Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Nigerians Don't Know how To Be Friends. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians Don't Know how To Be Friends. (647 Views)

What You Don't Know About Seun Osewa (founder Of Nairaland. / So Sorry! Can We Still Be Friends Please?! / Some Disturbing Facts You Probably Don't Know About DEATH. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Don't Know how To Be Friends. by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 21, 2015
I am writing this with a heavy heart because my so call friends are huge disappointment to me,physically and online.

It's a long story but I'll try to make it short as possible.Some years ago I opened a Facebook account for myself to share pictures with families,my mom and sisters especially,I posted my wedding photos,people were liking them and congratulating us,before I knew it,friend requests were coming in from people that I knew many many years ago and from people that I never met before.My wife being an European said no do not accept people that you don't know,guess what?I went against her wish and accepted all.

Few days later many started writing on my wall,Thanking me for accepting them,I felt satisfied,months later many help requests started rolling in from school fees,hospital bills to visa and invitation letter.

I sent money to some with a very touchy stories,one particular man said he had visa but no money for ticket,I requested that he scan the visa to me to see and after that I can buy him the ticket,few days later his stories changed,to that the travel agent would not release the passport and visa until he has paid the agency fee of 50k.

I said ok I'll give him 30k and he go and rally round his friends and families for 20k and after which if I have seen the visa I'll buy him the ticket.to make long story short,I never heard from him till date.

Many more stories like this,another from a nairalander whom I was going to buy a land from,but he was a fraud,unfortunately for him the oba of isolo is my club member,I rang the oba and he confirmed that the guy is a thief,months later,because he (the guy)has my email address,a friend request came through my FB,without hesitation I accepted him without knowing who he was,few weeks later he PM ME that he's stuck in Ethiopia and he needed $500 to go back to Nigeria,I felt terrible for him,and I started investigating to see if he's telling the truth.i typed his name into my email book,his email add popped up,shit,is that same guy.

The one that actually got me to come here is with my wife.Some months ago we had students reunion,which I took my wife with me,I intro her to some of my Nigerians pals,my wife is a friendly person,guess what?our Nigerian bros mistook her friendliness to fancy.

Friendship is not about what you can get.

This got me to ask you,do Nigerians know the meaning of friendship?
Re: Nigerians Don't Know how To Be Friends. by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:52am On Oct 21, 2015
Stop Generalizing... it's annoying.
Re: Nigerians Don't Know how To Be Friends. by blank(f): 10:52am On Oct 21, 2015
Those are not friends, they are opportunists.

Unfortunate that you happened on the wrong crew but not all Nigerians are like that.

You are a Nigerian and i don't think you are like that.
Re: Nigerians Don't Know how To Be Friends. by CountDracula(m): 10:59am On Oct 21, 2015
Na u be mugun naw... At ur age u never sabi difference btwn friends and parasites, sorry ehn
Re: Nigerians Don't Know how To Be Friends. by chomytex(f): 11:04am On Oct 21, 2015
May God help us
Re: Nigerians Don't Know how To Be Friends. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
CountDracula:
Na u be mugun naw... At ur age u never sabi difference btwn friends and parasites, sorry ehn

How am I mugu?that I chose to help someone that the son is in the hospital and they won't commence treatment becos he has no deposit or because I want help someone that his visa is about to expire simply because he has no money for ticket.What if they were telling the truth.
Re: Nigerians Don't Know how To Be Friends. by CountDracula(m): 12:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
euromilion:

How am I mugu?that I chose to help someone that the son is in the hospital and they won't commence treatment becos he has no deposit or because I want help someone that his visa is about to expire simply because he has no money for ticket.What if they were telling the truth.

Please listen to urself... "What if they were telling the truth" u hav no proof that dey were and yet u squandered ur money because u saw a pitiable story. Oh how I wish I had met u den, I wud hav formulated d saddest story ever and u wud have fell for it and I wud b spending ur money ryt now
Re: Nigerians Don't Know how To Be Friends. by chynergy1(m): 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2015
u r on point.
personally, i ve given up.
frienship is a bad investment in nigeria.
i just see you as a friend, nothing special, no emotional attachment, no inconvenience.

(1) (Reply)

JAIL CALLING! Oshiomhole Vows To Prosecute Gov Igbinedion Over Allegations Of Fr / Paris Attack Was Predicted By The Economist Magzine 2015 Edition / CJN To Set Up Fresh Supreme Court Panel On Saraki’s Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.