Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,970 members, 7,956,627 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:46 PM

Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 (21291 Views)

NNPC Signs Contract For $2.8bn Ajaokuta-kaduna-kano Pipeline Project / Vincent Enyeama Agrees To Return To Super Eagles / N33 Nitric Oxide Yogurt Makes An Excellent Addition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by Idrismusty97(m): 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
Nigeria should annex Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by deucelaw: 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
Am concerned that Gas pipes runs through Benin and Togo to Ghana without considerable interference. In Nigeria, there is always sabotage. How did WAGPO secure this pipes?.......

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by enigma2007(m): 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2015
islandmoon:
cry cry cry cry crythey are our true brothers, we love them! lets be our brothers keepers, so many Nigerians are there earning, afterall Ghana has treated us better than South Africa! we should encourage them, they are our true black brothers cry cry cry cry this is shameful!! cry cry cry

I dont think you understand how to run a business.
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by nwigwemark: 4:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
I hope their economy will not collapse after paying this debt

1 Like

Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by iamord(m): 5:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
menxer:
What irony, Ghana celebrated constant electricity supply while running the gas plants on credit. grin
Mr it was not on gas credit. You can't give what you don't have.. Ghana aksombo dam has the capacity to even supply the whole West Africa. But the water level dropped. even Kainji dam was affected. And there was delay in the building of the gas plants. Vet don't worry Ghana is coming back

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by iamord(m): 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2015
maestroz:
with this development, EFCC should arrest Ghana's president and try him for corruption and failure to remit the stated funds as at when due without delay.
see this fool
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by bummyla(m): 5:12pm On Oct 21, 2015
So now Ghana don dey play us 419! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
BuraCanisAsss over to you! grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by iamord(m): 5:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
Olayinka8793:
This is painful to me,a country that is yet to achieve stable power supply can boast of exporting gas to another country to enabled them have stable power supply,not just Ghana alone but also Benin republic.
Like seriously? Nigeria and Nigerians should come first.
Nonsense.
I don't want to sound harsh but, the truth is that a lot of Nigerians are ignorant. Of even affairs that goes in in their country. The gas that Nigeria makes within is enough to give considerable amount of light. The gas being flared can even do a lot. While Nigeria has the gas it is riddled with corruption and insecurity in the system. and a weak and disorganised power system that can't handle a large out put. This has nothing to do with Ghana or the other West African nations. Not saying that others don't have issues. But the problems I expect you guys to complain of you won't. The pipeline from Nigeria looks very unsafe and prone to attacks. But from the part that leads from Benin Republic you will see the difference. How clean the surrounding around it is kept. Military presence at every meter and citizens not greedy or too desperate to break it.

You don't need billions to build a system and be organised

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by wink2015(m): 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2015
[size=20pt]Thank God Ghana saved that money for us. One could imagine what could have happen if that N33.8b gas debt had been paid to President Jonathan and his pdp government.

They would have shared that money to themselves ( President Jonathan and his loyalist ) and Ngozi Okonji Iweala and Deziani will be given us primary school statistics to deceive innocent Nigerian.

[/size]
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by fejikudz(m): 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
iamord:

I don't want to sound harsh but, the truth is that a lot of Nigerians are ignorant. Of even affairs that goes in in their country. The gas that Nigeria makes within is enough to give considerable amount of light. The gas being flared can even do a lot. While Nigeria has the gas it is riddled with corruption and insecurity in the system. and a weak and disorganised power system that can't handle a large out put. This has nothing to do with Ghana or the other West African nations. Not saying that others don't have issues. But the problems I expect you guys to complain of you won't. The pipeline from Nigeria looks very unsafe and prone to attacks. But from the part that leads from Benin Republic you will see the difference. How clean the surrounding around it is kept. Military presence at every meter and citizens not greedy or too desperate to break it.

brilliant explanation. Thumbs up
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
onosprince:
Abeg that date too far... Ghanaians go dey maltreat us for here and dem dey owe us... any ghana man way go talk to me anyhow from today I go use slap take remind am of the money way dem dey owe us.

Leave them I dey find those fools wey dey make noise hia.....131mill make dem cut am!!!
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
iamord:
Mr it was not on gas credit. You can't give what you don't have.. Ghana aksombo dam has the capacity to even supply the whole West Africa. But the water level dropped. even Kainji dam was affected. And there was delay in the building of the gas plants. Vet don't worry Ghana is coming back

Wtf are you saying .........ur government owe let em pay up don't you knw gas powers akosombo turbines ....coming back were Nigga hush
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by iamord(m): 5:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
omusiliyu:
can't we give them...

at least people are saying that Nigeria is Developing country... and Ghana is underdeveloped.

just saying
omusiliyu:
can't we give them...

at least people are saying that Nigeria is Developing country... and Ghana is underdeveloped.

just saying
Bro you and those people are ignorant. Ghana and nigeria are both developing nations. Middle income, and Around the fastest growing economies in the world. Ghana is a regional neighbour..but still we still have so many misconceptions , like we get news from a village town crier.. It's shameful to hear westerners even know more than us in our region
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by achimotan(m): 5:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
wallace83:

Leave them I dey find those fools wey dey make noise hia.....131mill make dem cut am!!!

See this mumu. So who were u deceiving when u claimed to hail from the volta region of Ghana and even put a phone number here?
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by billyG(m): 5:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
Sai Buhari!If na d otuokeian dey power now d money fon enter voicemail or somebody private account.
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by Baeyel: 5:43pm On Oct 21, 2015
Ghana has enough money to pay for gas supplied frm naija. The problem is that our last four presidents all bear the name JOOOOOHN. The cedi is currently a JOOOOHN as compared all other major currencies. Anyway i hope nigerians make good use of the money when it is paid.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
achimotan:

See this mumu. So who were u deceiving when u claimed to hail from the volta region of Ghana and even put a phone number here?

Insults again.....this time I'm not gonna drag my self down to ur level...mahama and his ndc party should pay up....
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by achimotan(m): 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2015
wallace83:

Insults again.....this time I'm not gonna drag my self down to ur level...mahama and his ndc party should pay up....

Which level?Have you forgotten you were the first to insult. Nonsense
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by eyinjuege: 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
Richie0974:
They're giving us time on our own money?? undecided

Before nko?, na small small dem go dey pay am na. Everybody na debtor including Naija. Even many NLers are debtors sef grin grin
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
[quote author=achimotan post=39212922]

Which level?Have you forgotten you were the first to insult. Nonsense

Abi una talk say Ghana better pass Nigerian....tor bah komi....I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by islandmoon: 5:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
enigma2007:

You be igbo man? Bro everything is not all about money
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by iamord(m): 5:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
wallace83:

Wtf are you saying .........ur government owe let em pay up don't you knw gas powers akosombo turbines ....coming back were Nigga hush

no u should hush. I know u guys always want to hear something negative. Your money will be completed by February so don't tell me poo. The West Africa pipeline was commissioned 2006 since then the receivers have never had the agreed amount of gas to be allocated to them. And before 06 Ghana had enjoyed considerably stable light. Now u will tell me if Nigeria had an imaginary gas pipeline by then supplying akosombo. I doubt u know the history behind akosombo else u won't be saying this

1 Like

Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by iamord(m): 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
fejikudz:
brilliant explanation. Thumbs up
Thank u
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by islandmoon: 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
enigma2007:

Then , go and collect the benjamin and bring it to me
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by islandmoon: 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
iamord:

no u should hush. I know u guys always want to hear something negative. Your money will be completed by February so don't tell me poo. The West Africa pipeline was commissioned 2006 since then the receivers have never had the agreed amount of gas to be allocated to them. And before 06 Ghana had enjoyed considerably stable light. Now u will tell me if Nigeria had an imaginary gas pipeline by then supplying akosombo. I doubt u know the history behind akosombo else u won't be saying this

So who are you? Ghanian president?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by ceejay80s(m): 6:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
Where ghana wan see dis kind money? Na wa o
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by Olayinka8793(m): 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2015
iamord:

sorry bro,what is your nationality pls?
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by iamord(m): 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
Olayinka8793:
sorry bro,what is your nationality pls?
is it really important? Is that the yard stick you will use to judge my post?
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by enigma2007(m): 7:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
islandmoon:

You be igbo man? Bro everything is not all about money

I am not igbo. However, from an economic point of view, it doesnt make sense not to collect the money. They are using the power that we are giving them to make further cash hence they need to pay up. So its a win-win for us both
Re: Ghana Agrees To Pay N33.8bn Gas Debt Owed Nigeria By Feb. 2016 by V0lv0(f): 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
wallace83:

Yet you still pretending to be a Ghanaian abi? Gerroutahere grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Welcome To 2014 / Man Fights Fuel Attendant At Oando Filling Station Over N30 Change (photo) / Nigerian Navy (NN) DSSC Past Questions And Solved Answers For Recruitment Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.