur own world, satan tried, ask him how he ended.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Should Stop Painting God Black. by johnydon22(m): 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2015
plappville:

Your prove?
[b]

One thing i find remarkable about Christians is how naive they can be about their own religion and the world around them..

so you think MORALITY began 2000years ago with Christianity?

Well don't even read the bible because the 10 commandment moral code is enough to show you morality was there thousands of years before Christianity..

Now let me list out for you moral codes that was written thousands of years before the 10commandments even and some is even said to have influenced it..

Code of Uruk

Cuneiform laws.

Code of Ur-Narmun.

Code of Heshunna

Egyptian Maat

Babylonian Hanurabi code

lipit- Ishtah code

Code of Nesillim

Code of Assura...

Let me stop here for now. . . Morality is a product of human society.. Human ethics developed as a result of humans coming together as communities.

Since humans became social beings and came together in communities there was need for favourable mutual interactions and that was the origin of human morality..

Let me not hear you ask someone proof again that morality didn't start with Christianity, honestly speaking it is shameful to ask such...
[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Should Stop Painting God Black. by Princewell2012(m): 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]

Ironically people it doesn't work that way, If you pick any part of the scripture you want to believe and discard the others, then it is not really the scriptures you believe but yourself..

-A christian who do not believe in Hell fire shows one whose independent moral standards goes against such barbarism.

- A christian who do not believe in hell fire is one who thinks Both the Bible and God got it all wrong..

-A chistian who do not believe in hell fire is one who finds the concept a very disturbing, sadistic and barbaric one..

- A christian who do not believe in hell is one who cherry picks what they want to believe in God as revealed by the bible and so is one who choose to substitute his sacred text with what he feels is right..

-How can you be a Christian and still think God and the bible got it all wrong

If you are a Christian and you don't believe in Hell fire as postulated by your sacred book then surely it is evident enough that You have a much saner and better independent moral standard than both your holy book and the God it professes..
[/b]

Hmmmm i think you got it wrong, am not defending God in anyway but just to correct some a normality.

Our understanding of hell differs that's where the problem began.

Imagine someone saying that hell will be cast into hellfire so cant you see the comfusion? Now do you know how many years these earth has been before the comming of Jesus?

Why did the prophets of God not warn men about hellfire? they only talk about being righteous and then live a long live.

So what will happen to those living then who did not know christ since christ is the only way to heaven.

My massage is that the consequence of sin is death and not hellfire why the fruit of righteousness is everlasting life.

Man is trying to paint God as a wicked being... just like a king who tell a woman....

I love you so much and i want you to Marry me and i will divide my kingdom into two and give you one part but if you refuse to comply and marry me i will cast you into the Deans of loin.

Haba what kind of love and relationship is that

Thats exactly what these people are saying about God.

These young girl who refuse to marry the king is the one who looses a lot, one, she is going to live with the king in his palace and enjoy every other things..even half of his kingdom then otherwise the parents of these girl will never forgive her...

So these is applicable to God man were created to live forever but sin cut him off.

But Jesus came that will might have that live we lost in the garden again even having it abundantly in heaven. That's the good news.

So who ever rejected him will perish.

perish here means to be destroyed, eliminated, cut off, die, and will never exist again.

Any day you will eat of these fruit you will die.. dust thou are and to dust you will return. SIMPLE.

But those who will embrace Jesus will live for ever.

my brother these is the good news and that is what every preachers should be preaching and not the opposite.

Believe me the devil will be glad to hear these gospel of eternal damnation in hell fire.

THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN THAT SERMON WILL BE THE ONES THAT WILL GO THERE.

BUT TO ME NOTHING LIKE THAT IS IN MY DICTIONARY.

THE ONLY THING THAT IS IN MY DICTIONARY IS EVERLASTING LIFE, AND THAT'S MY GOSPEL AND THAT'S WHAT I PREACHES.

So Mr John our understanding of the holy scriptures is the beginning of wisdom.

your lack of understanding of it make you turn yourself to atheist and that's where you got it totally wrong.

So i advice you to re-read it again and allow someone to guild you even the holy spirit

Remain blessed..

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Stop Painting God Black. by Princewell2012(m): 11:57am On Oct 22, 2015
In conclusion.

God's mercy is greater than his judgement.
Re: Christians Should Stop Painting God Black. by trapQ: 12:17am On Oct 23, 2015
Bless you sister!!
Anas09:
God is the God of Mercy, and of Justice. And, God does not send anyone to hell, you choose hell by rejecting paradise.
So you think u can live the life God gave you as u like, and think u won't account for ur actions.
Dear, there are consequences for ur actions. If u don't like it, go and create ur own world, satan tried, ask him how he ended.
Re: Christians Should Stop Painting God Black. by Princewell2012(m): 8:57am On Oct 23, 2015
Anas09:

(1) (Reply)

What An Occultist Said About The Worship Of Mary / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/12/15 / Seeds Of Destiny (daily Devotional Guide) By Dr. (pastor) Paul Enenche.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.